The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Here is a beautiful picture of the CPC and prince Christian looking devoted at princess Isabella in the very old gown.

Ekstra Bladet - Kongelig tjkrise: Skal dbskjolen deles i to?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
Here is a beautiful picture of the CPC and prince Christian looking devoted at princess Isabella in the very old gown.

Ekstra Bladet - Kongelig tjkrise: Skal dbskjolen deles i to?
I have to say that the old gown is gorgeous, with that lovely lace
What a same they didn´t think of making two when they made it!
I would like nice new gowns, but they would miss that charm the old one has.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
Well in Denmark there is a lot that bicycle to work and jog in their speartime or jog with colleagues.

And there is an increasingly number of firms who provide free fruit for the employes
Which is wonderful that Danish society at large has a proactive attitude on fitness. No wonder many Danes are so scrumptuous to look at

It's important to keep physcially fit and this is something we know the Crown Princess to feel passionate about herself. Between gymnasium work, jogging/running in the grounds of Fredensborg and a nutritionally balanced diet, it's no surprise Mary is as trim as she is when not pregnant.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Yes, but that was in Spain. You didn´t see CP Frederik bringing Prince Christian to Rigshospitalet when Princess Isabella was born. (IIRC)
Yes,I thought what have you said but I also think that Christian in 2007 when Isabella was born, was quite young to going to see his sister.
Anyway, we will see in next days
Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Which is wonderful that Danish society at large has a proactive attitude on fitness. No wonder many Danes are so scrumptuous to look at

It's important to keep physcially fit and this is something we know the Crown Princess to feel passionate about herself. Between gymnasium work, jogging/running in the grounds of Fredensborg and a nutritionally balanced diet, it's no surprise Mary is as trim as she is when not pregnant.
Well I haven't heard that CP Mary has a diet, but many of my family and friends and colleagues are eating vegetables like they were planning for celebrating their 100 years birthday

Off topic I know I'm sorry
Old 01-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Nobility

Maybe the government of Australia will gift a christening gown made of materials from Australia and incorporating embroidery related to that continent.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Uggs boots for the new twins

Royal order of the booties - hail Mary, mother of four
Read here
Old 01-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Courtier

It's interesting how traditions differ in different countries - and families. Here it is a tradition that the "main" godmother holds the baby at the baptismal font, not the mother (there can be several godmothers but the one holding the child is the "main" one). The christening gown is usually decorated with pink or light blue depending on whether the child to be christened is a girl or a boy. The gown in our family also has two "under gowns" that can be changed, a pink and a light blue one.

I don't see a problem with ordering two new gowns or ordering a copy of the old one. The reason why Joachim has two gowns for his children might be because he's been married twice, I don't know. Maybe the first gown is to be handed down in Alexandra's line and the other one in Marie's.

Oh, and I thought the new babies were getting new pairs of Uggs from Australia but apparently the article meant to say that Mary will probably be ordering new Uggs soon. Or maybe it was a hint for anyone in Australia trying to decide what to send to the twins as a gift...
Old 01-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, but that was in Spain. You didn´t see CP Frederik bringing Prince Christian to Rigshospitalet when Princess Isabella was born. (IIRC)

I doubt that Christian will visit the twins as he's supposedly has a cold right now.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
It's interesting how traditions differ in different countries - and families. Here it is a tradition that the "main" godmother holds the baby at the baptismal font, not the mother (there can be several godmothers but the one holding the child is the "main" one). The christening gown is usually decorated with pink or light blue depending on whether the child to be christened is a girl or a boy. The gown in our family also has two "under gowns" that can be changed, a pink and a light blue one.
I think the DRF does it a bit differently from many other Danes. In my families and many other I know of, babies are indeded usually held by the 'gudmor' - the main godmother. And in my family we also have a light pink and light blue under gown for a girl and a boy respectively
Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelintheCrown View Post

Well said!

Roxsteve must have some insider knowledge that we don't to be so "sure" Mary had fertility treatment it really gets up my nose when people make assumptions that beyond 35 all women need fertility treatment to have twins or even to fall pregnant. A friend of mine has two teenage children and discovered she was pregnant again at 43 and she hadn't been planning on any more!
I agree. Twins can happen more during advanced maternal age (Age 35 and over) because the body starts doing odd things so two eggs can be released during ovulation (which is what happened since Mary had non-identical twins).

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

According to TV2 news online - http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/...r.html?forside - Christian and Isabella have visited their new siblings today. However, they were admitted through another intrance - to avoid the press.
Probably a good idea till they have gotten used to the idea of having new siblings. Perhaps we well see them with Frederik and Mary and the twins instead when they leave the hospital.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
It´s not sure that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella will visit today. They probably will, but nothing sure and nothing has been released.

I don´t think we will see them at the hospital. I think they will be taken in and out at another entrance :)
You were absolutely right: according to TV.dk Christian and Isabella have visited their siblings but they have come in by another entrance

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/...r.html?forside
Google Traduttore
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Courtier

(...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Summary based on a number or article in BT, Sunday 09/01-2011.

(...)
Muhler! Thank you for your insightful translation, but I wonder whether the HM Queen Margrethe's IQ comment is yours or BT's?(there are no beery toasts on this board!)
Old 01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Muhler! Thank you for your insightful translation, but I wonder whether the HM Queen Margrethe's IQ comment is yours or BT's?(there are no beery toasts on this board!)
Muhler has an artistic translating service with his own opinions added
Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

Aww congratulations !
Old 01-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding the comments about her figure, for a normal woman with 4 kids will have hardtime to get her figure back I think in the case of Mary having babysiter and personal trainings are very easy to go back to her all figure, specially if she didn't have c-section, she has everything she needs or want at her feet so everything it is easier for her than for all of us . Still she did a marvellous job delivering twins via normal way!so congratulations!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
You are most welcome.

The comment was mine.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm hoping that Mary carries her son, and Frederik carries his daughter during the christening.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Whatever happens after this ashelen one thing is for sure and certain the struggle to regain the post baby figure we all have will not be Mary's. Life is so different here and what's for dinner and putting the washing on the line and so on aren't questions she would need to ask ..... so good luck to them and happy days

Closed Thread