Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, as a mother of four myself (with an Elvis of my own), leaving hospital with one baby was stressful enough, leaving with twins would double that stress, the whole family of six leaving together, forget it!!...I would not have coped walking out of a hospital carrying a 3 day old baby, and wrangling a 18 month old, 4 year old and 6 year old...So Mary and Fred similarly wouldn't manage a runaway 3 year old and a fiesty 5 year old plus the TWINS greeted by a press barrage (which we didn't have, by the way ;) ) So I can safely say, older kids will be waiting at home ;)
Another reason for not bringing the two big ones is the media frenzy! When Christian and Isabella visited the hospital they used another entrance, so that the media people won't spot them. Fred and Mary try to keep their kids away from that as much as possible and wouldn't want Christian and Isabella there for the interview.

:)
I'm sure Muhler can tell us that Joachim and his "daughter" will soon be coming home!?:flowers:

Muhler! this day and age women can marry men younger as well as men can marry women younger.:lol:

You've completely misunderstood my meaning.

I don't care how old Martin is.

This was just a teasing reference to the fact that many, if not most, wives sometimes think of their husbands as little boys. - Mine do! :p

:)

You've completely misunderstood my meaning.

I don't care how old Martin is.

This was just a teasing reference to the fact that many, if not most, wives sometimes think of their husbands as little boys. - Mine do! :p

I'm happy to hear:lol:

Stephanie Surrugue author of the latest book about princeconsort Henrik, stated the other day in the radio, that all men over 50 years, are male chauvinist. :flowers:

I'm happy to hear:lol:

Stephanie Surrugue author of the latest book about princeconsort Henrik, stated the other day in the radio, that all men over 50 years, are male chauvinist. :flowers:

Perhaps, I'll let you know when I turn 50. - And all women lack self-irony. :p

So sad to have been away during all of this event!
A boy and a girl :flowers: Congrats to the whole family. Well done Mary, perfect as always. CP Frederik's red pants and messy looks really melt my heart. I guess those horrendous reddish things are favourites of him, and for once Mary was busy with the babies so that he could let go on himself :D

I believe that the 'horrendous reddish things' are actually meant to be a pink salute to his new daughter while his blue sweater is a nod towards his son. I also believe that Queen Margrethe and the Prince Consort wore pink and blue as well during their visits to the hospital as a colour coded family joke!:ROFLMAO::p;):lol:

Oh dear, I'm away for a day and all this about Fred's adventurous trousers (oh I'm sorry, now that sounds awfully naughty :blush:) and window licking... Does Isabella really do that or ..? The word "windowlicker" made me think of a single released in 1999 by Aphex Twin and I learned that it is actually a derogatory British term meaning a mentally handicapped person. :eek: I'm sure the kids are no "windowlickers" in that meaning. :p
The DRF seems to have a keen interest in windows, the children are busy cleaning them while the adults like to inscribe their names on them with a diamond pen. :lol:

(...)

Do you think tomorrow we'll hear more news or do we have to wait until Thursday before we might expect the family to return home?

Last edited by a moderator:
:ausflag2::daneflag2:I am so happy for the Crown Prince couple! Congratulations to them both on welcoming another 2 happy and healthy children into their family! As an Australian, I am glad that there will forever be a little bit of Down Under in the Danish Royal House :):fireworks:

I apologize this may be a bit of a repetitive question over here but any news on when they may leave?

What is behind the writing on windows with a diamond pen?

It´s tradition :) At Fredensborg Castle there´s a room full of windows where kings, queens, presidents and so on have written on the windows with a diamond pen.

I´m sure that Muhler can tell more about this tradition :flowers:

Mary certainly has a beautiful group of friends! Baroness Helle, Tanja and Caroline are all stunning!

Sure. I somehow don't think Isabella and Christian will leave the hospital with them anyway. I guess Mary and Fred will leave the hospital both holding one of the babies. The press will have the opportunity to ask questions and take pictures. I think it would be a little too busy and stressful with two more children leaving the hospital with them. I somehow can imagine the siblings will welcome the twins at home at Amalienborg; or we'll have to wait until first official pictures will be released.

I agree completely, can you imagine the craziness it's going to be anyway, let alone two more children for the couple to watch out for, madness! The reporters are ruthless, i hope they behave themselves!

My husband will be visiting the twins sometime this week, he is a close friend of Prince Frederick and has known him for years! I will keep you up dated
wow your husband is going all the way from asutralia just to visit them?

Summary of article in BT: Alex: Frederik ser mere træt ud end Mary - Royale - BT.dk
Alex: Frederik ser mere træt ud end Mary - Alex: Frederiks looks more tired than Mary.
Written by: Jesper Helmer & Katja Maria Salomonsen.

Alexandra visited Mary today at Rigshospitalet, and she took all three of her boys with her.

Here the reporters caught up with her inf ront of the elevator.
Nikolai said: "We've been looking forward to this".

After the visit, the press was still waiting and Alexandra said:
- "It's been a really lovely visit. They are some really sweet and very small babies.
The Crown Princes looks healthy, in fine form and really happy and she is also very perky. In fact the Crown Prince looks more tired that the Crown Princess.
They are looking forward to going home and start a normal everyday-life. It is of course some handful for them but I'm sure they'll manage fine".

Nikolai and Felix confided to our reporters: "They are really sweet and tiny. And they look a lot like each other".

This visit has however not inspired Alexandra to have more children.

- There is no mentioning of Martin Jørgensen. Perhaps he was shaving?

Billed Bladet also has an article: Billed-Bladet - Prins Nikolai godkendte tvillingerne
With a nice pic of Nikolai showing us the size of the little ones.

- Madame Royale. I'm abslutely sure M&F appreciate all gifts they recieve. And presents from Tasmania has indeed been mentioned quite a few times in Danish press over the years. It's just that this is a little comical episode, while everyone are waiting for Mary and the twins to emerge. :p

I love Alexandra, but does she really think that Mary is going to take care of the babies, the other two, cook, clean and help them with homework. I find it annoying that the royals want to be so normal so that people continue paying for their lifestyle. They can have four, five, six children while the rest of us have to sacrifice. Sorry, but I find this comment offensive. I just had to let it out....

I love Alexandra, but does she really think that Mary is going to take care of the babies, the other two, cook, clean and help them with homework. I find it annoying that the royals want to be so normal so that people continue paying for their lifestyle. They can have four, five, six children while the rest of us have to sacrifice. Sorry, but I find this comment offensive. I just had to let it out....

I'm a little confused by what you said. I don't think Alexandra meant that Frederik & Mary will go back to "normal life" in the same sense that us "common folk" would consider normal. They obviously live a much more privileged life than most of us, but I'm sure they have a standard which they consider to be normal for them. I believe they are probably just looking forward to bringing the twins home and being with their other 2 children.

Oh, I didn't realise that they were taxing the USA to sustain the lavish lifestyle that an addition of two children to to Crown Princely family of Denmark will require. :bang:

Congrats to Mary & Frederick. They have best of the worlds : twins girl & boy.:flowers: How great that twins and mother are doing fine.:)
I can't wait for pics of parents & twins.:princess3:

I see your point, Roxsteve...it is slightly offensive for those with a privileged lifestyle to say things like 'getting back to a normal life' and gripe about having their 'hands full'...I wish for their kind of normal...I have 4 kids also and it is not for the fainthearted...If I had Mary's kind of normal where someone else did the laundry, cooked the dinner, did the grocery shopping, paid the bills, amused the older children and held the babies when needed...I would like a life of sycophantic well-wishers and a place to accommodate them and an onsite gym so I could get back to pre-baby shape without venturing out...I would love a normal life of focusing on the newborn and only them, but as it stands it is a juggling act of not enough hands and not enough funds to change that...So I don't think Alexandra was intentionally offensive, maybe just a bit naive and tactless and considering she has been around this echolon of people for over 10 years, she is probably herself slightly disconnected from the real plight and issues of working to middle class mothers...Struggles she probably never had as a mother, her biggest struggle may have been, 'Should I go to the gym or coffee with a friend while the baby is sleeping?' Tough choices?! But at least she had choices, something most mother's don't have...

So while the comments were silly, I don't see what we (that don't live in Denmark) can do about it or why we should care? My interest in the Danish royals only started when Mary 'joined'...before that I didn't even know Denmark HAD royals...Australia's only knowledge of royalty was the British royals and Queen Elizabeth II and I was definitely in the Republican camp...So getting angry on the Danes behalf is not going to solve anything and I kind of like them (royalty) now, it is kind of like a reality soap opera...I ask myself all the time, do people really live like this? And their 'dilemmas' seem so trivial because of the perks of their lifestyle...

I don't see what is wrong with Alexandra's comment. The Cp's are going to go home and get back to their version of normal. And from what Mary and Frederick have said in the past they do the majority of raising their kids. Yes they might have nanny's, chef's and maids. But unless we all tour their home and talk to everyone we really don't know what they do behind the walls or how many people work for them.

And if Muhler is correct on what they get, I bet they don't have a huge house full of help. (I beleive he is the one who have posted about their finances)

Also from what the Danes on here say, they are not too worried about it.

Last edited:
"Normal" is not a definitive term. What is normal to me may not be normal to you and I am very certain that what is normal to Alexandra and Mary is different as well.

Alexandra's comment should probably be taken in the appropriate context. And after being in the hospital for a few days I am sure the whole family is looking forward to their "normal" life.

'getting back to a normal life'

But that is the norm for them. It's all relative to the lifestyle and environment they live in.

I think perhaps some have taken the comment out of context.

Personally, I think it's pretty ridiculous that we're all reading into it so much. I'm almost 100% certain that Alexandra thought nothing of her comments, because I certainly didn't either. She made one simple statement and it doesn't really change or affect any of our lives. Let's move on and talk about what this thread is really all about, the celebration of Frederik & Mary's new twins.

Getting back to normal, meant, in my ears, exactly what she said.
I.e. getting back to what for M&F is the normal daily rythm of life. (Albeit with a couple of alterations...).

Even for royals, being in a hospital is not normal.

I agree completely, can you imagine the craziness it's going to be anyway, let alone two more children for the couple to watch out for, madness! The reporters are ruthless, i hope they behave themselves!

Agree, unfortunately. I'm not sure either Christian and Isabella will be there.
The children are used to facing journalist, but there are many this time. Some of them will be calling out for them in a foreign language and mum and dad are busy. - And for small children this press meeting will take forever!

I remember when Alexandra left the hospital with Felix. The photographers must have praised the deities for Nikolai, because he provided entertainment and a good motif playing in the background. But even he began to cry at some point.

No, I guess and hope we'll see the whole family when they return to Amalienborg.
I hope they will go home today, if this is going to happen, because snow is expected Wednesday.

Official guests, mainly heads of states but also royals in general and of course the DRF, scratch their names in panes of glass which are a part of the windows at Fredensborg.
A somewhat alternative guestbook. :)

And we have an example of poor editing from BT: Nu har Mary og Frede fire barnepiger - Royale - BT.dk

The headline announce: Now, Mary and Frederik have four nannies.

However..... Further down, the article quotes one of their own reporters for saying that she presumes M&F will emply two nannies more for the twins.

Well, I presume that too but it's not a confirmed fact, yet. :bang:

The rest of the article follow the current debate on this thread, that Mary and Frederik will get considerable help from their staff.

Of course they do. It's not that M&F will leave the table at a dinner: "Excuse me, got to take care of the sauce", then go down in the kitchen in full evening attire.

Or Frederik saying: "Mary, I'll go shopping for groceries. Get something for you"?

Or cutting an event short because: "I really need to go home and wash the floors".

I mean, their staff is not so much a luxury as a necessity, due to their peculiar work and them working strange hours.
Others have an au pair (including Joachim and our Marie) to help out, M&F have a staff.

Is it known when Mary and the twins will leave hospital?
I am so looking forward to seeing the twins and the proud parents.

I need to see some happy, loving photos.
After the last few days seeing the devastation that the floods have caused and is currently causing in my home state of Queensland

I´m anxiously waiting for pictures of the newborn twins. Meanwhile, what a pleasure to see the gorgeous Nikolai and Felix and little Christian.
(...)

10-01-2011 Prince Christian visiting his new brother and sister at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency Prince

10-10-2011 Copenhagen Countess Alexandra and Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix and Martin Joergensen visiting the twins at the Rigshospitalet hospital in Copenhagen

PPE Agency Copenhagen

Mary leaving hospital soon

Mary leaving hospital soon Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

08-01-2011 Cake All patients at Rigshospitalet got a special made cake to celebrate the royal twins.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=08-01-2011 Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom