Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very sweet of nikolaj and felix. they seem very close to their uncle, aunt and cousins.

The court say Mary will not leave hospital today as it has been speculated in the press. The court did not mention when Mary & the twins will leave but when it is decided they will let the press know for them to be around for pictures.

Article

very sweet of nikolaj and felix. they seem very close to their uncle, aunt and cousins.

Apparently Nikolai and Felix says that the twins are so sweet and looks like each other a lot.:flowers:

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
Tillykke! :flowers:

Are the kids with her when Mary leaves the hospital?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the kids with her when Mary leaves the hospital?
I don't think Isabella and Christian will be with them when Mary and Frederik leave the hospital with the twins.
When Mary left the hospital with Isabella Prince Christian was waiting for them at home. There were pictures of all 4 at Fredensborg later.
Maybe there will be pictures of Christian and Isabella welcoming the twins at Amalienborg.

Good heavens! If the twins see Isabella as a rolemodel there will be three children constantly licking windows at Amalienborg

Hahaha, she does seem to enjoy it doesn't she. Perhaps she isn't aware it isn't sugar frosting!

Another story is that the Tasmanien government apparantly plain forgot to think about a present for the twins. And now they are rushing out to find something.

I wouldn't exactly say the Tasmanian government are rushing out to acquire a present for the twins...haha. At an appropriate time, gifts on behalf of the people of Tasmania will be presented to Mary and Frederik, which is in itself a nice gesture and one which of course is not required whatsoever. A communal expression of goodwill really, and one I'm sure the Crown Prince and Crown Princess shall very much appreciate.

Entirely unrelated, but Prince Christian is also on the waiting list to become an MCC (Melbourne Cricket Club) member.

The brief article is from 2006. Though why he was nominated is beyond me really, I assume it was somewhat intended as a personal gesture to his mother, more than anything. Just another something in connection to her homeland which will include her son.

Prince Christian awaits MCC membership

Last edited:
Don't tell me you think Mary does the cooking at home?
They obviously listed only the important positions in the household in here: TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Organisation

E.g. there is the matron and the Head Clerk, so i assume that there are several secretaries under the Head Clerk and that there are several chefs, cleaners, helps and maids under the matron.

Summary of article in BT: Alex: Frederik ser mere træt ud end Mary - Royale - BT.dk
Alex: Frederik ser mere træt ud end Mary - Alex: Frederiks looks more tired than Mary.
Written by: Jesper Helmer & Katja Maria Salomonsen.

Alexandra visited Mary today at Rigshospitalet, and she took all three of her boys with her.

Here the reporters caught up with her inf ront of the elevator.
Nikolai said: "We've been looking forward to this".

After the visit, the press was still waiting and Alexandra said:
- "It's been a really lovely visit. They are some really sweet and very small babies.
The Crown Princes looks healthy, in fine form and really happy and she is also very perky. In fact the Crown Prince looks more tired that the Crown Princess.
They are looking forward to going home and start a normal everyday-life. It is of course some handful for them but I'm sure they'll manage fine".

Nikolai and Felix confided to our reporters: "They are really sweet and tiny. And they look a lot like each other".

This visit has however not inspired Alexandra to have more children.

- There is no mentioning of Martin Jørgensen. Perhaps he was shaving?

Billed Bladet also has an article: Billed-Bladet - Prins Nikolai godkendte tvillingerne
With a nice pic of Nikolai showing us the size of the little ones.

- Madame Royale. I'm abslutely sure M&F appreciate all gifts they recieve. And presents from Tasmania has indeed been mentioned quite a few times in Danish press over the years. It's just that this is a little comical episode, while everyone are waiting for Mary and the twins to emerge. :p

Last edited:
I don't think Isabella and Christian will be with them when Mary and Frederik leave the hospital with the twins.
When Mary left the hospital with Isabella Prince Christian was waiting for them at home. There were pictures of all 4 at Fredensborg later.
Maybe there will be pictures of Christian and Isabella welcoming the twins at Amalienborg.

Thanks ;)

I would love to see the siblings together now! Hurry up! :D

The Crown Princes looks healthy, in fine form and really happy and she is also very perky. In fact the Crown Prince looks more tired that the Crown Princess.

Ha, I find that funny but not all that surprising, given that Mary apparently had an easy birth. Frederik's probably been running back and forth trying to both help Mary with the twins at the hospital and deal with Christian and Isabella at home.
It's been interesting to me following this pregnancy as I have friends who were in this situation - a total of four kids with the two littlest being twins - not too long ago. They both said that for the first couple of months the twins were relatively easy to deal with as they were pretty experienced with baby care by that point. It was the older two that ran them ragged!

Don't tell me you think Mary does the cooking at home?

No, as it has been mentioned a few times, that Fred is the better cook :p

They obviously listed only the important positions in the household in here: TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Organisation

E.g. there is the matron and the Head Clerk, so i assume that there are several secretaries under the Head Clerk and that there are several chefs, cleaners, helps and maids under the matron.

The only ones not listed are the nannies.

Last edited:
And it´s not only a hundred year old gown, but a hundred and forty year old gown :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rather than allow one child to wear the heirloom gown and the other to wear a duplicate or something entirely different, I think it would be best to have two new ones for the babies. It seems more equable. :)

I don't know as Christian was a lot younger than Isabella is now :) Christian was 18 months old, whereas Isabella is now three years and nine months old :)

Rather than allow one child to wear the heirloom gown and the other to wear a duplicate or something entirely different, I think it would be best to have two new ones for the babies. It seems more equable. :)

Could they make two replicas, that way it can be used in case something happens to the original. How often can they use a almost two hundred year old gown before it starts to be frayed.

Of course with the kind of life they have they have to have chefs, mailds, cleaners,etc.... the kids they have to eat at certain time, so if they are working in an event or even in her office she does not have the time to cook, not ironing, cleaning the house ,nothing of that, she certenly will not be the average mother of 4. she will have a lot of help!

Alexandra,Martin,Nikolai and Felix have visited Mary and the twins

Alex og børnene besøger Mary | Starlounge
the kids are so lovely they look so much to Joachim!!!!!

Sorry if I'm late...but I think it's never too late to congratulate to a mother who delivered. Especially now...it has to be, as in CP Frederick words, a double joy for them. I wish all the happiness and good luck for this new challenge called life.
And congrats to the little "big" siblings too!!!

Summary of article in BT: Alex: Frederik ser mere træt ud end Mary - Royale - BT.dk
Alex: Frederik ser mere træt ud end Mary - Alex: Frederiks looks more tired than Mary.

(...)

I didn't know that Mary and Alexandra were so close. And also that Martin was there with Alexandra and the boys. This is really very nice.

What about Marie and Joachim? Did they visit Mary?

Alexandra visited Mary today at Rigshospitalet, and she took all three of her boys with her.

Who are the "three boys"? Do they count Martin as one? Or does Alexandra care for Henrik while Marie and Joachim are a way?

My husband will be visiting the twins sometime this week, he is a close friend of Prince Frederick and has known him for years! I will keep you up dated

I don't know as Christian was a lot younger than Isabella is now :) Christian was 18 months old, whereas Isabella is now three years and nine months old :)
Sure. I somehow don't think Isabella and Christian will leave the hospital with them anyway. I guess Mary and Fred will leave the hospital both holding one of the babies. The press will have the opportunity to ask questions and take pictures. I think it would be a little too busy and stressful with two more children leaving the hospital with them. I somehow can imagine the siblings will welcome the twins at home at Amalienborg; or we'll have to wait until first official pictures will be released.

My husband will be going to see the Twins on thursday morning (Demark time),

My husband will be going to see the Twins on thursday morning (Demark time),

so keep us posted!
hope eveything ig good with the twins and the parents.
from the comments i have heard i reckon mary is doing just fine, and i think it was sweet of Alexandra's to mention Frederik is very tired, because it shows how very much involved in the whole birth&pos birth process he is.

Yes, as a mother of four myself (with an Elvis of my own), leaving hospital with one baby was stressful enough, leaving with twins would double that stress, the whole family of six leaving together, forget it!!...I would not have coped walking out of a hospital carrying a 3 day old baby, and wrangling a 18 month old, 4 year old and 6 year old...So Mary and Fred similarly wouldn't manage a runaway 3 year old and a fiesty 5 year old plus the TWINS greeted by a press barrage (which we didn't have, by the way ;) ) So I can safely say, older kids will be waiting at home ;)

Who are the "three boys"? Do they count Martin as one? Or does Alexandra care for Henrik while Marie and Joachim are a way?

I'm sure Muhler can tell us that Joachim and his "daughter" will soon be coming home!?:flowers:

Muhler! this day and age women can marry men younger as well as men can marry women younger.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom