The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

As i said before I had babies #2 and #3 at 35 and 38 years of age (first at 28).....pregnant first month both times and without any fertitlity treatment. Many women that age can fall pregnant naturally

Old 01-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ah thanks though the article doesn't mention when they'll visit just that they're away but then again the translations aren't always 100% on the spot.
Yes, must've added my own spin!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Aristocracy

I saw that Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik both visited, as well as Mary's father, John Donaldson. According to Billed-Bladet, John Donaldson said the babies look a bit like Princess Isabella. I can't wait to see the little ones. Do we have any word on when they'll possibly be released from the hospital? I'm not trying to jump the gun or anything, just wondering.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to the family.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Yes, must've added my own spin!
haha that's ok now I'm curious if they'll make it back in time before she leaves the hospital
Old 01-09-2011, 02:10 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The Danish Royal Family have said that it was natural conception and natural birth. Who are you to argue that you know something that no one else knows. Why on earth would they say it if it was not true as these days the truth gets out. Why on earth would you say you know better? 38 is not "old" to have a baby, certainly not when it is not your first or are you just one of those mad conspiracy theorists?
The babies are born, they are healthy as is Mary. It doesn't matter and it was bad enough that the Royal Family had to state the twin pregnancy was a natural conception, it was no one's business in the first place. Being 38 is far from being "old". I agree wholeheartedly, Marg.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Gentry

Since the twins share a birthday with Elvis...
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Scandinavian Royals with The King
Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Oona View Post
Since the twins share a birthday with Elvis...
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Scandinavian Royals with The King
LOL. So maybe grandma Margarethe won't oppose the name Elvis
Old 01-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Christian also wont visit his mother & the twins because of a cold - Read it here
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
I saw that Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik both visited, as well as Mary's father, John Donaldson. According to Billed-Bladet, John Donaldson said the babies look a bit like Princess Isabella. I can't wait to see the little ones. Do we have any word on when they'll possibly be released from the hospital? I'm not trying to jump the gun or anything, just wondering.
There were some speculations on that yesterday.

As the births were uncomplicated she could leave the hospital anytime next week.

So I'd say Tuesday-Thursday.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought they said he can visit tomorrow being today if that makes sense...guess he's still not feeling well enough...too bad was looking forward to seeing the twins' big brother and big sister come and visit.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Ahh, thank you

I haven´t seen nor heard about that in the danish medias...
No, neither have I. I just saw the link to the Australian video clip where the journalist said the second baby was breech. This morning's Berlingske Tidende runs several pages about the twin birth, nothing mentioned about breech as far as I can see. A bit strange; wonder who first said that the little girl was breech.

Addition: Just saw Tinkerbell's link to a quote by the doctor. Thanks. Still strange that it isn't mentioned in Danish media and online sites.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I thought they said he can visit tomorrow being today if that makes sense...guess he's still not feeling well enough...too bad was looking forward to seeing the twins' big brother and big sister come and visit.

Yes, I feel the same...

Princess Mary's family welcomes twins | News.com.au (09/01/2011).
http://news.msn.co.nz/glanceview/139...o-twins.glance
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
No. Isabella wore the same christening gown as Christian. The original christening robe was used in 1870. So it is very old and an antique. Just like the Windsors and the Honiton lace christening robe, the Danish royals can chose to have a replica of the christening robe made. The Prince can use the original and the Princess can wear the replica. The original Christening Robe can become part of a permanent exhibit and the Danish royals can continue to use the replica for future christenings.

That's my thinking anyway!
So, (just to put the cat amongst the pigeons) !! (hypothetically speaking of course) why do you feel the original christening gown should be given to the Prince and the Princess wear a replica - is it because he is a boy and you feel he has higher status than his sister. Does that make him more important then
Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Frederik and Mary
Old 01-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Great to hear the twins are healthy and the birth uncomplicated. Congratulations to the couple, royal twins are truly special! Looking forward to the first pictures of the complete family.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue
So, (just to put the cat amongst the pigeons) !! (hypothetically speaking of course) why do you feel the original christening gown should be given to the Prince and the Princess wear a replica - is it because he is a boy and you feel he has higher status than his sister. Does that make him more important then
It probably has more to do with the fact the prince was born first and nothing to do with gender.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

News in Italy:

Danimarca: nati i gemelli della principessa Mary | euronews, mondo
La principessa Mary di Danimarca dà alla luce un maschio e una femmina - Adnkronos Esteri
Danimarca, due gemelli per la principessa Mary - Mondo - ANSA.it
http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/esteri/2..._maschio.shtml
http://www.italia-news.it/esteri-c4/...rca-54795.html
Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Aristocracy

Is there any information about when do Mary leave the hospital or how long the babies have to stay in the hospital?
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The Danish Royal Family have said that it was natural conception and natural birth. Who are you to argue that you know something that no one else knows. Why on earth would they say it if it was not true as these days the truth gets out. Why on earth would you say you know better? 38 is not "old" to have a baby, certainly not when it is not your first or are you just one of those mad conspiracy theorists?

Well said!

Roxsteve must have some insider knowledge that we don't to be so "sure" Mary had fertility treatment it really gets up my nose when people make assumptions that beyond 35 all women need fertility treatment to have twins or even to fall pregnant. A friend of mine has two teenage children and discovered she was pregnant again at 43 and she hadn't been planning on any more!

Closed Thread