Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it is the other way round. Since so many people are confirmed and leave church as an adult, they started to controll the godparents before the christening. From my experience the priest asks for the certificates of christening and confirmation (each a copy of the church book).

In Germany, catholic priests don't only marry and christen people in the church which belongs to the parish they live in. A priest told me, that they do that, because it doesn't matter if the church belongs to your parish, as they are glad, that people are still married in church and still let their children be christened in church.

I met a friend yesterday, who gave birth two weeks ago, and I can assure you, that there was no loose skin, but definetly still a belly.

Last edited:
surgery speculation???

I wasnt going to suggest it, but if a c section was had to not only to ensure safe delivery of the twins, perhaps also a little 'tightening' of a certain Crown Princess' tummy was done as well ;)

Only a thought on my behalf, nothing more, so don't start scolding me for suggesting the possibility of Mary having an abdomnoplasty in conjunction with the birth :p

PS Most respected surgeons (at least in the US) strongly recommend against the combo c-tuck procedure as they want you to heal from delivery fully, avoid the risk of infection, and to allow for your tissue to shrink back on its own, before they perform an abdominoplasty. So, even if she were to have an abdominoplasty I'm sure her doctors wouldn't do it until later as this is not advisable.

Congrats to the danish royal family! When will the cprincess be leaving the hospital, and will she be getting up to the twins at night as was claimed by her first 2 births?

My guess is that she is breastfeeding the twins, same as she breastfed Christian and Isabella, so she will have to get up at night :)

Pardon me for asking but as a woman with no children I've always wondered... Are there some kind of belts or supportive garments etc. to be worn after childbirth until the skin and tissue on the stomach area firms up again? I do not mean to be insensitive but one would think starting exercise or just moving around again might feel a bit weird at first when suddenly there's all that excess skin in the midsection after giving birth.

I also think Mary is young and fit enough to be able to get back in shape without a surgery but then again, what do I know. If she needed some kind of a surgery later, I wouldn't judge her for it.

let me tell you as a mother of 4 - no no no and no
you get back to your old figure the easiest way when you breatfeed - more than 3 months at least (I did 6 months full and then started to give them vegetabelmousse I cooked myself) and ended breastfeeding between nine and twelve months (its so comftortable, you always have everything with you you need)
then a normal nutrition - in the beginning you I had lots of appetite - but that normalised quickly - and everything got back within 4 to six months and after about 9 months I was completely back to normal without exercsing and trainers even after the 4th.

wearing belts and garments is not good then the muscels don t have to work themselves and you never get a firm body - so just let nature work and as long as you are a happy mother without psycholigical problems or an illness you dont have problems to get back to normal - of cours if you want to have a model figure within a few weeks you will need a personal trainer and lots of nannies taking care of your child - but then, why children ....

Garments

Pardon me for asking but as a woman with no children I've always wondered... Are there some kind of belts or supportive garments etc. to be worn after childbirth until the skin and tissue on the stomach area firms up again? I do not mean to be insensitive but one would think starting exercise or just moving around again might feel a bit weird at first when suddenly there's all that excess skin in the midsection after giving birth.

I also think Mary is young and fit enough to be able to get back in shape without a surgery but then again, what do I know. If she needed some kind of a surgery later, I wouldn't judge her for it.

I have heard people wear supportive garments (such as a girdle or spanks underwear) after delivery to help firm up the area but I don't believe it's really effective for shrinking things up - just a comfort thing. Most women can exercise about 4-6 weeks after delivery and it seems to start gradually with taking walks with a stroller.

Not all women have a lot of excess skin after birth - though Crown Princess Mary's tummy may be "rounded a bit" and then go down gradually (I still looked a few months pregnant for a few weeks after birth). I would agree Mary is probably able to bounce back without surgery (the key is she tends not to gain too much weight, stays active during pregnancies, and has already bounced back great from her 2 prior pregnancies) but I appreciate your saying you wouldn't judge her either way. I had abdominoplasty (see my other post) and I did it because I was really bothered by the extra flap of skin I had (even after I worked out and dieted down). I got my surgery when my son was 2 and it was the best $8,000 I ever spent. But I'm not planning on doing anything else - breasts, facelift, etc. - because any other imperfections don't bother me as much.

It probably has more to do with the fact the prince was born first and nothing to do with gender.
Thanks for that - hadn't looked at it from that point of view !

let me tell you as a mother of 4 - no no no and no
you get back to your old figure the easiest way when you breatfeed - more than 3 months at least (I did 6 months full and then started to give them vegetabelmousse I cooked myself) and ended breastfeeding between nine and twelve months (its so comftortable, you always have everything with you you need)
then a normal nutrition - in the beginning you I had lots of appetite - but that normalised quickly - and everything got back within 4 to six months and after about 9 months I was completely back to normal without exercsing and trainers even after the 4th.

wearing belts and garments is not good then the muscels don t have to work themselves and you never get a firm body - so just let nature work and as long as you are a happy mother without psycholigical problems or an illness you dont have problems to get back to normal - of cours if you want to have a model figure within a few weeks you will need a personal trainer and lots of nannies taking care of your child - but then, why children ....
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways of getting your tummy back to normal quickly. I'm sure Mary has a personal trainer that will help her get her tummy nice and flat very soon !

The Australian news this morning has just reported that Mary is up and about, is very happy and the twins are doing well. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for: leaving hospital photos, official family of SIX photos, Mary's birthday, christening date followed by images and finally THEIR NAMES...Life should be back to normal about April...but then there is QM's birthday, Isabella's birthday, Will & Kate's wedding, all photo ops that Mary, Fred and twins might be at...Yippee!!

Last edited:
Regarding the comments about her figure, for a normal woman with 4 kids will have hardtime to get her figure back I think in the case of Mary having babysiter and personal trainings are very easy to go back to her all figure, specially if she didn't have c-section, she has everything she needs or want at her feet so everything it is easier for her than for all of us . Still she did a marvellous job delivering twins via normal way!so congratulations!
Let's not forget the personal chef.

The papers have certainly covered almost every angle in connection with this birth!

Here is an article from BT about M&F not getting a raise in the apanage after having the twins. Kassen er lukket for kronprinsparret - Royale - BT.dk

That is hardly the surprise of the year! I cannot recall someone I know of getting a raise in their salary just because they have more children.

Come to think of it. M&F should in principle be entitled to child-subsidy (børnepenge) from the state like all other parents. I wonder if they do?

I am waiting for: leaving hospital photos, official family of four photos, Mary's birthday, christening date followed by images and finally THEIR NAMES...Life should be back to normal about April...but then there is QM's birthday, Isabella's birthday, Will & Kate's wedding, all photo ops that Mary, Fred and twins might be at...Yippee!!

:lol: My feelings exactly! It's bound to be a very exciting ride.

Wonderful news. Congratulations Mary, Frederik and family. So happy for you all.

So when will the babies and Mary leave the hospital? I can't wait to see the pics!

any pics of the twins and mary?

Not yet. We will only see pictures of Mary and the twins when they leave the hospital for the first time. We don't know when that is yet. 4 - 7 after the birth days was the estimation since it is twins.

I am wondering if we will see the whole family together after the twins have arrived home. I remember that after Christian and Isabella were born Mary and Frederik took them out at Fredensborg once they had arrived home to greet press and well wishers. But maybe there is nowhere like that at Amalienborg. I just thought it was a nice tradition.

Well I haven't heard that CP Mary has a diet, but many of my family and friends and colleagues are eating vegetables like they were planning for celebrating their 100 years birthday :lol:

Off topic I know I'm sorry:flowers:

A 'diet' doesn't necessarily mean she is on a diet and that is not what I meant...lol. Gotta love communicaton barriers!

By balanced diet, I mean Mary eats well.

Last edited:
I am waiting for: leaving hospital photos, official family of SIX photos, Mary's birthday, christening date followed by images and finally THEIR NAMES...Life should be back to normal about April...but then there is QM's birthday, Isabella's birthday, Will & Kate's wedding, all photo ops that Mary, Fred and twins might be at...Yippee!!
I agree with you, I can't wait to see things return to (NORMAL)whatever that means, but with twins!!!;)

Not yet. We will only see pictures of Mary and the twins when they leave the hospital for the first time. We don't know when that is yet. 4 - 7 after the birth days was the estimation since it is twins.

But perhaps she'll want to go home as soon as possible; I know that I would.
It seems like the births were fairly easy for her, and the babies are a healthy weight, so perhaps she'll go home a bit earlier than expected.

News report (Channel 7's Sunrise programme) here in Oz this morning said that Mary was up and walking about and that she and the twins were doing well - in fact much better than anticipated. According to the reporter (and yes, I realise this is just pure speculation :D), the word is that Mary and the twins will be leaving hospital sometime Wednesday Australian time, which I think equates to Tuesday afternoon or early evening Copenhagen time. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I am wondering if we will see the whole family together after the twins have arrived home. I remember that after Christian and Isabella were born Mary and Frederik took them out at Fredensborg once they had arrived home to greet press and well wishers. But maybe there is nowhere like that at Amalienborg. I just thought it was a nice tradition.

I guess if they did it the 2 previous times they will do it again. It would be lovely for the people who hadn't had the chance to visit, see them there. I guess the palace square would be the best place. Interesting to see where it takes place.

I hope we get to see them soon! I hope it doesn't happen while I'm in class.

Last edited:
Sorry about this question but can someone identify some of the people who visited..I see the names and such but I really don't know who they are.

If you read those two links above your post, most of them have the names of the visitors with each picture. I'm actually looking at them now. :)

A 'diet' doesn't necessarily mean she is on a diet and that is not what I meant...lol. Gotta love communicaton barriers!

By balanced diet, I mean Mary eats well.

Thanks for explaining:flowers:

You have the advantage of english being your first language, and what a beautiful language it is.

I'm so grateful you took the time to explain this to me.:flowers:

If you read those two links above your post, most of them have the names of the visitors with each picture. I'm actually looking at them now. :)
Ya but I meant like how do they know Mary and Frederik but I got my answer on Billed-Bladet :flowers: They were Mary's maid, stylist etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom