The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

WOW! wonderful new, a boy and a girl! congratulations to crown prince couples.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Majesty

A clip from Billed Bladet: Billed-Bladet - Video: Prins Henrik og dronning Margrethe besøger tvillingerne

QMII answered some of the questions in English.

Notice the PET officers around Prince Henrik, they seem to get nervous as the press rushed forward towards PH.

So that may be the reason why there were four around when QMII visited.

A compilation of videos from BT: Se alle de royale videoer - Royale - BT.dk

- The tragic incident in USA, where a number of people were shot are also on the news today. As are the floods in Australia and the German problem with pork.
Such things are certainly not forgotten, by no means, just dealt with elsewhere.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

I agree there are so much catastrophy around the world, we got news of the birth of twins whether to royal or not it is a time of jollification and now this tragic news of the congresswoman how sad.
Being a twin myself with a brother. I rejoice for Mary while I pray for the tragic victims.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Such wonderful news, especially when I heard about the twins after following hours of horrible news here in the U.S.

Congratulations to Frederick, Mary, and their families! I'm thrilled to hear how big the twins were at birth. I was certain that they would have arrived before Christmas but it seems that the extra time growing in the room certainly helped!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

For me that was the most exciting baby watch since I got interested in royalty. Perhaps its because I am since two month mother of a boy.

I hope that the cold of Prince Christian is soon over and he could discover his new siblings intensive.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Any place I Can read the Press Interview in english???
Old 01-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Gentry

I hope that CP Mary and Prince Frederick choose family names like Knud, Ingrid, Margrethe etc. not just names they like such as the recently-chosen Savannah although Savannah is a very pretty name. It is not royal!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Any place I Can read the Press Interview in english???
Danish Royal Watchers
Old 01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I hope that CP Mary and Prince Frederick choose family names like Knud, Ingrid, Margrethe etc. not just names they like such as the recently-chosen Savannah although Savannah is a very pretty name. It is not royal!
Savannah Phillips isn't a royal.
IMO; they'll go for a royally related modern first name and continue with the traditional middle naming.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think they Princess's first name will be Margareth because I think that name may be reserved for heiress's from now on. I love the name Axel and Ingrid! Can't wait for photos
Old 01-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Diez Minutos:

Mary of Denmark mom of a twins
Mary de Dinamarca, madre de mellizos - Monarquías - Familia Real - Diez Minutos

BT.dk has a gellery with all the internet pages about the birth of the twins. Or I have to call them Elvis and Shirley?
Tvillingerne rydder forsider over hele verden | www.bt.dk
Old 01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Are you sure about the girl being breeched? I haven't heard or read that! And the labour was more than 4 hours...more like 5-6 hrs as the doctors were alerted at 5:00 AM. Mary was admitted at 7:00 AM and the boy was born at 10:30 am and the girl at 10:56 AM.
It has been reported here several times that the little girl was breech.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

I can just imagine when Mary finally leaves the hospital with the babies, some of the press may say; "And Evis has just left the Building!!'" Just joking. But you can imagine it, Yes!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

So she will probably (and this is speculation) leave the hospital in maybe 4 - 7 days time?

I was not around to follow the first two pregnancies so I am just wondering if the court announces when Mary will leave the hospital and how long it was until she was able to leave with the first two children? I know this is different since it is twins, but I am just curious.

I can't believe that this pregnancy is over already haha.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1948 View Post
It has been reported here several times that the little girl was breech.
It was breech? I have only seen it mentioned twice in this thread. Was it Frederik or the doctors who said it was breech? I can't find anything about it in the Danish media.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wish I knew what Frederick was saying:(
Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
A bit ahead of myself here, but wondering what she will wear at the christening this time. With Christian she wore blue, with Isabella, pink. Any ideas ?
I thought about that too, when I saw a few christening photos of the twins older siblings. Maybe she'll wear a blue skirt with a pink blouse or vise versa? Or more seriously, maybe she'll wear pink again and Frederik'll wear blue very obviously this time? Could be very possible since each of them will hold one twin at the christening.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Are you sure about the girl being breeched? I haven't heard or read that! And the labour was more than 4 hours...more like 5-6 hrs as the doctors were alerted at 5:00 AM. Mary was admitted at 7:00 AM and the boy was born at 10:30 am and the girl at 10:56 AM.
Well this is the media talking here, I guess all the real facts will emerge in time. But just put up what I saw on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I thought about that too, when I saw a few christening photos of the twins older siblings. Maybe she'll wear a blue skirt with a pink blouse or vise versa? Or more seriously, maybe she'll wear pink again and Frederik'll wear blue very obviously this time? Could be very possible since each of them will hold one twin at the christening.
Another thought has come to mind - the christening gown that Christian wore has been handed down through the ages, so wonder what the wee Princess will wear !!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Me too! He looked so happy as he spoke and the media was sharing the moment with him. If someone would be kind enough to give a translation of his speech we would be most grateful
Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Patience.

Wait until tomorrow. I'll write a summary from one of the newspapers.

In the meantime, here is something you can have a look at: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1187587

Closed Thread