The Family of Crown Princess Mary - The Donaldsons

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chatleen

Nobility
Today there's an article in the danish tabloid BT about Mary's father, John Donaldson:

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=280652/

To put it short, it says, that JD is much liked by the danes because of his modest nature and downplayed sense of humour.

Apparently on his way home from a dinner with The Danish Mathematical Society, he was stopped by several danes, who wanted to congratulate him on his speech at the wedding.

Where is the Mary's mother photos?
(she is died)

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 31st, 2004 - 5:47 pm
Mary's dad and step-mom

John Donaldson og konen Susan Moody holder pressemøde på Matematisk Institut.
:angry: It's just too bad the media are unable to learn that the wife of Mary's father has changed her name !

:ermm: Moody which is the surname of a previous husband of her is absolutely not a part of her legal name anymore !

Moody is now simply one of the names she uses as an author Jameson, Moody, Madison ++ :woot:

Susan Elizabeth Donaldson is her full name ! ^_^

I never knew Mary had the same middle name as her stepmother. Or is Mary Elizabeth, Mary's full name?

They are very nice pictures, Chatleen. To me, it just showed a caring touch, hence .... :flower:

The Princesses full name is :

Mary Elizabeth Donaldson!

Susan Elizabeth Moody-Donaldson is her stepmother!

I stand corrected by Anna! The Crown Princess' maiden name was Donaldson, hence since her May 14 marriage to HRH Crown Prince Frederik she no longer uses it!

Her step mother legally changed her name from Moody to Donaldson. She herself uses several names other than her own when writing.

Thank You anna for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:
anna said:
:angry: It's just too bad the media are unable to learn that the wife of Mary's father has changed her name !

:ermm: Moody which is the surname of a previous husband of her is absolutely not a part of her legal name anymore !

Moody is now simply one of the names she uses as an author Jameson, Moody, Madison ++ :woot:

Susan Elizabeth Donaldson is her full name ! ^_^

That Mary's step-mom uses Moody as one of or part of her pen names makes it understanable that some people, including the press and people here would mix it up and presume that her name is Susan Moody. Nothing to get yourself in a tizzy over. :rolleyes:

Just like one shouldn't take seriously nor get offended by the exaggerations of the Danish press.... :) So trivial.

One think I've noticed though, is that Mary and her brothers dont refer to Susan as their "stepmother" or "mother" etc, but as "my father's wife", or "my father's soul-mate" (or something along those lines - remember when Mary introduced her family in that doco?).... Well they were already grown ups when they lost their mum, most with families of their own already, so I suppose there was no immediate need to start thinking of Susan as their new mother or anything.

"Elizabeth" is quite a common middle name in English-speaking countries (maybe something to do with the royal family, since Margaret and Mary are also common middle names). It's not really surprising that both Mary and Susan share that name.

I love the name Elizabeth, acutally I hope to give the name to any daughter I have in the future, however I would use the Elisabeth spelling instead. Nothing against the Z spelling.

Oh I love little Elisabeth of Belgium. I hope that Denmark changes it laws on females and the line of succession. I would love to see Mary and Frederik welcome a little Elizabeth :) !!

photo from last week's trip at http://www.bt.dk/royalt/

Blandt gæsterne var også Marys storesøster Jane Stephens og hendes mand Craig

Attachments

• 271866_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    271866_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 4,301
Josefine said:
where does her sisters live?
I think they both lives in Hobart. Atleast thats were they departed from and arrived to from their Denmark trip in may 2004. (photos captions :) )
Wasn´t it Mary´s brother who lived in eastern Australia?

crown princess mary's middle name of Elizabeth is spelt with a 'z' instead of the 's' as spelt in the thread title.

This is Marys mother Henrietta Donaldson. She and her husband moved from Scotland to Tasmania in 1963 where they lived with their four children.
Henrietta Donaldson died in 1997 during a heart surgery

Attachments

• etta.jpg
    etta.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 12,815
How many siblings have Mary, and whats theire name?

And BTW who is Amber?

Mary has two sisters and a brother:

the royal webpage said:
Jane Alison Stephens, born 26. december 1965, Patricia Anne Bailey, born 16. marts 1968 and John Stuart Donaldson, born 9. juli 1970.

Amber Petty is one of Mary's friends, and was her maid of honour at her wedding.

Yennie said:
This is Marys mother Henrietta Donaldson. She and her husband moved from Scotland to Tasmania in 1963 where they lived with their four children.
Henrietta Donaldson died in 1997 during a heart surgery

Wow, mary looks like her mum!

on www.kongehuset.dk it says this

"The crown princess started school at Clear Lake City Elementary school in Houston, Texas 1974-1975"

Is this Texas, USA? I had no idea she and her family had lived there??
But she was born in Tasmania... or was she not?

According to en.wikipedia.org, Mary's family lived there while her father was doing a fellowship at the University of Houston. And yes, she was born in Australia. The family moved back after his fellowship ended.

That's pretty neat, that her father did his fellowship at the University of Houston. I just graduated from that college in August.

Ah..now I see why she went to the Clear Lake Elementary School, it nearby.

If Mary's family is moving to Denmark for three years like a previous poster said A.) which family members are moving, B.) where will they live and C.) when will they be moving?

I guess if that's true it explains why no one from her family has visited the baby yet!

The only member's of Mary's family moving (or having moved) to Denmark is her Father and step-mother who reside in Arhus 3 hours North of Copenhagen for about half the year. The rest of the year they spent in Oxford with her sons or Tasmania with his other daughters and son. I read somewhere that Susan Moody actually had some Danish connections prior to Mary meeting Frederik. Apparantly Susan's godfather was Danish and she had friends in Denmark so it wasn't as big a change as it might appear at first glance.

Mary's cousin jailed on sex charges

By Nick Clark

December 01, 2005

A TASMANIAN cousin by marriage of Princess Mary was behind bars last night after being found guilty of three sex charges.
A Supreme Court jury took seven hours to unanimously find teacher Brendan Geoffrey Johncock guilty of aggravated sexual assault and indecent assault of a 16-year-old student in 2001.
He was found not guilty of rape and five other charges.
Johncock, 42, a former teacher at Launceston's St Patrick's College, is married to Jacqueline - one of three Donaldson cousins of Princess Mary who live in Tasmania. They were guests at the Copenhagen wedding of Mary Donaldson to Prince Frederik in May 2004 despite the sex charges having been laid in December 2003.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17423948-421,00.html

Back
Top Bottom