The Crown Prince Wedding in Denmark News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am cornsilk..and very new here, this is actually my first post!
I am assuming here that a public kiss will be quite acceptable protocol on the big day? !

I am hoping so..I have to stay up past midnight to watch the wedding! Australia is just too far away sometimes!! LOL

I remember as a little girl, it was soooo big..to see the new Princess Diana kiss her new husband...

I am sure it will happen in Denmark! Also..is it true..that a Danish tradition is when the couple do the bridal waltz...the guests eventually join in and dance closer and closer around the wedded couple...thus sealing their love for all time??

I heard this...Just wondering if it is so!

I am not really a romantic person..but I am finding myself very interested in this.
Yes..I am Australian so maybe that is why..but maybe I am getting mushy in my old age! ( A whole 34 years of old age haha)

:heart: Well, heres to kisses in public!

It's suppose to be online now, but I don't see anything. Does anybody know how it works? Or any other webcast?

Here's the link: http://bryllup.tv2.dk/article.php%3Fid=765350.html

The wedding day, May 14th 2004:

0630 CET: TV 2 starts the day with a live broadcast from the Copenhagen New Opera House.

1100 CET: Royal luncheon on the royal yacht Dannebrog

1330 CET: The wedding guests arrive at Copenhagen Cathedral

1550 CET: Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik arrive at the cathedral

1600 CET: The official wedding of HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Ms. MAry Elizabeth Donaldson in Copenhagen Cathedral

1700 CET: Coach ride from Copenhagen Cathedral to Amalienborg Palace

1740 CET: The royals wave from the balcony of Christian VII's palace at Amalienborg

2000 CET: Wedding banquet at Fredensborg Palace

2345 CET: HRH Crown Prince Frederik dances the bridal waltz with his wife at Fredensborg

0010 CET: Fireworks at Fredensborg Palace

Before the wedding:

May 10th, 1000 - 1200 CET: HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson receive deputations in Christian VII's palace at Amalienborg

May 11th, 0900 - 1100 CET: HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson receive deputations in Christian VII's palace at Amalienborg

May 11th, 1900 CET: Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik host a banquet for the "official Denmark" at Christiansborg Palace in honour of the royal wedding

May 12th, 1200 CET: Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik and the rest of the royal family attend a wedding reception af Copenhagen city hall

May 13th, 1100 CET: Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, the Crown Prince, Mary Donaldson and the rest of the royal family celebrate the wedding in the Danish parliament Folketinget

May 13th, 1900 CET: Gala show at the Royal Danish Theatre in honour of the wedding of HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson

After the wedding:

May 15th, 0800 and 2000 CET: TV 2 airs a summary of the royal wedding

I don't see anything either. I'm in Los Angeles and I'm guessing that they are at least nine hours ahead of us in California (it's 10:20 pm L.A. time) I wanted to see the whole show leading up to the wedding at the Cathedral.

Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Take care
Athena :flower:

Try the webcast on www.dr.dk
Click on Frederik and Mary, then on the left side "Live bryllup"
This one workes ;)

Originally posted by Athena@May 14th, 2004 - 12:21 am
I don't see anything either. I'm in Los Angeles and I'm guessing that they are at least nine hours ahead of us in California (it's 10:20 pm L.A. time) I wanted to see the whole show leading up to the wedding at the Cathedral.

Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Take care
Athena,

coverage has started. Go to http://tv.tv2.dk and then click on Kongeligt Bryllup in the yellowbar on the top.

I know it is frustrating tyring to figure it all out when you don't understand the language!!!

Mahalo (meaning thank you in Hawaiian) Sean! I finally got it!

I sincerely hope that every will enjoy this day...I'll be up for hours watching this. I've got my comfy p.j.s, a nice hot cup of tea..damnit I'm ready for this great day!

Take care and Aloha to all

Originally posted by Athena@May 14th, 2004 - 12:46 am
Mahalo (meaning thank you in Hawaiian) Sean! I finally got it!

I sincerely hope that every will enjoy this day...I'll be up for hours watching this. I've got my comfy p.j.s, a nice hot cup of tea..damnit I'm ready for this great day!

Take care and Aloha to all
Well, I'm going to have to get some sleep between now and the wedding! I too hope everyone has a great day! Is there still a chat room feature on this board? If so, that would be a good place to 'hook-up' during the ceremony!

TC everyone!

Sean

so if the actully wedding starts 16 in denmark when does the guests arrive an hour before or something like that?

I am getting just a promo for TV2. Not a commercial just TV2

Never mind. The DR one is working fine. I am impressed with the quality of the DR feed. Quite good.

Originally posted by Dennism@May 14th, 2004 - 1:12 am
Never mind. The DR one is working fine. I am impressed with the quality of the DR feed. Quite good.
I know! Let's hope it stays that way. It was in and out during the gala today! DK2 was really good during the state dinner the other day.

I got it to work! Now I have both of them on!

the big day!! i hope to see very nice gowns... specialy mary's one! :)

the first guests will start arriving 14.40 the royal guests last then frederik will come 15.30 and the wedding starts 16.00

i can tell you that it is 3 hours 15 minutes to 16.00 in denmark
but remember the guests come earlier.

ow, I wish I was a fly on the wall in the Danish court now. I would to see how busy everyone is and what they are doing. I guess they already are dressing up etc. etc.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@May 14th, 2004 - 6:40 am
ow, I wish I was a fly on the wall in the Danish court now. I would to see how busy everyone is and what they are doing. I guess they already are dressing up etc. etc.
I had thoughts of a "Behind the Scenes" photograph book. Photos of the principals getting dressed, the people in the church getting things ready, the florist setting the flowers right, the horsemen attending to the horse, the last touches on the military suits and things like that . That would be cool.

I'm completely in the wedding mood. I'm watching ZDF now with their live broadcasting. Of course it's an our for the real wedding.

Thank you so much guys (L)

it what order will the royal wedding guests come in to church?
is it how long they have been on the throne comes last?

Thanks so much for keeping us updated! The North American media is not covering the wedding at all!

Thanks so much.

Eliza

what order will the royal wedding guests come in to church? Is it how long they have been on the throne comes last?

Here's My Guess:

The Danish Royal Family
The Donaldson Family
The Scandinavian Royal Families
Other European Royal Families
Arab Royal Families
Asian Royal Families
Heads of States (e.g. Presidents, Prime Ministers)
Close Friends of the Bride and Groom

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for keeping us updated! The North American media is not covering the wedding at all!

No problem, Eliza. Reminder to North American members. Watch BBC World News, German Journal, or Le Journal for clips of the Danish royal wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
do not gorget the new thread where all the pictures from the wedding will be posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom