The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Gentry

Princess Mary's Personality

I see Crown Princess Mary as calm, quiet and warm woman, someone who lives in peace and harmony with others (her family and her People) at all times.
What I like about Mary is that she reminds me of the old style royal princess. I think she is doing a wonderful job in Denmark. She seems to have nicely figured out the line between conservative royal and independent young woman.

What do you think about her personality?

Old 06-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Gentry

I agree with some things but I have to say, without being rude or anything, that she seems to enjoy the luxury life in the spotlights sometimes a little too much. I dont care for the way she always wears chanel and gucci for several thousands worth of money and how she always seems to enjoy the cameras more than the people she meet at her jobs. She doesnt seem to be the girl she was in Sydney before she got engaged and came to denmark.

But of course I wouldnt know and its only my opinion. But she seems to be a VERY good mother. Loving and at the same time like they know how not to spoil the child too much, like many parents today do. (although I dont like that Christian already wears real fur on one of his coats) Hope I havent offended anyone

Old 06-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Courtier

No doubt that Mary loves her new lifestyle; who wouldn't ?

I have the same image of Mary, as I had three years ago, when she married Crown Prince Frederik. Fun-loving, warm and charming woman. Just as everyone has always described her. Her friends and family, in the documentary "Mary Donaldson", and the prime minister of Denmark, her new family, her husband etc. etc. Especially warm, that's how we've seen she is with her husband, her children, and her small nieces and nephews.

I also see her as trying very hard to be liked and accepted, for example in the media. I have that "quality"(not that it's a good thing!) as well. And you're that, when you're not 100 % confident. Many people probably think that Mary is super confident and arrogant, but I don't think that at all, I think it's visible, that she isn't very, very confident in being the center of attention yet, which I totally understand. I would be scared to death, personally. She might be a little shy too.

She is outgoing. Especially with children, she is very comfortable around children, I have noticed. Not only her own, but children in Bornholm, Thailand, Australia and Denmark, around on kindergardens etc.

She is image councious. And that's not a bad thing at all. It's very good to be image concious when you're in the public eye.

And she has a good heart.

This is how I think she is ..
Old 06-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Nobility

I find myself becoming more interested in Mary then the other future Queens maybe because I have heard so much about them and less about her.What I have seen I generally like.I understand her feeling more comfortable around children I think I share that quality.I think in terms of her style when it comes to fashion like all of them she is trying to find her way and what makes her unique.I think she looks great when she wears the print dresses and I also like her is some of her more casual ware and eveing gowns.I don't think the severe suits do her justice though.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchessOlga View Post
But she seems to be a VERY good mother. Loving and at the same time like they know how not to spoil the child too much, like many parents today do.
I agree with you, GrandDuchess, I think her favorit role is to be a good mother.

Quote:
Hope I havent offended anyone
Of course not Thanks for your opinion!!

Quote:
And you're that, when you're not 100 % confident. Many people probably think that Mary is super confident and arrogant, but I don't think that at all, I think it's visible, that she isn't very, very confident in being the center of attention yet, which I totally understand.
yeah I think she is a shy person. I think she enjoys the media attention but by other side she seems a bit fragile when she is in the middle of this attention. But that's why I like her :)
Old 06-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Gentry

IMOMary comes across as the best thing that's happenned in the Danish Royal family: she appears to be genuinely concerned and interested in her personal and official duties. Having lived in Europe for several years in a to-be- nameless country, she is the first royal that has captured my attention and the first I felt worth following. I wonder if I were Danish would I consciously or unconsciously think of her living in luxury since my taxes were helping to provide her life style.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Aristocracy

I like Mary. I enjoy following the news about her.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I guess I like Mary because she seems like a down to Earth girl who I could actually be friends with. Mary lights up when she is with her children and her love for Frederik seems to be as strong, if not stronger, today than when they married.
I don't have the money to wear the designers Mary does, but if I was given a huge clothing budget with designers falling all over themselves to dress me, you'd better believe my shoe collection would be the size of all the crown princesses (and Queen Rania) combined!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Commoner

For me CP Mary seems to be very arrogant and not very spontaneous or humorous. She tries to be always "Princess Perfect". Everything is intended t.ex. every smile.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I would call Mary very self assured and confident. To me she gives the impression that she has a strong character and nows exactly what she wants, very determined and she takes her job seriously. I don't find her too warm with other people or affectionate, rather a bit distant or cool, but not in a bad sense, wouldn't go so far to call her calculating or fake. IMO there is something very regal in her and I find her appearances always very professional and princess-like. She likes to show off a bit and I think she's the type of woman who needs a certain financial or social standard and I am not too sure if she had married Fred being a street sweeper. But again, I don't blame her for that. She's definitely an asset for Denmark and the monarchy!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I become more interest about CP Mary in the las months.
I like her style, the way she has to do her role as Princess. I mean, she have has to work a lot in the last years not only in her official role, even for her self, learning a very difficult lenguage, a different culture...etc. For that reason I think she is a very prepared and stong woman.

What I dont like of her, (and the rest of the Eropean Princess) is that, of course they have to look "real", but i dont find the necesity of were in Cucci or Prada or Valentino... all the time. I would love they were more simple.

But definitly I love Princess Mary
Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Ups, I forgot

Do you know where I can see the " Documentary about Mary Donaldson",
and, Is in English?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Ups, I forgot

Do you know where I can see the " Documentary about Mary Donaldson",
and, Is in English?

Thanks in advance!
Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V

Part VI

Part VII

Part VIII

Old 06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchbaer View Post
For me CP Mary seems to be very arrogant and not very spontaneous or humorous. She tries to be always "Princess Perfect". Everything is intended t.ex. every smile.
I agree.

I think she's calculating, artificial and superficial. I certainly doubt I could spend more than 10 minutes discussing anything of any real value with her.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Gentry

Thank God Im not the only one feeling that she comes off as being superficial.

I think that her "accent" is a good example of what I mean. She is an Australian and speak with a British accent I know there already IS a topic about her accent and Im not trying to get off-topic here but it just seems to me that she puts on an accent to the media. Like she cannot be herself. I would love to here her speaking with an Australian accent as the rest of her family does, since I think its a beautiful accent...
Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denice View Post
I like Mary. I enjoy following the news about her.
Is it her personality that makes you follow her news?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I agree.

I certainly doubt I could spend more than 10 minutes discussing anything of any real value with her.
Why do you spend so much time talking negatively about her then? I don't understand that at all.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Aristocracy

Under the circumstances (i.e. learning a new language, living in a foreign country, learning the duties of a crown princess, giving the royal family two beautiful and healthy children, behaving in a way befitting her station) I think Mary has done a superb job. If she falters in any way -- her actions are immediately jumped upon, her choice of clothes and "style" is minutely criticised, her relationship to her husband is dissected daily.

I hope she is oblivious to the criticisms and stays the course. I don't presume to know what she is like personally. I just like what I see.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

you all have different opinions of her . . . I'm not sure what I should think for myself. She loves shopping, she's well dressed, maybe she trys to be a perfect princess . . but it does't mean that she is superficial. Sometimes I think that she must be a very friendly person. For example if I see her together with children. But sometimes she seems arrogant to me . . .

Nevertheless I like to discuss about her personality. It's more interesting than to speak about dresses only! :)

arrogant or not . . . I like Mary.

And if I'll change my mind because I find out that she's really arrogant and superficial, I'll tell it to you immediately
Old 06-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
Nevertheless I like to discuss about her personality. It's more interesting than to speak about dresses only! :)
Me too!

By my part I find her happy and relaxed. I think she is a bit shy but not nervous or tense.