Princess Mary's Personality

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarela

Gentry
City
Graziela
Country
Argentina
I see Crown Princess Mary as calm, quiet and warm woman, someone who lives in peace and harmony with others (her family and her People) at all times.
What I like about Mary is that she reminds me of the old style royal princess. I think she is doing a wonderful job in Denmark. She seems to have nicely figured out the line between conservative royal and independent young woman.

What do you think about her personality? :flowers:

I agree with some things but I have to say, without being rude or anything, that she seems to enjoy the luxury life in the spotlights sometimes a little too much. I don´t care for the way she always wears chanel and gucci for several thousands worth of money and how she always seems to enjoy the cameras more than the people she meet at her jobs. She doesn´t seem to be the girl she was in Sydney before she got engaged and came to denmark.

But of course I wouldn´t know and it´s only my opinion. But she seems to be a VERY good mother. Loving and at the same time like they know how not to spoil the child too much, like many parents today do. (although I don´t like that Christian already wears real fur on one of his coats) Hope I haven´t offended anyone

No doubt that Mary loves her new lifestyle; who wouldn't ?

I have the same image of Mary, as I had three years ago, when she married Crown Prince Frederik. Fun-loving, warm and charming woman. Just as everyone has always described her. Her friends and family, in the documentary "Mary Donaldson", and the prime minister of Denmark, her new family, her husband etc. etc. Especially warm, that's how we've seen she is with her husband, her children, and her small nieces and nephews.

I also see her as trying very hard to be liked and accepted, for example in the media. I have that "quality"(not that it's a good thing!) as well. And you're that, when you're not 100 % confident. Many people probably think that Mary is super confident and arrogant, but I don't think that at all, I think it's visible, that she isn't very, very confident in being the center of attention yet, which I totally understand. I would be scared to death, personally. She might be a little shy too.

She is outgoing. Especially with children, she is very comfortable around children, I have noticed. Not only her own, but children in Bornholm, Thailand, Australia and Denmark, around on kindergardens etc.

She is image councious. And that's not a bad thing at all. It's very good to be image concious when you're in the public eye.

And she has a good heart.

This is how I think she is .. ;)

Last edited:
I find myself becoming more interested in Mary then the other future Queens maybe because I have heard so much about them and less about her.What I have seen I generally like.I understand her feeling more comfortable around children I think I share that quality.I think in terms of her style when it comes to fashion like all of them she is trying to find her way and what makes her unique.I think she looks great when she wears the print dresses and I also like her is some of her more casual ware and eveing gowns.I don't think the severe suits do her justice though.

But she seems to be a VERY good mother. Loving and at the same time like they know how not to spoil the child too much, like many parents today do.

I agree with you, GrandDuchess, I think her favorit role is to be a good mother.

Hope I haven´t offended anyone

Of course not :flowers: Thanks for your opinion!!

And you're that, when you're not 100 % confident. Many people probably think that Mary is super confident and arrogant, but I don't think that at all, I think it's visible, that she isn't very, very confident in being the center of attention yet, which I totally understand.

yeah I think she is a shy person. I think she enjoys the media attention but by other side she seems a bit fragile when she is in the middle of this attention. But that's why I like her :)

IMOMary comes across as the best thing that's happenned in the Danish Royal family: she appears to be genuinely concerned and interested in her personal and official duties. Having lived in Europe for several years in a to-be- nameless country, she is the first royal that has captured my attention and the first I felt worth following. I wonder if I were Danish would I consciously or unconsciously think of her living in luxury since my taxes were helping to provide her life style.

I like Mary. I enjoy following the news about her.

I guess I like Mary because she seems like a down to Earth girl who I could actually be friends with. Mary lights up when she is with her children and her love for Frederik seems to be as strong, if not stronger, today than when they married.
I don't have the money to wear the designers Mary does, but if I was given a huge clothing budget with designers falling all over themselves to dress me, you'd better believe my shoe collection would be the size of all the crown princesses (and Queen Rania) combined!

For me CP Mary seems to be very arrogant and not very spontaneous or humorous. She tries to be always "Princess Perfect". Everything is intended t.ex. every smile.

I would call Mary very self assured and confident. To me she gives the impression that she has a strong character and nows exactly what she wants, very determined and she takes her job seriously. I don't find her too warm with other people or affectionate, rather a bit distant or cool, but not in a bad sense, wouldn't go so far to call her calculating or fake. IMO there is something very regal in her and I find her appearances always very professional and princess-like. She likes to show off a bit and I think she's the type of woman who needs a certain financial or social standard and I am not too sure if she had married Fred being a street sweeper. But again, I don't blame her for that. She's definitely an asset for Denmark and the monarchy!

I become more interest about CP Mary in the las months.
I like her style, the way she has to do her role as Princess. I mean, she have has to work a lot in the last years not only in her official role, even for her self, learning a very difficult lenguage, a different culture...etc. For that reason I think she is a very prepared and stong woman.

What I dont like of her, (and the rest of the Eropean Princess) is that, of course they have to look "real", but i dont find the necesity of were in Cucci or Prada or Valentino... all the time. I would love they were more simple.

But definitly I love Princess Mary

Last edited:
Ups, I forgot:rolleyes:

Do you know where I can see the " Documentary about Mary Donaldson",
and, Is in English?

Thanks in advance!

For me CP Mary seems to be very arrogant and not very spontaneous or humorous. She tries to be always "Princess Perfect". Everything is intended t.ex. every smile.
I agree.

I think she's calculating, artificial and superficial. I certainly doubt I could spend more than 10 minutes discussing anything of any real value with her.

Thank God I´m not the only one feeling that she comes off as being superficial.

I think that her "accent" is a good example of what I mean. She is an Australian and speak with a British accent :ermm: I know there already IS a topic about her accent and I´m not trying to get off-topic here but it just seems to me that she puts on an accent to the media. Like she cannot be herself. I would love to here her speaking with an Australian accent as the rest of her family does, since I think it´s a beautiful accent...

I agree.

I certainly doubt I could spend more than 10 minutes discussing anything of any real value with her.
Why do you spend so much time talking negatively about her then? I don't understand that at all.

Under the circumstances (i.e. learning a new language, living in a foreign country, learning the duties of a crown princess, giving the royal family two beautiful and healthy children, behaving in a way befitting her station) I think Mary has done a superb job. If she falters in any way -- her actions are immediately jumped upon, her choice of clothes and "style" is minutely criticised, her relationship to her husband is dissected daily.

I hope she is oblivious to the criticisms and stays the course. I don't presume to know what she is like personally. I just like what I see.

you all have different opinions of her . . . I'm not sure what I should think for myself. She loves shopping, she's well dressed, maybe she trys to be a perfect princess . . but it does't mean that she is superficial. Sometimes I think that she must be a very friendly person. For example if I see her together with children. But sometimes she seems arrogant to me . . .

Nevertheless I like to discuss about her personality. It's more interesting than to speak about dresses only! :)

arrogant or not . . . I like Mary.

And if I'll change my mind because I find out that she's really arrogant and superficial, I'll tell it to you immediately:lol:

Nevertheless I like to discuss about her personality. It's more interesting than to speak about dresses only! :)

Me too! :flowers:

By my part I find her happy and relaxed. I think she is a bit shy but not nervous or tense.

Last edited:

I think that her "accent" is a good example of what I mean. She is an Australian and speak with a British accent :ermm: I know there already IS a topic about her accent and I´m not trying to get off-topic here but it just seems to me that she puts on an accent to the media. Like she cannot be herself. I would love to here her speaking with an Australian accent as the rest of her family does, since I think it´s a beautiful accent...

She sounds Australian to me. She'd never pass as British in England.

Why do you spend so much time talking negatively about her then? I don't understand that at all.

This board was to exchange all views on Royalty. Moreover I find it rather amusing that so many Mary fans are so overly concerned as to what I spend my time doing.

She sounds Australian to me. She'd never pass as British in England.

Hmm. Could be me though. :blush: but she doesn´t sound Australian with her o´s. and she doesn´t sound to have the same accent as her family does. Maybe I´m wrong since I´m not neither a native Australian nor Brit...

I have faith in all the members here will continue to debate this topic like mature human beings.
Am I right?
Of course I am.:D

There is no need to be a smarty pants when questioning your fellow members opinions. If you do, try and state in a a different manner or rather approach. You will be more effective.

Thanks!

GT:flowers:
The Ever-so Patient Danish Mod.
:D

This board was to exchange all views on Royalty. Moreover I find it rather amusing that so many Mary fans are so overly concerned as to what I spend my time doing.
Overly concerned I am not I have to admit, I just find it amusing to see how differently people tackle likes and likes not. I have likes not among royals (or royals who I find genuinely uninteresting) - I just cannot be bothered to spend more than a few seconds in total discussing them.

Has it ever occured to you that the reason why Mary's accent is british is because her entire family is actually from Scotland? She IS scottish, so she probably grew up with a mix of Australian and Scottish/British accent, which could be why she speaks as she does. Coz her accent is not 100 % british, it's very australian too, but not totally entirely australian, no ..

The Scots probably does make a difference, but I've always been surprised by this confident assertion I've seen in so many places that she doesn't sound Australian. All I can say is that she sounds Australian to me, although it isn't a very broad accent. She'd never pass for English or Scottish in Britain.

Mind you, it'll be interesting to see what living in Denmark will do to her accent over the years.

Last edited:
Mind you, it'll be interesting to see what living in Denmark will do to her accent over the years.

Okay I´m starting to quit this discussion about her accent. To comment on your post, Elspeth I want to say that sometimes, to me, she does seem to have a vague Danish accent. Her dad actually also says this in the documentary about Mary before the wedding... again JMO

arrogant or not . . . I like Mary.

And if I'll change my mind because I find out that she's really arrogant and superficial, I'll tell it to you immediately:lol:

No, arrogance and superficiality go so well with royal princesses - like the right clutch with the perfect Chanel outfit. Let's not have Mary change one teensy weensy bit.

What a boring world we'd live in if everybody was oh so cute and cuddly and approachable and loved everybody. I like a good standoffish character every now and then and if a royal can't be standoffish and get away with it, then who can?

Arrogance is good in the right place, it really is, :angel:and if a palace is not the right place for it then there is no place for arrogance left!

We can't have that! :royalrobes:

I like Mary she comes across to me someone who is warm with children. She seems to be a shy person. I suspect she is trying hard to fit in as a princess. I think that's where the clothes, the accent and the arrogance come from but I not actually think she's arrogant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom