Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (2005-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsa M. said:
Don't know when were these photos taken, but she seems pregnant to me and Face to Face says they're from August 12th (last Friday)...:confused:
Anyway, here they are, via ImageShack. Enjoy.

http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=007250082wg.jpg http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=007250079ib.jpg http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=007250065cq.jpg http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=007250055xc.jpg

Thanks Elsa!

I think they're from the Marlene Birger fashion show. Marlene Birger also designed the outfit Mary is wearing.

Attachments

• 00725651.jpg
    00725651.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 00725652.jpg
    00725652.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 00725653.jpg
    00725653.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 00725655.jpg
    00725655.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 00725665.jpg
    00725665.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 00725667.jpg
    00725667.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 00725650.jpg
    00725650.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 312
  • Fred_Mary_Tivoli_1-UKP.jpg
    Fred_Mary_Tivoli_1-UKP.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3,360
  • Fred_Mary_Tivoli_2-UKP.jpg
    Fred_Mary_Tivoli_2-UKP.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3,185
  • Fred_Mary_Tivoli_3-UKP.jpg
    Fred_Mary_Tivoli_3-UKP.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
this may sound strange but Mary seems more warm and fuzzy, when she wears Danish fashion and then when she wears "snobby" labels. any thoughts?

Linda Hsu said:
Hi cute_girl

Attending fashion shows are part of Mary's duties, please look at Mary's official site and as advised by gattica28, please check out page 2 of this thread.

Then, you could understand why Mary attended these Danish fashion shows last week.

Cheers
thank you for the information Linda.unless such duties dont need any training or education and only needs a signiture to marry some prince,I wish all poor people could have jobs like her,making so much money from attending fashin shows!this is not just her,but all royals.what a cruel world we live in:mad:

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
thank you for the information Linda.unless such duties dont need any training or education and only needs a signiture to marry some prince,I wish all poor people could have jobs like her,making so much money from attending fashin shows!this is not just her,but all royals.what a cruel world we live in:mad:

well ok, if you want to spend time mad over that (something that you have no control over) then I can think of maybe a billion other things that you might be interested in being upset about too...:D

just let me know...:p

Last edited:
I want to be stick thin like those models and earn millions for walking up and down the catwalk! And I want to be as pretty as Charlotte Casiraghi and have access to money and be extra chic too! ;)

But in regards to all those commoners marrying princes... there's no argument about that... they do get benefits (as well as added responsibilities) once they marry into royalty. And of course I agree that we live in an unequal world. I mean I'm here wasting time and looking at pictures while a poor child in another part of the world is dying of hunger. I don't need to look at royals and the very rich to see the inequality in the world - the fact that I can do all these things that I can do, whilst another can't, is already a manifestation of inequality.

I think people though find it hard to accept that Mary is a protector of CIFF, and instead criticise her attendance at these fashion fairs. Seriously - what's the difference between supporting the Danish fashion industry and supporting a Danish choir group?? Is it because the former is more enviable (all those clothes and its oh so glamourous!!) whilst the latter is not (relatively speaking of course)??

Last edited:
cute_girl said:

Mary is not making money by attending these shows.She is the patron of CIFF and Designer's Nest and taking part in these major events are part of her duties.From a recent Danish TV news report, hundreds from all over the world came to participate in this event which 5 years back, no one seem to be interested in. ? Mary effect.

Jasl said:
I want to be stick thin like those models and earn millions for walking up and down the catwalk! And I want to be as pretty as Charlotte Casiraghi and have access to money and be extra chic too! ;)

But in regards to all those commoners marrying princes... there's no argument about that... they do get benefits (as well as added responsibilities) once they marry into royalty. And of course I agree that we live in an unequal world. I mean I'm here wasting time and looking at pictures while a poor child in another part of the world is dying of hunger. I don't need to look at royals and the very rich to see the inequality in the world - the fact that I can do all these things that I can do, whilst another can't, is already a manifestation of inequality.

I think people though find it hard to accept that Mary is a protector of CIFF, and instead criticise her attendance at these fashion fairs. Seriously - what's the difference between supporting the Danish fashion industry and supporting a Danish choir group?? Is it because the former is more enviable (all those clothes and its oh so glamourous!!) whilst the latter is not (relatively speaking of course)??
Thank you Jasl for your good point,I didnt mean t be against her,when all her peers are living that way why shouldnt she?this discrimination has been going on for thousands of years.you seemed to be the only one who got what I said.

jasl, it doesn't have to do with that. i think that if mary is protector to a danish fashion fundation, she should practise what she preaches. another poster previously said that it's incoherent to support the danish fashion industry and then use international designers such as hugo boss or prada.

Isn't the crownprincess a bit mocked in her country for being the promoter of danish fashion? If it would be one of the official causes of a belgian or dutch princess she would be mocked by the serious press (& serious people), such an empty task, isnt it?
Is she actively involved in other serious causes (like Mathilde & Maxima for the UN for example)?

Once again, please go to Mary's website and view her patronages. One of her other key partonages is Mental Health. I for one am very glad she has chosen to take this often controversial topic on and help erase some of the stigma. And no she can wear other labels and still promote danish fashion.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/84452004.htm

Royal News Princess Mary Attends Fashion Fair

August 15, 2005, 3:16:25 Royal News: Denmark's pregnant Crown Princess Mary looked radiant in a flowing blue blouse as she attended the Copenhagen International Fashion Fair.

The mother-to-be traded in her usual tight-fitting maternity wear for a floaty, floral dress and a pale blue wrap-around top, which disguised her blossoming baby bump.

Earlier this month, Princess Mary vowed to raise her child without help from nannies.

The Australian-born beauty says she wants to break royal tradition and be a hands-on parent when her child is born.

carlota said:
jasl, it doesn't have to do with that. i think that if mary is protector to a danish fashion fundation, she should practise what she preaches. another poster previously said that it's incoherent to support the danish fashion industry and then use international designers such as hugo boss or prada.

If you look at what Mary wears, the majority of what she wears is not by international designers. Unless one can show that Mary does not wear Danish designs then I don't think one can continue arguing that Mary does not practise what she preaches.

I also strongly believe that being a protector of something does not mean that you are bound to enjoy things produced by them only. For example, would it be reasonable for Alex to only enjoy music produced by the DR Girls choir (not sure what it's called)? Of course not! But back to Mary - look at what she wears and you will see that a majority of it will be unrecognisable to us (for now) and you know why? Probably because we can't find it in the websites by international designers... they are probably by unknown Danish designers, which brings us full circle to Mary and her connection with CIFF: to help make Danish fashion known to the rest of the world.

Marengo said:
Isn't the crownprincess a bit mocked in her country for being the promoter of danish fashion? If it would be one of the official causes of a belgian or dutch princess she would be mocked by the serious press (& serious people), such an empty task, isnt it?
Is she actively involved in other serious causes (like Mathilde & Maxima for the UN for example)?

The Danish fashion industry, I believe, is the fourth largest industry in Denmark. Many Danes therefore rely on it for their livelihood. Of course fashion is quite superficial - but when you remember that people depend on it, that they feed their family from the money they make from clothing people, that a substantial part of the Danish welfare system is being supported from the tax which comes from their fourth largest industry, then you can see that there is a very "human" (as opposed to superficial) justification for Mary's involvement with CIFF.

Mock that and you mock the livelihood of many Danes and the loved ones they support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody I am new here on the forums.I enjoy the princess Mary threads very much.I thinks she looks radiant and very stylish in her pregnancy, she is in her 7th month now and still looking fabulous(much prettier than before the pregnancy) and not really looking HUGE .Sometimes you don't even see her belly.I think she is doing a great job but I would like to see her more in humanitarian/social causes,I accept(cause who am I to judge ?!) that Mary is a protector of CIFF, she is perfect for the job.

Bye !

Marengo said:

This is the list of patronages Mary is involved since last year. The organisations she is involved ranges from culture, humanitarian aid, fashion, research and science, social and health and sports.

http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/a1000c

Mathilde and Maxima have been in the royal scene few years more than Mary. So it is not justified to compare when Mary is only one year of performing her Royal duties. She is at the moment Patron of World Health Organisation , Regional office for Europe and does attend meeting unofficially. In time to come , I am sure she will also work for the UN.

WHO Regional Office for Europe
The World Health Organization is the UN agency with a specific mandate for health. It has more than 50 years of experience in working to improve health and living standards in the world. The 192 WHO Member States are grouped into six regions. The WHO Regional Office for Europe works with 52 countries in western and eastern Europe and central Asia and is based in Copenhagen. Its essential mission is to strengthen national and local health systems and improve the health of the people in the Region, in collaboration with governments, NGOs and other partners.

www.euro.who.int

Jasl said:
The Danish fashion industry, I believe, is the fourth largest industry in Denmark.

The CIA online factbook on Denmark has a good overview of the government and the economy.

The largest industries in order of income to the state are:

iron, steel, nonferrous metals, chemicals, food processing, machinery and transportation equipment, textiles and clothing, electronics, construction, furniture and other wood products, shipbuilding and refurbishment, windmills

Electronics is about ready to bypass textiles. I agree that the fashion industry is superficial. I would be far more impressed if she got interested in electronics - its got a lot more growth potential and is healthier for the economy than clothing and fashion which needs to be protected by the government to survive. The US is paying out enormous sums to the textile industry to keep it alive and the industry is still struggling.

Plus I think it would be fun to see a gadget-crazy princess checking out the latest iPod. :D

From the opening of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair
Face to face

Attachments

• 00859171.jpg
    00859171.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 00859175.jpg
    00859175.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 00859174.jpg
    00859174.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 00859173.jpg
    00859173.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 332
  • 00859172.jpg
    00859172.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 00859169.jpg
    00859169.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 283
  • rfwerwerew.jpg
    rfwerwerew.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 279
  • wrewrwer.jpg
    wrewrwer.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 326
Images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00155189.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00155189.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3,339
  • 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 231
  • 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
more from polfoto

more from DPA

Danish crown princess Mary at C.I.F.F Copenhagen International Fashion Fair and kidd show and kids cloths stands in Bella Center Copenhagen on February 9 , 2006.

Attachments

• ch154093_guest.jpg
    ch154093_guest.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 250
  • ch154092_guest.jpg
    ch154092_guest.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 242
  • ch154091_guest.jpg
    ch154091_guest.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 193
  • ch154081_guest.jpg
    ch154081_guest.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 203
  • ch154100_guest.jpg
    ch154100_guest.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 243
  • ch154098_guest.jpg
    ch154098_guest.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,562
  • ch154094_guest.jpg
    ch154094_guest.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 221
  • ch154082_guest.jpg
    ch154082_guest.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 215
  • ch154099_guest.jpg
    ch154099_guest.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 213
The Copenhagen International Fashion Fair is being opened on 9 February by HRH Crown Princess Mary who is attending both the CIFF TrendShow and the CIFFKIDS Trendshow Crown Princess of Denmark at Europe’s first trend show for children’s fashion

from bella center's website

Attachments

• 0018644.jpg
    0018644.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 0018645.jpg
    0018645.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 366
  • 0018646.jpg
    0018646.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 326
  • 0018647.jpg
    0018647.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 0018648.jpg
    0018648.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 388
  • 0018649.jpg
    0018649.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 524
  • 0018650.jpg
    0018650.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 0018652.jpg
    0018652.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 372
i'm not a big fan of what she is wearing, but it's nice seeing her again and back to the royal duties.

more from bella center's website

last ones from bella center's website

I love her outfit! lovely swing to the skirt, belt ties in the lovely boots, nice skirt pattern (I don't see a lot of peacocks on skirts), great jacket fit. Great makeup and hair.

I am definitely ready to see Mary back in the royal round.

Thank you Platinium for the great pictures!

The green jacket, she already wore to a fashion event. It is beautiful but look better under day light (see attachment, from the Royal Archive).
I love the skirt but I am not to much fan of the association with the boots. I think it breaks the elegance of the outfit.
However, it goes without saying that she looks gorgeous and regal, like always.
I am always stunned by the beauty of her hair and her eyes. Her two most outstanding features, IMO.

Picture: Mary at a fashion fair last year.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227203&stc=1&d=1139530748

Its nice to see her back. There has been too much action in the what bothers you thread and hopefully there will be more emphasis placed on her work. What her schedule for winter. Does she have a lot to do.

shes looks wonderful, ty for the photos. i love the boots and the jacket, but the skirt looks good on her, not sure on me lol

Idriel said:
Thank you Platinium for the great pictures!

The green jacket, she already wore to a fashion event. It is beautiful but look better under day light (see attachment, from the Royal Archive).
Isn't it the same jacket she also used for a pre-wedding event at the Copenhagen Town Hall - where she wore that big, olive green hat? I loved that hat - it was awesome!

Great pictures - thanks.

I love the way Mary sits down and talks to the little flowergirl who looks so proud to be talkning to the crownprincess. Very sweet little girl.

many many more of Mary

09-02-2006 - Princess Mary Donaldson at the fashion show for children in Copenhagen.
(C) PPE/Nieboer

2nd part from PPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom