Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (2005-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I (suprisingly;) ) disagree. Just because she likes Prada and Boss does not mean that she cannot also support danish fashion and do her little bit to help them.

Since she became pregnant she has been wearing alot of danish design, which is not a suprise since she now probably has to have much of her wardrobe specially made as it is not that many labels that have a ready to wear collection for pregnant women with stylish clothes for the purposes that she needs. I also think it is unrealistic that just because she is patron of Danish fashion she should only wear danish clothes, she also travels alot and who does not shop when they are abroad. All the Princesses (Letizia VERY seldom) wear italian and french clothes sometimes for public duties(some more than others) and so should Mary be allowed to if she feels like it.

I on the other side thought that posing in magazines to promote danish fashion wearing Prada, Chanel and YSL was a mistake and not her smartest move.

Last edited:
I think many of her moves are not hers and many of the things she has done are thought or should be thought by her advisers. She has very few experience as a princess for deciding things like this.

Ariel i agree with this too, i think the majority of the things she does/wears are advised to her by her advisers. In fact i think nearly everything she does is advised to her since she has only been a princess for a little while.

Anyone who says Mary has not done any worthwhile causes has not looked at her calendar or list of patronages. She is very involved with the heart foundation and Danish mental health programs. She has also attended events promoting Danish culture/literature as well as organizations supporting women. The only reason you see more fashion is b/c the press covers it more. Plus she makes many visits in private to her patronages. She doesn't do "photo shoots" all the time either. She did one for a Danish fashion magazine and one for Australian Vogue. Any other pics or covers are photos taken at those two shoots. Nothing wrong with that. I would recommend in the future looking at her partronages first instead of just saying she is frivolous by what the press covers. They cover what sells, glamour/fashion sells. She also does wear a ton of Danish designers. But she chooses what looks best. She is not required nor should she be to wear only Danish.

Fashionista100 said:
Anyone who says Mary has not done any worthwhile causes has not looked at her calendar or list of patronages. She is very involved with the heart foundation and Danish mental health programs. She has also attended events promoting Danish culture/literature as well as organizations supporting women. The only reason you see more fashion is b/c the press covers it more. Plus she makes many visits in private to her patronages. She doesn't do "photo shoots" all the time either. She did one for a Danish fashion magazine and one for Australian Vogue. Any other pics or covers are photos taken at those two shoots. Nothing wrong with that. I would recommend in the future looking at her partronages first instead of just saying she is frivolous by what the press covers. They cover what sells, glamour/fashion sells. She also does wear a ton of Danish designers. But she chooses what looks best. She is not required nor should she be to wear only Danish.

Thank you for this post!! this is exactly what i was trying to say in another thread.

i think she uses what she wanted to use. Letizia uses spanish clothes (more Felipe varela) because she wants. She's a model princess to follow.

Eh...i don't know why people complain about Mary's clothes...like SO what...are you trying to imply that she's superficial and just cares about her look? if so...as the saying says 'it takes one to know one' why are you so concerned about how she's looks and judging her from her looks, ins't that being just as superficial? And even is she's a princess she's also a woman who probably loves her clothes - just like most females.

from seegerpress.com Mary at a fashion show. More to come!

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00145167.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145167.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 244
  • pre-SEEGER00145166.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145166.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 237
  • pre-SEEGER00145175.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145175.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 354
  • pre-SEEGER00145174.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145174.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 229
  • pre-SEEGER00145173.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145173.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 243
  • pre-SEEGER00145172.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145172.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 227
  • pre-SEEGER00145171.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145171.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 265
  • pre-SEEGER00145170.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145170.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 320
  • pre-SEEGER00145169.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145169.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 270
  • pre-SEEGER00145168.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145168.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 330
from seegerpress.com I love what Mary is wearing here!

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00145161.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145161.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 261
  • pre-SEEGER00145162.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145162.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 3,494
  • pre-SEEGER00145163.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145163.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 360
  • pre-SEEGER00145164.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145164.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 352
  • pre-SEEGER00145165.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145165.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 277
... some pictures from Colourpress (no watermarks) ...

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 558
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 270
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 239
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 472
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 271
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 243
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 246
She really looked good in that particular shade of baby-blue (a hint? ;)) in my opinion. I do hope it's a colour we'll see her in at a later date as well.

The pics posted above by Marezdote and Squidgy were taken at the CPH Vision Fashion Fair.

More pics from Ukpress

www.ukpress.com

Attachments

• Mary_Fashion_Show_1-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_1-UKP.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_2-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_2-UKP.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_3-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_3-UKP.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_5-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_5-UKP.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_12-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_12-UKP.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_14-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_14-UKP.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 404
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_13-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_13-UKP.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_11-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_11-UKP.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_10-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_10-UKP.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3,244
  • Mary_Fashion_Show_8-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Fashion_Show_8-UKP.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 240
Pretty high heels for a pregnant lady, don't you think?

(Just jealous b/c I'm in sneakers most of the time!)

iowabelle said:
Pretty high heels for a pregnant lady, don't you think?

(Just jealous b/c I'm in sneakers most of the time!)

Actually they aren't really too high especiallty compared to some she has worn. I really like the shoes!

The baby blue dress outfit is beautiful but heels when 7 months preggers! She's a brave one!

Lots of times when a woman gets to be 7 months pregnant they are somewhat off balanced because of the weight you are carrying in front of you. So some women choose flats or shoes with just one or two inch heels so to keep from losing their balance. I have 4 children( one set of twins) and chose to wear flats so as not to stumble and accidently fall. Or I might just be clumbsy... ;)

Or your feet and ankles swell really badly. She must be very lucky and have good feet!

I think that if Mary feel comfortable in heels, she should wear them. Pregnancies are different for everyone. Some women may prefer flats while others may be perfectly mobile in heels, or shorter heels than they would wear otherwise.

If Mary can still manage to get around her engagements at seven months pregnant in 3-4 inch heels, then good for her! She knows her body best and what she can manage and what she cannot and I'm sure that she wouldn't do anything that would make her fall or in any way harm the baby.

Alexandria said:
I think that if Mary feel comfortable in heels, she should wear them. Pregnancies are different for everyone. Some women may prefer flats while others may be perfectly mobile in heels, or shorter heels than they would wear otherwise.

If Mary can still manage to get around her engagements at seven months pregnant in 3-4 inch heels, then good for her! She knows her body best and what she can manage and what she cannot and I'm sure that she wouldn't do anything that would make her fall or in any way harm the baby.
Well said! While I can barely get around in heels normally, and cringe at the thought of trying while pregnant, everyone is different. A friend of mine walks around in very high heels and I asked her one day why she does (this is at uni, mind you). She said it helps with her posture and her balance so she can walk easier. I guess for her it works, so Mary might be the same.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful photos. I have to agree and say that blue suits Mary very well. I love these kinds of bracelets and they're in pink too! :) http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=179053 (If anyone has any more info on them, I would really like to know)

May 12, 2005: Princess Mary leaving through the back door from the Marlene Birger Collection show.

www.newscom.com

BTW, the top she is wearing is designed by Marlene Birger.

Attachments

• test1000478.jpg
    test1000478.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 227
  • test1000479.jpg
    test1000479.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 285
  • test1000483.jpg
    test1000483.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 356
  • test1000484.jpg
    test1000484.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 223
  • test1000485.jpg
    test1000485.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 218
  • test1000486.jpg
    test1000486.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 275
  • test1000487.jpg
    test1000487.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
A nice find, pdas1201. She looks good there too in black. You can hardly tell she´s pregnant. She certainly glows if I´m allowed to use a tired line. :)

I hope it is a boy.

Wow. Seven months! Time goes fast.

Danielle said:
Well said! While I can barely get around in heels normally, and cringe at the thought of trying while pregnant, everyone is different. A friend of mine walks around in very high heels and I asked her one day why she does (this is at uni, mind you). She said it helps with her posture and her balance so she can walk easier. I guess for her it works, so Mary might be the same.

my grandmother is the same way. she is 93 years old, when you think the risk of falling and breaking a hip is high, but she prefers to wear heels as she says it feels better for her back.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for the pics grand duchess and pdas! she looks lovely :)

i can't wait for the birth of her baby!

Here's a picture from Polfoto of the Crown Princely Couple attending the Copenhagen International Fashion Fair's 25th jubilee show at the Tivoli in Copenhagen yesterday, 13 August 2005.

Attachments

• jubileumsshow CIFF 13 aug 2005_1.jpg
    jubileumsshow CIFF 13 aug 2005_1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,491
pdas1201 said:
May 12, 2005: Princess Mary leaving through the back door from the Marlene Birger Collection show.
Don't know when were these photos taken, but she seems pregnant to me and Face to Face says they're from August 12th (last Friday)...:confused:
Anyway, here they are, via ImageShack. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom