CP Mary as Patron of the Royal Danish Academy of Music Children's Choir: 2007 - 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:thanks Iceflower:flowers:
the first pic in the gallery of Frederik with Vincent on his lap is too cute

I don´t think that Christian and Vincent has nicknames. Perhaps Josephine has and it might be "Fine" or "Jose" - the two most common nicknames for Josephine in Denmark :)

I just hope they don't resign to a "Vince", that is honestly one of the least charming nicknames I know :lol:
They could be Chrisser and Vinse (vin-se) :p

all the family is perfect:p I think Josephine is the cutest, but it's just my opinion. although Bella is my favourite. she is so cheeky..... Vincent looks like a girl with his haircut :p

Translation of article in Billed Bladet #51, 2012.
Børnene havde en fest – The children had a party/blast.
Written by Dorthe Quist – Who made it a pure vacation to translate this article.

Crown Princess Mary surprised and brought all four children with her to the Royal Danish Music Conservatory’s Children’s Choir to Christmas concert in Esajas Church. A decision that delighted the many other guests in the church, who got plenty of opportunity to experience the Princes and Princesses on, well, you can almost call it in full swing. It was certainly four happy active children who during the concert both sang loudly along to the Christmas children’s songs they knew and Josephine followed in the footsteps of her older sister and danced a little to the music.
For a couple of years the Crown Princess, who is patron for the children’s choir, have had both Christian and Isabella to the evocative concert, but this year, she and Frederik assessed that the twins too, Vincent and Isabella who turn two come January, were old enough to attend.
The church and the Children’s Choir had made sure there were four little packages ready for the children on the bench, just as there was water and little plastic cups ready by the pillar for Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine. An Assistant from the church also sat outermost on the royal bench and could step in with a helping hand when Mary’s two weren’t enough.
Both Vincent and Josephine sat still on the arms of Frederik and Mary, when they arrived to the church. Isabella was sweet and helped her mother by holding her welcoming-bouquet, while Mary took of the coats of the children, whereupon all four children proceeded to open the Christmas presents that were waiting for them on the bench. For the next few minutes all the children were eagerly preoccupied in studying their own presents and seeing what their siblings had had. And it was really a bull’s eye with the present, which caused a big delight with all the children. Christian got a Kendama – a modern version of a yoyo, which is the most popular toy right now, Isabella eagerly turned her “turning-doll” (*) up and down. The little twins each got a cloth-lucia-wreat, which Josephine in particular was very fond of. She put it on the head straight away and there it remained for a long time, even though sister Isabella would really like to try it.
Josephine quickly revealed that she is made of the same genes as her older sister and (she) had problems sitting still for longer periods. Just as Isabella did, when she was younger, Josephine was also fond of wandering around on her own to look at all things around her. Several times she stood right in front of the children’s choir and starred straight at the singing children with big eyes and open mouth. But all the time within reach and sight of mother, Crown Princess Mary.
Isabella would very much like to show that she had become a genuine big sister, who should help her little siblings to sit nicely, be quiet and come over to mother. But little determined Josephine wasn’t keen to put up with that and Mary many times had to stop her big girl from playing “mother” for her siblings.
Just as much as Isabella and Josephine are “mother’s girls”, so too are Vincent and Christian “daddy’s girls”. Vincent sat quietly and looked at the children’s choir, who stood a few meters away while he hugged his bulldozer (**) that he had brought with him from home.
Towards the end of the hour long concert the strength and the mood was running out, especially for the little twins and when Josephine at some point began to cry heartbreakingly, it became too much for the otherwise calm Vincent who also let out a howl. That made Mary gesticulate to Frederik that he should take Vincent with him to a corner of the church – a little away from the other children and the choir. Frederik ended up by standing way out in a room next to the altar, but a few minutes later he came back in with a happy little Vincent who had come up to sit on his dad’s shoulders.
Before all the children completely lost their patience Crown Princess Mary brought out a little bag with goodies from her shoulder bag and at once the children dropped their toys and milled around their mother, where the each got a little treat. It was obvious that they all knew mother’s little bag with sweets, which has probably been out many times before when it has been necessary to put a damper on the children.
When the conductor of the Children’s Choir, Bente Colding-Jørgensen, after the Christmas concert thanked the audience and the royal guests for coming both Mary and Frederik’s patience with the tired children was almost out and they were very quick to put the coats on the children. Isabella again helped her mother carrying the neat lilac bouquet of flowers whereupon she together with Christian ran after Vincent who made his escape down the aisle and quickly out the church, until his older siblings caught him up. (***)
The big warm Volkswagen Multvan was parked in front of the stairs to the church and waited and Frederik and Mary quickly ad routinely strapped in the children in their seats and then it was tie for a last wave from the patron Mary to the entire children’s choir, which had lined up on the stairs to wave goodbye.

These are personal observations from the photographer and reporter:
Vincent sat still on his father’s lap for more than half the concert in contrast to his sister (Josephine).
At some point he lay on his belly and played with his bulldozer beneath his dad’s seat.
Twice he “got away” from Frederik and made it all the way to the conductor’s music stand, before being reined in by daddy.

It was observed that Christian got a little crossed when Mary told him to pick up some paper he had dropped on the floor.
But he lit up when the choir sang “In the attic sits the nisse with his Christmas-porridge”. (See my note in the DRF Christmas thread). And sang along loudly.
He turned around many times to chat and laugh with the Heering’s youngest daughter, Rosemarie.

It was also noticed that Isabella had problems not being a “mother” for her youngest siblings and all the time wanting to help them, fetch them and so on.
She sang along aloud when the choir sang: “A child is born in Bethlehem”. (****)
That she is a loving big sister, who many times kissed her little siblings on the cheek.

Josephine has inherited her older sister’s “black powder in the bottom” (*****). That she just like Isabella likes to pull up her dress when’s she’s walking around.
That she immediately put on the cloth Lucia wreath on her head, that she got as a present from the church and didn’t want to take it off again.
She stood several times, as if paralyzed, in front of the children’s choir and starred at the singing girls and boys.

A couple of captions:
Show how Josephine was busy munching away on raisins, while Isabella was busy studying her two brothers presents.
And that Mary had to rein in Josephine who was on her way over to the choir with mother’s bouquet in her hands.

(*) Don’t know what it’s called in English.

(**) Actually a JCB if we are to be pedantic.

(***) Actually he was blocked by a PET officer, before he risked tumbling down the stairs.

(****) Amazing! It wasn't possible for me to find a decent sounding version of the psalm on YouTube...

(*****) Idiom, used to describe a very lively child who cannot sit still.

Last edited:
I see a lot of Mary in Christian but I think he'll develop into a similar figure not unlike his father.

Isabella resembles her father around the eyes and forehead, whereas her cheeks and mouth are very similar in shape to her mothers.

Josephine will I think look more like her mother as an adult than any of the other children, and Vincent takes after his Farmor. Even his strawberry blonde locks remind me of a young Margrethe.

Last edited:
:previous:Thanks Muhler:flowers:
Sounds like a typical family with four young children. ;)

Translation of article in Billed Bladet #51, 2012.
Just as much as Isabella and Josephine are “mother’s girls”, so too are Vincent and Christian “daddy’s girls”.
Don´t you mean "daddy´s boys"? :whistling: Although I can see why you would say girl about Prince Vincent :whistling:
(****) Amazing! It wasn't possible for me to find a decent sounding version of the psalm on YouTube...
That´s because it isn´t a decent psalm :whistling: I´m NOT looking forward to sing it... It would really become me if this psalm coul be sunged only in private homes and not in the church on Christmas Eve. Den hænger mig ud af halsen... :whistling::bang::whistling:

Don´t you mean "daddy´s boys"? :whistling: Although I can see why you would say girl about Prince Vincent :whistling:

That´s because it isn´t a decent psalm :whistling: I´m NOT looking forward to sing it... It would really become me if this psalm coul be sunged only in private homes and not in the church on Christmas Eve. Den hænger mig ud af halsen... :whistling::bang::whistling:

You are of course right, FasterB :)

What would I do without you to do the proofreading?

You see I sort of go "blind", when I've written a long text, so I need to step away in order to spot my typos. And that's where you come in. :flowers:

:lol: Well, I guess this otherwise pretty psalm loses some of its charm when you have sung it two or three zillion times.

You are welcome Polyesco & Madame Royale. :)

You see I sort of go "blind", when I've written a long text, so I need to step away in order to spot my typos. And that's where you come in. :flowers:

:lol: Well, I guess this otherwise pretty psalm loses some of its charm when you have sung it two or three zillion times.

You are welcome Polyesco & Madame Royale. :)
:cheers:
a treat to read; I can only imagine what fun to translate! mange tak-
and God Jul Muhler! (my Danish is coming along, I believe!:flowers:)

Translation

(*****) Idiom, used to describe a very lively child who cannot sit still.
Thank you for the wonderful translation, I love the "black powder in the bottom" idiom. Maybe "ants in your pants" would be a comparable idiom.
Just reading the doings of the children exhausted me, I am amazed at how patient and good natured M&F seem in the pictures! They are lovely children.

You are welcome :)

Yes, Isabella has had to put up with Christian being the older sensible brother keeping her in check. Now she has to living dolls to look after. Being an older sister sure is exhausting work...:coffee: (We don't seem to have an exhausted smiley).

Ants in you pants? I'll remember that one. :)

Yes, Gerry, your Danish is improving. God Jul to you as well.

I know that feeling, so no problem :flowers:

Exactly :wacko::wacko::wacko: I´m just so happy that I don´t have the usual school/kindergarden/whateverchildren services this year - it´s a hit at those services :bang::bang::bang:
This year I´ll only have to sing it on Christmas Eve and no more - I hope :D:D:D

if im not wrong i think this program with mary on sunday is that one where she usually brings her husband and all children with her? :)

HRH Crown Princess attends the Royal. Danish Academy of Music Children Cross Christmas time. 16.00.

And we have the first picture of M&F and their children at the Christmas concert at Esajas Church today: Mary og Frederik med børnene til julekoncert | Billed Bladet

M&J and their two youngest were covered by TV2 news at 19.00, with more to come in the local news later.

Looks like we are in for a delightful overdose of cute DRF children in the next couple of days.

More from BT http://www.bt.dk/royale/sang-og-gaver-til-marys-boern

And a big picture: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/file...ry-kronprins-frederik-med-brnene-overvrer.jpg

The service lasted an hour. The children each got a present and the whole show ended with a Lucia procession.

Last edited:
Josephine and Vincent have just shot up! Cannot believe the ages of those kids.

I love Josephine's red coat matching her shoes and Isabella's checked coat looks lovely.

Thanks for the pictures.

In 2011 they were in Australia and in 2010 pregnant Mary's last official engagement was end of November.

it is only one and a half months since we last saw all the kids together in the video interview on dr 1, but still have they grown! especially christian and isabella grown so fast now

thank you for all the photos so far
vincent is really adorable and josephine is such a pretty little girl in her red patent leather shoes and hairband like her sister ;-)

Thanks for the pictures.

In 2011 they were in Australia and in 2010 pregnant Mary's last official engagement was end of November.

Thanks, Ricarda :)

I knew someone would have the answer.

Is Josephine's coat troubling Frederik since Caroline Heering has to come to his rescue? :lol:

The twins look so much like each other now. I think the alikeness is particularly evident in this picture. I love how Isabella and Josephine are wearing matching hairbands. And Christian's shirt is matching Isabella's jacket. They're such a stylish bunch, the boys look dapper and the girls look chic. Frederik and Mary dress them so well.

I also really like Frederik's scarf :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom