Mary as Patron for the World Health Organization, Regional Office for Europe: 2006-22

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Caswallan the shoes are great. They should definitely be added to her shoe thread.

sidenote: Is that her slip or something else that is showing right at her knee on the full length pic?:ohmy: I didn't notice it at first but after a second look I did!

Aurora810 said:
I agree with Caswallan the shoes are great. They should definitely be added to her shoe thread.

sidenote: Is that her slip or something else that is showing right at her knee on the full length pic?:ohmy: I didn't notice it at first but after a second look I did!

It's either a dress or a skirt underneath the coat. The buttons on her coat only go up to the waist. You can see more of the the white material in photos at Danish Royal Watchers:
Danish Royal Watchers

Best,

Ayvee

Yes, I see now she definitely does have a skirt or dress underneath. I couldn't imagine that she wouldn't. But I just couldn't tell before. In the pics on the Danish Royal Watchers it's obvious that there is something underneath.

I love to see her so active and pregnant! Her agenda is really full!!! Good for the Danish people who have such an active Princess who does so mucht for them!

I'm loving the hair!! If only I had her face shape, I'd cut my hair like her too! Unfortunately, I have a round face and it would make me look like a beach ball =D.

A pretty spring posy for blossoming Princess Mary

21 FEBRUARY 2007

Crown Princess Mary may be in the latter stages of her pregnancy, but that doesn't appear to be slowing the elegant royal down. Despite being due to give birth to her second child with husband Crown Prince Frederik in May, the big-hearted princess continues with her busy schedule of charity work and royal commitments.

A pretty spring posy for blossoming Princess Mary

European Charter Offers 'turning Point' In Struggle Against Obesity

Yesterday (20th Feb), the European Charter on Counteracting Obesity, the first of its kind in this area, was launched in Copenhagen, in the presence of Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Patroness of the WHO Regional Office for Europe. The Charter was officially adopted by Member States of the WHO European Region in November 2006 at the European Ministerial Conference on Counteracting Obesity in Istanbul
European Charter Offers 'turning Point' In Struggle Against Obesity

Last edited:
:flowers: There are lovely pics of CP Mary and the Ukranian first lady, from an event with the WHO(me thinks)
Mary looks lovely all in white...Very "spring is here".:flowers:

Polfoto pictures

Danish Crown Princess Mary visit Danish WHO office in Copenhagen Friday March 16, 2007.

Picture 1

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest... I don't like the white together with her new hair..

lilytornado said:
To be honest... I don't like the white together with her new hair..

its a nice outfit, but it looks plain/boring in some way.Not favoring the hair as i used to anymore & i dont think.

the white is ok but the skirt an the blouse together looks like a dress from my grandma.

sandra1 said:
the white is ok but the skirt an the blouse together looks like a dress from my grandma.
Thank you! This is exactely what I was thinking. Very "old" looking and a tad bit on the "frumpy" side. Something Grandma would wear to church on Sunday morning.
I wonder why she is dressing very matronly? During her 1st pregnancy, she dressed very nice and trendy. Sometimes a bit too trendy. Sometimes very elegant.
But lately, more often than not, she is dressing the opposite. Very, very matronly and borderline B.O.R.I.N.G.

sandra1 said:
Yes, and the high neckline is not favoring to her. This maybe a stupid question, but what is the WHO. Im guessing something like World Heath Organization?:unsure:

Oh my! I have to say that Mary didn't exaclty hit it right this time she looks so much older than she has to.

robby86 said:
Yes, and the high neckline is not favoring to her. This maybe a stupid question, but what is the WHO. Im guessing something like World Heath Organization?:unsure:

You got it Robby86, it is the World Health Organization. Here's more information http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/WHO On March 25, there will be a concert in Copenhagen, at the Royal Library, to help stop TB:

The artists are donating their performances to raise money to repair and reopen the children's TB hospital in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/Concert in Copenhagen Perhaps Mary will make an unofficial visit, which would be very nice if she did.

Outfit and Hair

I must admit I don't like the top so much... nice detail with the pleating in it, but a bit boring. I like her skirt though. Almost looks like a wrap-around style... very nice.

Her hair? Sorry, I don't like it as much as I used to. I was really starting to like her smooth bob, but now I feel that she's cut too much off... too many short layers. While she still does look good, I hope she grows it out more!

I think the outfit works from a distance, but I don't like it close up. The neckline of the blouse is too high, and as much as I would like her haircut on a "normal" person, I miss Mary's beautiful long hair. I do like her haircut when she curls it a little or just fixes it differently.

But I'm still a huge Mary fan, no matter what her clothes or hair. There's so much more to her than this!

Sorry, but the two "whites" don't mix. Why is she dressing like this?

By the way, seeing how self-conscious (I think so anyway) about showing her baby "bump," why pick white? White makes everything look larger!!!

A definite fashion miss...again.

Ick, not loving this outfit either. The blouse reminds me of the top part of a choir robe.:ermm: Although this outfit looked very spring appropriate and Mary didn't seem to be dressed too warm, has spring hit in Denmark?:flowers:

I think the outfit is alright...and it is definitely part of the *2nd pregnancy* syndrome (that I am just making up ;) ) I think I have said before, with your first you are prouder and less tired and you feel good and want to show it off...but with the second, it is like, I am tired, my body has changed, nothing looks right on me or fits right and I don't have to prove anything to anyone anymore because I am obviously fertile and can have children, see Christian...

It is just my backyard theory as a mother of three...the need to be and feel comfortable overrides any desire to be stylish or fashionable...But if I looked as "unfashionable" as Mary apparently does now, I would be doing alright ;)

Just hope the baby pops out soon so things can get back to normal, hey!!!

I just wanted to add...when I first saw the close up shot of Mary, I thought she was wearing some novelty earrings...they looked like golden guitars to me ;)

I like the shirt, I think that if she would have paired it with a nice pair of pants & a cute jacket I would have looked better. I'm not too impressed with it with the skirt. If the outfit was supposed to be white on white the skirt wasn't white enough and if it was supposed to be beige or khaki, it wasn't brown enough. Separately the pieces are cute but together, not so good.

Too much white, it would have been better if Mary had worn different colours.

Yep. A little too much white I'm affraid.

Appropriate cut though :) It's different and not what one would normally expect Mary to wear.

Last edited:
Perhaps one of the reasons why I am not fond of this ensemble is the cut of the white pintuck Chloe blouse.

The high neck and overall box cut isn't flattering on Mary. If anything that I could point out what makes this top so wrong: the blouse makes her look big and square. I find these types of cuts only work well on very slim ladies who are not top heavy.

I like it .. She looks fresh, great accesories, great shoes, good colors, great smile. ;)

Last edited:
I don't like her last outfit. I think it makes her look oldfashioned. :neutral:
I don't like the way she dresses in this pregnancy... compared to her last pregnancy wardrobe.

But it's great to see her working so much. She and Joachim seem to be the most hard working members of the Royal Family this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom