Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to Washington DC: June 3-7, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Denmark's Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik stand near guests as they wait for remarks by the Danish Ambassador to the US as they attend a Constitution Day reception at the Danish Embassy, Washington DC, USA, 05 June 2010. The royal couple celebrated with the Danes and descendants of Danish immigrants who live in the Washington area.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/605/12818082.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8705/12818038.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6817/12818037.jpg

Black in this weather? She looks beautiful.
Yes the 16 staff will include security, they are the CP Couple.

i guess include thier security too!, I imagine, she has with her not only who does her hair and her make up but somebody who unpack her bags an iron her cloths, we all know how the cloths gets into a suitcase! and of course a security person for her jewellery too!

16 staff people to travel with?!?! Does that include their security detail? Goodness.

The number of people who travel with them varies.

In this case we can be pretty sure to include:

The acting court-chief: Caroline Heering.

I haven't seen if Tanja Doky is there too as Mary's LiW. - Relieving Caroline Heering.

The press chief, or someone representing her: Lene Balleby.

Frederik's valet.

Mary's chambermaid.

Mary's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard, is also there I understand.

We can add at least four PET officers as USA will provide additional security.

Probably a secretary and one or two other staff members and/or government officials more, who will act as advisors and liason.

I doubt an adjutant will go with them. It would have been the military liason officer at the embassy, who would have handled Arlington and Walter Reed.

I was just going to ask if anyone had seen either Tanja or Caroline in the pictures?

:previous: Can confirm Caroline's attendance. Haven't seen Tanja. I'd imagine Caroline is also acting as Mary's Hofdame during the visit.

(Confirmation Caroline is acting as Hofdame with the ribband attatched to her left shoulder strap at the Danish Embassy's 50th year Commemoration).

The number of people who travel with them varies.

In this case we can be pretty sure to include:

The acting court-chief: Caroline Heering.

I haven't seen if Tanja Doky is there too as Mary's LiW. - Relieving Caroline Heering.

The press chief, or someone representing her: Lene Balleby.

Frederik's valet.

Mary's chambermaid.

Mary's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard, is also there I understand.

We can add at least four PET officers as USA will provide additional security.

Probably a secretary and one or two other staff members and/or government officials more, who will act as advisors and liason.

I doubt an adjutant will go with them. It would have been the military liason officer at the embassy, who would have handled Arlington and Walter Reed.

i wonder what the difference in the duties and the roles they perform of these people are. some are clear, like hairdresser, but what's different of the role caroline performs with the secretary? how does it differentiate with the communications assistant as well?

and of course a security person for her jewellery too!

they certainly travel with quite an army of people, but i don't think mary has a security person just to take care of her jewels ;) if anything it will be her chambermaid who takes care of them.

i wonder what the difference in the duties and the roles they perform of these people are. some are clear, like hairdresser, but what's different of the role caroline performs with the secretary? how does it differentiate with the communications assistant as well?

they certainly travel with quite an army of people, but i don't think mary has a security person just to take care of her jewels ;) if anything it will be her chambermaid who takes care of them.

The title court chief is like head of royal staff.
They manage the staff overall that works for Mary and Frederik. The last court chief retired in April 2010, and Caroline is standing in.
Communications assistant looks after I presume communications between places the CP couple are visiting and the royal entourage.
I think they security that looks after them, will look after the jewels.

Oh no Mary has given in to the pillbox hat business.

My heart flutters...

I'm not sure who the designer of this dress is, but the entire ensemble exudes the style of Gabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel.

Magnifique!

Poor Mary...lol. Hats, shoes...what next?..haha.

She always smiles though, bless her silk stockings! :D

Poor Mary...lol. Hats, shoes...what next?..haha.

She always smiles though, bless her silk stockings! :D

Hopefully no greater wardrobe malfunction:whistling: I don't think she has stockings on as the bandaid is lying next to the ill-behaved shoe.

I am a little cross at Fred-and-his-Men-In-Black-pose-with-his-arms-folded look.:bang: Not very gallant, dear Prince!:cool::cool:

Hopefully no greater wardrobe malfunction:whistling: I don't think she has stockings on as the bandaid is lying next to the ill-behaved shoe.

I am a little cross at Fred-and-his-Men-In-Black-pose-with-his-arms-folded look.:bang: Not very gallant, dear Prince!:cool::cool:

No, I don't think she was wearing stockings either. It was more or less a new take on the 'bless your cotton socks'.

Silk stockings seemed a tad more appropriate...;)

Fred does seem a little casual in demeanour for an official visit to a national cemetery, he sometimes seems 'not really there'. I don't know, just an observation.
Mary looks very stylish, lots of patterned outfits this trip.

I'm not so sure the way she leaned down was "lady like", of course I'm just seeing pictures and I can't see how the whole moment was.

You're not really judging her on the way she retrieved her shoe are you?...haha.

I like her hat even if it is pill box like. Mary handled her shoe incident with grace and humor and I like that. I'm very glad they visited Arlington National I've been told it's beautiful, but very humbling.:flowers:

Isnt this the second incident with Mary in public? I remember the hat incident which was really funny as well.
Was her shoe too big or what? I dont get it...
Fred's expression "couldnt care less" :D

Thanks for the pictures

The heel of her shoe got caught in the wedge of the pavement. The shoe remained, and her foot kept walking ;)

I agree with you. :lol: Help you wife, Frederik.
Take your hands out of your pockets, Frederik, don't shuffle your feet, Frederik, and so on.

I actually think it's down to him being shy and uncomfortable in the public glare.
He somehow detach himself from what is going on, if you get my meaning.
And royal ladies have the advantage of usually having a bouquet of flowers in their hands but what do the men do with their hands?
Well, in Frederik's case he is often reverting to his old habit of burying at least one hand in a pocket.

You can incidentally strike adjutant from the list of staff members going to USA with M&F. The two adjutants at Arlington did not belong to QMII's staff of adjutants, who usually accompany members of the DRF on the job.
You can tell that by looking at the adjutants cord. The DRF adjutants have their cord around their right shoulder, ordinary adjutants have their cord around their left shoulder.

As for Mary's jewels. Wouldn't they just be placed in a safe? At the hotel or embassy or whereever they live?

Mary has now had two hat incidents, one at the Parliament and one in Vietnam. And now a shoe incident. - It's almost beginning to look like a tradition, just like QMII tripping all over the place.
I have a theory that it's part of the entertainment... :p
It also makes it easier for us to distinguish the various events, right? ;)

I don't understand why people are making such a deal of this shoe "incident" as I don't see any such thing as an incident here. It can happen to anybody. And I think that Mary handled it very sympathatically.

I agree, Mary handled it really well and with such grace.

i guess mary chose a very "jackie" outfit to match her when visiting her burial place (jackie is the tomb of the left of the picture if i well-remember) :)
i liked it, although matching hat, shoes, bag... is to me a bit too much and "stereotyped" - chanel bag, pillbox hat... but it looks pretty. her makeup was flawless also.
i don't think the attitude of frederik was shocking with the shoe incident: it all happened in two seconds, and it was solved.. so no point in running around exagerating the situation. it's just a shoe.
i'm glad they visited airlington - it's such an interesting, emotional place.

Ya know, if your going to have a shoe tripping incident, you might as well be in your super spiked and gorgeous Christian Louboutin's!!:D:D

although I cant say I have ever looked this elegant when I have tripped, fallen,ran in to things....you get the idea!;)

i don't think the attitude of frederik was shocking with the shoe incident

Agreed.

This all happened within a few moments and Frederik was already a few paces infront of Mary. The gentleman beside her clearly went to offer assistance, so there was no need for Frederik to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom