The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Haha, love it marianita! ......

Old 06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I have to disagree, and not just because I'm an avid Mary 'watcher'. I've not mentioned this before on the open forum, but I too have seen Mary up close (have infact spoken with) and she is very much an eye catcher in the room, or crowd. It certainly comes down to personal taste because other than the colour of her hair, I find Caroline, although pretty, a rather plain jane overall.

Mary's eyes just 'pop' when she's communicating with you. They are beautifully lit and so very piercing. Her facial structure, especially her cheeks, are high set and her mouth is delicately proportioned that when she talks the contour of her mouth and cheeks is something quite striking. She has incredible posture aswell, and her raven like hair against her buttermilk complexion is for me a real stand out.

Again, it really must come down to personal taste...

Right on! it is personal taste, I'm attempting to get in to tune with yours, but to no avail yet, to me Mary is, well, just ordinary.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Courtier

To some CP Mary may be ordinary...but looks aren't everything! Afterall...this ordinary girl from Australia married the Crown Prince of Denmark and will be a future Queen. Obviously CP Frederik saw more than "looks" that led him to have a long-distanced relationship with Mary for over a year and eventually marry her. CP Mary's performance in her role as Crown Princess of Denmark for the past 6 years proves that there is a lot more to her than looks...and that's what counts!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwaxia View Post
Right on! it is personal taste, I'm attempting to get in to tune with yours, but to no avail yet, to me Mary is, well, just ordinary.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You may not think she is a beauty, and that's fine. But others do, and that is also fine
Old 06-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwaxia View Post
It would seem you've been on that 'wagon' for some time..haha. Save yourself the trouble

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Wonder if Mary and Frederick have any meeting with Barack Obama? I guess not, if they have not so far.
I would imagine (and hope!) President Obama has more important things to attend to right now (oil spill and our disastrous economy being among them) than meeting a Crown Princely Couple who are in DC to celebrate the Danish Embassy anniversary and not on any official State invitation from the White House. Now, if QMII were here instead, then we might, MIGHT, see a meeting. Heads of State meet and greet and all that.

So, unless Fred and Mary have a solution to capping the oil leak that is killing and threatening everything in its path in the Gulf of Mexico or fixing our economy, I see no reason why they should meet on this trip.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The thing is though Mary is aging. Of course everyone ages from birth, but hers is becoming more evident. She is becoming really plain and it doesn't help that she constantly donning prints.

Who is this eye-catching Caroline Heering and why would she go to DC with her?
Old 06-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Caroline Heering is Mary's secretary and one of her two ladies-in-waiting. Here is a Billed Bladet picture gallery of Mary's two L-i-W, Caroline is the redhead. Caroline (or Tanja) always go with Mary on official trips, and accompany her to engagements, to provide help if needed.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It would seem you've been on that 'wagon' for some time..haha. Save yourself the trouble
I'm confused. Why are we discussing opinions of physical attributes of Mary and Caroline Heering on this thread? This is about an important visit to the United States capital.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Some of us were exchanging opinions in connection to a post made by another member. Harmless, and to no real derailment of the actual exchange taking place. So if you start at page one, and work your way through, you'll see that the trip is being discussed in it's entirety, hopefully putting an end to your confusion

Quote:
Now, if QMII were here instead, then we might, MIGHT, see a meeting
If Queen Margrethe were in town (by that I of course mean Washington), you WOULD, see a meeting.

As for Frederik and Mary, I doubt they're giving any thought to having not met with the First Lady, and or the President. His certainly got alot of his plate atm. So much so his official trip to Australia (mid to late June) with Michelle and the girls has been postoned for a second time while matters in the Gulf, especially, are sought to be resolved as quickly as possible.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Caroline Heering is Mary's secretary and one of her two ladies-in-waiting. Here is a Billed Bladet picture gallery of Mary's two L-i-W, Caroline is the redhead. Caroline (or Tanja) always go with Mary on official trips, and accompany her to engagements, to provide help if needed.
Hmmm, I didn't know that. Thanks Jessrulz!! Appreciate the info.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend a Youth Diabetes Prevention event sponsored by the Danish health care company Novo Norodisk, in Washington DC, USA, 06 June 2010.

Daylife picture gallery

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2875/12826858.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/272/12826673.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9003/12826670.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9638/12826664.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8673/12826663.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/622/12826658.jpg
All ANP pictures

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary arrive for the premiere of the film 'The Wild Swans', an adaption of Hans Christian Andersen's tale, which features sets and costumes designed by the Crown Prince's mother, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3766/12828704.jpg
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3233/12828698.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5891/12828695.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6797/12828693.jpg
All ANP pictures
Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
The thing is though Mary is aging. Of course everyone ages from birth, but hers is becoming more evident. She is becoming really plain and it doesn't help that she constantly donning prints.

Who is this eye-catching Caroline Heering and why would she go to DC with her?
Most of us look somewhat older when we are photographed with the sun in our face I think.
I do not agree that the years make her really plain; of course we can see a difference since she appeared the first time in the media, everything else would be unnatural. But the years have not made her plain imo
Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

06-06-2010 Washington 4nd day of Princess Mary and Prince Frederik visit for a 5 day visit to Washington.
The royals visited the youth diabetes prevention event, hosted by Novo Nordisk, and the screening of the 'Wild Swans'' at the National gallery of art in Washington.

PPE picture gallery
Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Some of us were exchanging opinions in connection to a post made by another member. Harmless, and to no real derailment of the actual exchange taking place. So if you start at page one, and work your way through, you'll see that the trip is being discussed in it's entirety, hopefully putting an end to your confusion

If Queen Margrethe were in town (by that I of course mean Washington), you WOULD, see a meeting.

As for Frederik and Mary, I doubt they're giving any thought to having not met with the First Lady, and or the President. His certainly got alot of his plate atm. So much so his official trip to Australia (mid to late June) with Michelle and the girls has been postoned for a second time while matters in the Gulf, especially, are sought to be resolved as quickly as possible.
But if Margrethe or Frederick & Mary met Obama, what would they have to talk about? Not much I imagine.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

If that's the case, what would most foreign diplomats or royals who meet the Obama's have to talk about?

Clearly, with all those they meet, common ground is found and topical conversation ensues...

And it's not as if they haven't already met anyway.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
If that's the case, what would most foreign diplomats or royals who meet the Obama's have to talk about?

Clearly, with all those they meet, common ground is found and topical conversation ensues...

And it's not as if they haven't already met anyway.
Yes exactly, Obama has a frantically busy schedule and if he needed to talk to anybody surely it would be the political leader of a country.
If he's met the royals already why would he need to go through the procedure again unless it was for a pressing reason, which in this case it wouldn't be.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Courtier

I can't get over the pics of Mary's eyes lit up bursting to throw the basket ball. This girl just loves her sport, and loves to join in. She must be incredibly fit with her running and workouts so she can be ready for her army training. Everyone around Mary look very relaxed when they visit. And that seems to be the best sign of a good successful visit.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
Yes exactly, Obama has a frantically busy schedule and if he needed to talk to anybody surely it would be the political leader of a country.
If he's met the royals already why would he need to go through the procedure again unless it was for a pressing reason, which in this case it wouldn't be.
But if say Queen Margrethe (being the Head of State) were in Washington, it would be for a very good reason which would I'm sure involve a visit to the White House. I think that goes without saying...

As for Frederik and Mary, an invitation would be more likely to come from the First Lady for tea or something similar. No where did I say that during any such visit would there be a meeting with the President, so I'm not sure where that's come from or why it's being discussed? (we're relatively off topic as it is..haha)

In the case of the Prince of Oranje and Princess Maxima, they were invited to the White House for tea with the First Lady, and the President just so happened to 'pop in'.

I'd imagine calling on the White House, by most foreign dignitaries, has more to do with the nature of their visit. And this visit did not necessitate any such meeting.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

Also from a political point of view, with the economic and ecologic disaster in the Gulf right now, photos of him and Michelle with Royals, no matter how innocent, would probably not play well. Also remember these visits are planned months ahead and Obama had planned originally to be out of the country.