The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to the USA; March 22-27, 2009

The CP couple will visit the United States in March 2009

* Frederik & Mary will be guests of honour when The American-Scandinavian Foundation is having its yearly gala party on 27. March 2009 which place at the grand Pierre Hotel.

Also it's expected that the CP couple will have visit several other US cities prior to gala in New York on March 27

* Visit in Chicago, where the topics will be Danish design and art and also Climate & environment.

* Also include a visit to Omaha Nebraska, where they will attend the 125 anniversary of Dana College.

* And Mary will accompany Frederik to a sports conference in Denver, Colorado.

Schedule of visit are still being planned.
Source; Muhler on CPMB (their source was BB)

Old 02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Billed-Bladet has an article about Frederik and Mary's upcoming visit to the US:

Billed-Bladet - Frederik og Mary til New York som æresgæster

Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

On Sunday March 22, FLATFILE will welcome His and Her Royal Highness, the Prince and Princess of Denmark, in honor of Danish Artist, Carl Krull, whose work will be on display. There will also be a performance during the reception by Chicago Danish artist Anni Holm... - Source
* Article has a picture from the artists work

And here is another article with details of the purpose of the visit and where & when the Cp couple will be
Old 02-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Originally posted by Carlota
Quote:

H.R.H. THE CROWN PRINCE AND H.R.H. THE CROWN PRINCESS OF DENMARK TO VISIT THE US

H.R.H. the Crown Prince and H.R.H. the Crown Princess of Denmark are scheduled to visit the United States March 21st-29th, 2009. The trip will focus on the close cultural and historical ties between Denmark and the United States as well as on renewable energy and energy efficiency – both areas in which Denmark has unique experience... - Full article
Old 03-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Kronprinsparret.dk has the visit dates entered as March 22nd to March 27th.

Quote:
Officielt besg i USA
Sndag 22. marts 2009 - Fredag 27. marts 2009
Kronprinsparret aflgger officielt besg i USA.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
On Sunday March 22, FLATFILE will welcome His and Her Royal Highness, the Prince and Princess of Denmark, in honor of Danish Artist, Carl Krull, whose work will be on display. There will also be a performance during the reception by Chicago Danish artist Anni Holm... - Source
* Article has a picture from the artists work
This event was cancelled:
Quote:
On Sunday March 22, The visit of the Danish Crown Prince and Princess has been cancelled, due to the Crown Prince's having broken his leg. We apologize, and wish him a speedy recovery.
Flatfile Galleries - Contemporary Art and Photography

Some events in Nebraska and Iowa have been confirmed though.
On March 24th, Frederik and Mary will visit the Dana College in Blair, Nebraska. Frederik will conclude a conference on sustainable businesses in the morning, and then at 2:15pm will be awarded with an honorary degree from Dana College.
Also on March 24th, the couple will visit Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

I wanted to post that in the topic about the trip in the USA but it's still closed so here the news

Billed-Bladet - Frederik and Mary in bomb drama

The trip had to be very scaried for Frederik and Mary!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

That would be neat if I could see Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark, since I am a direct Descendent of King Canute The Great. I would like to have Their Autograph. It would be very cool.

http://deltaboogie.com/deltamusicians/hawkinsr/
Read the story before the hawk flew by part IV
http://www.surnameweb.org/cornett/surname-origin.htm

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames....41.989/mb.ashx

here is another link http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bi...nett::659.html
Old 03-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Crown princesses watchers: Voyage officiel aux USA du 22 au 27 mars look back at previous visits

Old 03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Majesty

I just saw that some blithering idiot issued a bomb treat to the 15.35PM Scandinavian Airlines System flight to
New York from Copenhagen Kastrup airport.Thing is Frederik and Mary were on board on their way to the USA.

The flight had to be evacuated due to the bomb treat.

Meanwhile the fool has been caught,he made some remarks implying there was a bomb on board....

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess meanwhile have left for the US with a nearly two hour delay but should arrive within 3 hours or so now.

Oh,isn't it annoying?These fools and their stupid remarks!Thank God nothing happened and it was a false alarm.Heaven prevend it!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Courtier

You are right Lucien. Against stupidity even the Gods are fighting in vain.

But I guess the fool will be meet by a fairly huge compensation claim by the airline.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Trips detailed agenda

Sunaday March 22, 2009

10:00am
The Crown Prince Couple participate in an architecture guided tour in Chicago, Illinois.

11:30am
The Crown Prince Couple make a visit with Chicagos mayor Richard Daley and his wife

3:30pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in a Danish Design event in Chicago with [the work of] Louis Poulsen, Bang & Olufsen and Georg Jensen.

7:30pm
The Crown Prince Couple take part in a private dinner with The Royal Danish Embassy's connections in Chicago.

Tuesday March 24, 2009

09:00am
The Crown Prince Couple make a visit at Grand View University in Des Moines, which is the second of the two universities in the US to still today maintain close historical connections to Denmark.

1:00pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in the celebration of the 125th anniversary of Dana College in Omaha, Nebraska, including reception and meeting with Danish-American representatives. HRH The Crown Prince also gives concluding remarks at a conference about "Sustainable Enterprise".

4:10pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in launchin ceremony at Novozymes in Blair, Nebraska.

8:00pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in dinner with business people and Danish-American representatives in Omaha on the occasion of Dana College's 125 years' Jubilee.

Wednesday March 25, 2009

11:30am
The Crown Prince Couple participate in topping-out ceremony of two new Vestas factories in Denver, Colorado.

1:15pm
The Crown Prince Couple take part in a private lunch with local business people and business leaders within the climate and energy sector in Denver.

Thursday March 26, 2009

HRH The Crown Prince will participate in Sports Accord 2009 in Denver.

HRH The Crown Princess participates in a private programme.

Friday March 27, 2009

6:45pm
The Crown Prince Couple are guests of honor at The American-Scandinavian Foundation's annual gala banquet in New York.

Source
Old 03-22-2009, 04:19 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCornett View Post
That would be neat if I could see Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark, since I am a direct Descendent of King Canute The Great. I would like to have Their Autograph. It would be very cool.

Hi,

With regard to your wish to get the autographs of the Crown Prince Couple - I believe this is not possible as the DRF don't ever sign autographs. I was once in a crowd and saw CP Mary refuse to sign an autograph for someone who requested one, and have read that she did the same when meeting the Australian Olympians at Beijing in 2008. Apparently at that time she told the person they don't give autographs. Also, on this website Princess Marie was criticised for giving her autograph to reporters years ago when her identity first became known in the press.

So your chances of getting an autograph are very low - you should aim to meet them and have someone photograph the big moment! That would be even better than an autograph!

Good luck!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Generally, royals do not sign autographs at all. And for good reason. Not only are they not celebrities, but their names are part of the brand which represents the institution that belongs to the state.

The name of a royal, although theirs, is an instrument of national interest.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCornett View Post

Oh Bryan,everybody can say that.Canute did a lot of Canudling so there must be thousands meanwhile
who could easily claim the same thing if they knew.

Autographs are a no no in Royal land.They are,in no way,one day pulp celibreties regardless what rags
are trying to make you believe.Royalty is a breed on its own.No signing.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the schedule!! they are going to have a busy week!!

Hope we'll have a lot of beautiful pics!!!

It must be very early in Chicago right now so they haven't started their official duties yet!

We have to wait later in the day

Old 03-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

LOS PRNCIPES FEDERICO Y MARY DE DINAMARCA, EVACUADOS DE UN AVIN POR AMENAZA DE BOMBA
Old 03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pictures by daylife

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5
Old 03-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

Mary is simply just so damn beatiuful
it you know that Frederik coulours his here one time in the year?

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
Old 03-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

They look relax and very happy!!

It is going to be a fantastic trip I guess!!

Gallery from Zimbio

Danish Crown Prince And Crown Princess Take Guided Architectural Tour - Pictures - Zimbio

Tags
america, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, official visit, united states