Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to the USA: March 22-27, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to some truly bizarre places for a crown princely couple. I bet Nebraska and Idaho have never seen the likes of a royal before. What on earth are they going there for? Idaho does have potatoes though. I wonder if they will be taking any home?

In Nebraska they're visiting the Dana College, which is celebrating its 125th anniversary. The college has Danish-American history I believe.

Iowa, I have no idea why. According to the Grand View University press release, Fred's grandfather visited the college way back when, so maybe that's the connection?

Lovely pics!!! I love the way Mary is dressed for the design event!

Program for Day 2- 23 March 2009

09:45am
The Crown Prince Couple participate in the Climate and Energy Conference in Chicago, arranged by City of Chicago and The Royal Danish Embassy in Washington DC.

11:20am
The Crown Prince Couple take part in a presentation of Chicago's green initiatives, including visits to Chicago's "green roofs", arranged by City of Chicago.

12:30pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in lunch with the conference delegates.

2:30pm
The Crown Prince Couple make a visit at The Danish Old People’s Home of Chicago.

8:00pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in dinner reception with representatives of the Danish-American community in Des Moines, Iowa to mark the historical ties between Denmark and Iowa as well as marking present and future cooperation, arranged by Governor of Iowa, Chester J. Culver.

Video from DR.dk

http://geo.dr.dk/findLocation/?id=3...ion/playWindowsMediaODP.aframe&bitrate=medium

Last edited:
They are going to some truly bizarre places for a crown princely couple. I bet Nebraska and Idaho have never seen the likes of a royal before. What on earth are they going there for? Idaho does have potatoes though. I wonder if they will be taking any home?

Elementary :) - they are visiting places which still have strong Danish ties. As JessRulz already said the Dana college has a Danish origin - it was founded by Danish immigrants. I believe that QMII and prince Henrik and the late king Frederik and queen Ingrid also visited this college.
The Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa, has Danish roots as well so that's the reason for the visit. The visits to Nebraska and Colorado are for Danish industry - Novozymes and Vesta (wind-mill factory).

Wow Mary's outfit for the design event was beautiful.
Frederik looks particularly handsome :)
x

Thanks for the photos!!!! Mary is looking as elegant and radiant as always.

Program for Day 2- 23 March 2009

09:45am
The Crown Prince Couple participate in the Climate and Energy Conference in Chicago, arranged by City of Chicago and The Royal Danish Embassy in Washington DC.

Does anyone know if the Climate and Energy Conference was covered by the media and if so what happened? I think this should be of interest considering the recent climate changes and the cost of energy.

Mary looks beautiful as always but I wonder if she was cold. Everyone else had coats with the collars turned up?? :flowers:

Looks like a great and interesting trip, and Mary looks fab always, but I also can't help but wonder if she isn't a little cold , :).

She is just stunning in the colors of her country. I love the way they look at each other. They still seem to be as much in love today as ever. I am like you crisscross I would have been frozen. She did not appear to be wearing hose either. She must be very warm natured. I would have been nothing but blue all over from the cold. BRRRRRR

Chicago is my hometown and even though I don't live there anymore, I hope they're enjoying themselves. Too bad they probably don't have time to sample some authentic Chicago cuisine....I'd love to see Fred tackle a Chicago-style hot dog! LOL

Crown Prince Frederik Speech at Climate and Energy Conference
Crown Prince Frederik Speech at the lunch with the Conference Delegates
Crown Prince Frederik Speech at the Danish Old People’s Home of Chicago
Crown Prince Frederik Speech at the reception with representatives of the Danish-American community in Des Moines

Video
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-21238528.html?forside

TV2 Gallery
http://galleri.tv2.dk/index.php/category-Nyhederne/id-21247655/page-1.html

Day-3 Program

09:00am
Visit at Grand View University in Des Moines.

1:00pm
Celebration of the 125th anniversary of Dana College in Omaha, Nebraska, including reception and meeting with Danish-American representatives. HRH The Crown Prince also gives concluding remarks at a conference about "Sustainable Enterprise".

4:10pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in the groundbreaking ceremony at Novozymes' new factory for enzyme production in Blair, Nebraska.

8:00pm
The Crown Prince Couple participate in dinner with business people and Danish-American representatives in Omaha on the occasion of Dana College's 125 years' jubilee.

Last edited:
Wow! Mary lookedwonderul, the Danes should be proud!

She must be freezing because all the people around her where wearing warm long jackets!!!!! Love the flower dress!

Please don't degrade Idaho and Nebraska - even though Fred and Mary are not visiting there.
Boise - the state capital of Idaho - is the headquarters of some very large corporations. Idaho has fabulous ski resorts and is also a mining state. There are a lot of ranches in Idaho with very wealthy owners who could be future investors of industries in Denmark.
Idaho is certainly a sportsman's paradise.
Nebraska has grain farming - it is the breadbasket of the USA. There is a lot of wealth and farm industry in Nebraska. Plus a huge state university.
You would be amazed at the sophistication of the people who live in these states. They travel all over the world and bring culture back home through museums and orchestras.
These people certainly like and demand the finer things in life.

Mary and Frederik look beautiful together.
I never thought are both children at home?
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom