The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 03-27-2009, 02:31 AM
dee4855's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 624
Hopefully they got out early so Mary could do some shopping in NYC. That would be a crime to come all the way to the US and not be able to shop in NYC.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 AM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I can tell you that Fred and Mary could have come incognito to Des Moines... very few people knew they were here until it ran in the newspaper next day. And I'm just finding out 2 days later.
Of course that's what newspapers are for
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,924
Here is a video of Frederik at the Sportaccord Conference in Denver yesterday:
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,870
Speech from Day 4
Crown Prince Frederik Speech at the ceremony of two new Vestas Wind Systems manufacturing plants in Denver

Day 5 (Thursday) still in Denver

HRH The Crown Prince will participate in Sportaccord 2009 in Denver
Speech

Private programme for the Crown Princess.

Program for Day 5 Fryday , New York

Crown Prince Couple will attend as guests of honour at The American-Scandinavian Foundation's annual gala banquet in New York. 6:45 pm
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,807
what does private programme mean? that mary will perform duties which will not be with media being present or publisized or that she doesn't perform duties and will dedicate the day to other personal pursuits?

i loved mary's shirt yesterday. i love the details in the collar! who's mary's lovely shirt by?
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
http://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:54 AM
christinacg's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,229
Thats of traveling for them on this trip! I bet they'll be ready to relax and see the kids when they get home.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
what does private programme mean? that mary will perform duties which will not be with media being present or publisized or that she doesn't perform duties and will dedicate the day to other personal pursuits?
I think that mean they will have a programme or meeting without the press or time out for the couple to do whatever they want

Quote:
i loved mary's shirt yesterday. i love the details in the collar! who's mary's lovely shirt by?
Check the fashion thread
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Tricota's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 160
A quick note on the places they have been to. Torsten Jansen of the Danish Embassy told BT, that part of the reason for going to Central USA, was that this is a place, that is almost never visited by royals and heads of state.

And, if we can be very honest for a second. The Crownprice couple went to America last year, and stayed almost exclusively in the New York area. They did pretty much the same as they have on this trip, but they barely got a mention in the local paper. Which is of course bad, since part of the reason behind these trips, is to support and promote Danish industry abroad. It is my understanding, that they have done a lot better this time, publicity wise, and part of this is probably because of where they went.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Empress's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Please don't degrade Idaho and Nebraska - even though Fred and Mary are not visiting there.
Boise - the state capital of Idaho - is the headquarters of some very large corporations. Idaho has fabulous ski resorts and is also a mining state. There are a lot of ranches in Idaho with very wealthy owners who could be future investors of industries in Denmark.
Idaho is certainly a sportsman's paradise.
Nebraska has grain farming - it is the breadbasket of the USA. There is a lot of wealth and farm industry in Nebraska. Plus a huge state university.
You would be amazed at the sophistication of the people who live in these states. They travel all over the world and bring culture back home through museums and orchestras.
These people certainly like and demand the finer things in life.

Who was degrading it? I just can't imagine what would be of interest to them there. I think that it is a great thing that they've gone to visit, but I just can't imagine what their presence is going to accomplish there, or how much enjoyment they would get out of it.

Nevertheless, for some reason I thought that they were visiting there. Although they are visiting Nebraska, and I stand by my statment that I can't see a reason why they should. Colorado and Illinois are a totally different story.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Lady Jennifer's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DMV Region, United States
Posts: 7,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Day 5 (Thursday) still in Denver

HRH The Crown Prince will participate in Sportaccord 2009 in Denver
Speech

Private programme for the Crown Princess.
I'm guessing they got stuck here in the snow since most/all flights out of DIA (Denver's airport) were canceled yesterday (Thursday).
__________________
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 03-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Who was degrading it? I just can't imagine what would be of interest to them there. I think that it is a great thing that they've gone to visit, but I just can't imagine what their presence is going to accomplish there, or how much enjoyment they would get out of it.

Nevertheless, for some reason I thought that they were visiting there. Although they are visiting Nebraska, and I stand by my statment that I can't see a reason why they should. Colorado and Illinois are a totally different story.
In Denver, Frederik visited a wind turbine factory which is a partnership with Danish businesses. If he wanted to see those wind turbines in action, he could visit Nebraska. Wind turbines are the wave of the future - Denmark is flat, Nebraska is flat - might as well put that flatness to some good use - create energy with wind turbines.
There are several technology companies in Idaho and I do think that Denmark uses technology.
Frederik and Mary's presence anywhere opens up new avenues for networking with foreign business leaders and innovators for commerce and trade for Denmark.
I didn't know that every stop on a foreign tour had to provide total "enjoyment" for Frederik and Mary.
This was not a vacation trip, it is their job.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Chimene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 587
Do we know if they made it to NYC?
__________________
The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind. ~ Albert Camus
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-28-2009, 04:37 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 44,821
Here are some of yesterday's pics without watermarks

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess
Mary of Denmark arrive at the American-Scandinavian Foundation
Dinner at The Pierre Hotel on March 27, 2009 in New York City.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

abaca gallery
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-28-2009, 04:57 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,980
Its great they made in to New York. Mary looks nice but not too sure if the dress is as dressy as Freds suit. Frederik looks nice and all smiley which is good to see.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 19,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here are some of yesterday's pics without watermarks

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess
Mary of Denmark arrive at the American-Scandinavian Foundation
Dinner at The Pierre Hotel on March 27, 2009 in New York City.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

abaca gallery
Such a beautiful dress, it really suits Mary and her hair is stunning.
Anybody know who the grey/black haired lady is in the last picture.
x
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: little rock, Antarctica
Posts: 605
I agree Mary is gorgeous in the new gown.
Although they look as though they really enjoyed themselves, I guess they will be happy to be going home (or be home by now) to be with the children.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I didn't know that every stop on a foreign tour had to provide total "enjoyment" for Frederik and Mary.
This was not a vacation trip, it is their job.
I am agreeing. Just because Frederik made his hobby "sailing" to an "official duty", this doesn´t mean, that all his duties are meant for personal "enjoyment"
I am glad, that they left their usual path a bit and were also visiting places between the east coast and west coast metropolises and that they were dealing with other matters than fashion & design...
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-28-2009, 09:33 AM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 696
lumutqueen, I think it is the actress Liv Ullman. Love Mary's dress. It seems to me Fred smiles more for the photographers when he is at official events outside of Denmark than when he is in Denmark.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,321
Absolutely stunning! I just love Mary's look on Friday evening
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Empress's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
In Denver, Frederik visited a wind turbine factory which is a partnership with Danish businesses. If he wanted to see those wind turbines in action, he could visit Nebraska. Wind turbines are the wave of the future - Denmark is flat, Nebraska is flat - might as well put that flatness to some good use - create energy with wind turbines.
There are several technology companies in Idaho and I do think that Denmark uses technology.
Frederik and Mary's presence anywhere opens up new avenues for networking with foreign business leaders and innovators for commerce and trade for Denmark.
I didn't know that every stop on a foreign tour had to provide total "enjoyment" for Frederik and Mary.
This was not a vacation trip, it is their job.
True, but people should enjoy their jobs, otherwise they are no good at it.

I'm not saying that it's not good that they are visiting these places. I only made the initial comment because frankly I never could see myself going there, and I am certainly not a "VIP" by any stretch of the imagination.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
america, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, official visit, united states


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Frederik & Princess Mary's Official Visit to Australia: Feb. 27-March 11, 2005 KikkiB Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 565 08-27-2017 01:05 AM
Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Chile: March 10-15, 2013 dazzling Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 116 04-03-2013 05:23 PM
Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Hungary: March 19-20, 2010 Ccile Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 22 04-18-2010 02:37 PM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" aif australia belgian book bracelets british royal family camilla charles clothes corruption current events daughter daughters duchessofcambridge duchess of sussex dutch royal family extramarital affairs family fashion forum germany harry and meghan hasnat khan helena iñaki urdangarín jacobite juan carlos king philippe lady louise mountbatten-windsor letizia meghan markle monaco monarchy patronages porphyria prince charles prince harry prince harry of wales prince laurent prince of belgium prince peter princess alexia princess claire princess diana princess eugenie princess royal public opinion queen elizabeth queen mary of teck queen maxima royal royal ancestry royal ancestry; oscar and sophia royal geneology royal ladies royal wedding siblings smith soldier state visit surname sweden swedish royal family the crown tom bower visit to spain wedding windsor castle windsor wedding



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises