Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to New York: September 17-21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will go to New York on a official visit. HRH Princess Isabella will go along, because she is still being breastfed. HRH Prince Christian won't go with his parents and sister.

Ohh how great the're coming to New York ! :D And this time it won't be in the middle of the winther. Wonderfull, can't wait :flowers:

cool I hope to see a lot of pics of the trip. Is there a purpose why they're coming to NY like meeting the Attorney General of the UN?

At least the New York fashion week will be over by then (Sept 5th - 12th) so nobody can accuse Mary of combining business with pleasure or including too much pleasure in her business trip ;)

I am looking forward to see them out and about as 99% of (at least Mary's) their appearances are fab :clap:(as long as Fred leaves his shiny or ill fitting suits at home). They make such a nice couple!

cool I hope to see a lot of pics of the trip. Is there a purpose why they're coming to NY like meeting the Attorney General of the UN?
I think I read somewhere that they are travelling with a trade delegation.

I can´t wait to see the pics....I think Mary and Frederik went to US in 2005...NY is always a nice place to visit!

:flowers::flowers:Program for the visit (M&F's events only):flowers::flowers:

Tuesday September 18
2:30 - 3:15pm
Crown Prince Frederik will attend a demonstration of operations of a research-based affiliate of a Danish company, with Danish-American cross-cultural experiences and to teach about depression, impact on patients and families, and how modern treatment makes a difference at Lundbeck

3 - 4pm
Crown Princess Mary will visit Bodum Inc's show-room to help raise the profile of Danish designer

4 - 5pm
Crown Prince Frederik will visit Arla to increase awareness of the significant export of Danish dairy products to the USA

4:15 - 5pm
Crown Princess Mary will visit bObles to showcase the American play space concept which is on its way to Europe

7:30 - 9pm
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary are guests of honour at a VIP Champange Reception at Takashimaya on Fifth Avenue

Wednesday September 19
8:45 - 9:45am
Crown Prince Frederik will conduct the opening of the New York Stock Exchange

10:15 - 11:30am
Crown Prince Frederik will visit the New York Coast Guard

12 - 12:45pm
Crown Prince Frederik will visit the new state-of-the-art New York Times headquarters, designed by a Danish eco-friendly manufacturer

5 - 5:30pm
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary attend the VIP opening of the Danish design exhibition IKON

6 - 9pm
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary are guests of honour at the "New Scandinavian Cooking" Visit Denmark culinary event showcasing Danish chef Claus Meyer

Thursday September 20
3:20pm
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary will attend the "Working Together Towards Sustainability" conference at alternating times

6:30 - 10:30pm
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary will attend the Creative Nation Gala Dinner

Friday September 21
9 - 10:30am
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary will visit the newly opened Danish Academic Guest House.
The visit is followed by a press conference regarding TRH's visit to New York with Creative Nation. This concludes the Creative Nation trip for TRH

:flowers:

Program for Creative Nation - Dansk Industri, Press

They should have arrive yet! Dont' we have some pictures of the landing?

It's only early morning in New York, and we don't know what time they were arriving - WHO only said they would be arriving on September 17th. I don't know whether we will get any pictures of them arriving in New York, JFK is a large airport and I doubt the press know which specific flight to look for as there are a range of flights F&M could have taken from Copenhagen to New York :)

Wednesday September 19
8:45 - 9:45am
Crown Prince Frederik will conduct the opening of the New York Stock Exchange

Busy schedule, still the opening of the NYSE by the princely couple will be really NICE to see!

Busy schedule, still the opening of the NYSE by the princely couple will be really NICE to see!

It only says Crown Prince Frederik. So I'm assuming no Mary for the event. But that is just my logical assumption since she isn't mentioned.

They have probably scheduled some breastfeeding at that time - since Isabella is with them on this trip ;)

Wonder what kind of jewellery we will see at the official evening events. I am so hoping to see the gorgeous Georg Jensen silver set Mary wore at a visit to Germany (the mere thought of that jewellery make me drool.....)

Do they have media people and photographers that follow them around from Denmark?

Poor Isabella, so young and sucht a big activity around her! Dont' they have a private jet just for them or they ussualy fligh in regular airlines?

I'm confused why people are expecting pictures today and why the thread includes the 17th. According to the schedule there is no event until Tuesday afternoon for Frederik and then Mary later in the afternoon. I kind of think we won't see pics until tomorrow.

BilledBladet will definitely be following them!;) There must be lots of reporters from DK following them - they are part of a trade delegation and I suppose it's all about media awareness and branding.

No, Biboquinhas, the royal family does not have a private jet.

Poor Isabella, so young and sucht a big activity around her! Dont' they have a private jet just for them or they ussualy fligh in regular airlines?

Oh Isabella won't mind a bit,as long as she gets food and her dipers changed,she'll be sleeping most of the time.They do use scheduled flights regularly,SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) is used to having them on board,as well as any other Scandinavian Royals for that matter.They already arrived today:)

It only says Crown Prince Frederik. So I'm assuming no Mary for the event. But that is just my logical assumption since she isn't mentioned.

No Aurora810, you're right, I missread it. The picture of the two of them hitting with the hammer actually seemed nice though! :rolleyes:

Yay we will see Isabella again <3 :)

I doubt it! This is an official visit with events that are not infant friendly. She will likely be cared for by a nanny while Mary is out. However, the schedule seems to have plenty of breaks in it for Mary to be with Isabella as much as possible. If we do see her she'll be in an infant seat being taken from car to hotel or whatever. But it's not like they are taking her to and from their different appearances. That would seem very unprofessional to me!

I wish them a safe journey and can't wait to see photos of them.

Me either – I have been waiting for another trip overseas for a long time. I revisited the Australian thread yesterday. Just as a sort of warm up, isn't that silly...

Me either – I have been waiting for another trip overseas for a long time. I revisited the Australian thread yesterday. Just as a sort of warm up, isn't that silly...

It's sweet...;)

Nothing like an overseas trip to ignite the flames of interest and anticipation..hehe.

You and I seem to be playing tag today, Madame Royale ;)

And I'll say theres not. I love that they are traveling so far to promote Denmark, that it means beautiful clothes and jewellery, lots of photos, etc
I feel like such a sop. And yet I dont really care.

The anticipation is certainly building for me.

I can't wait seeing pics. I'm so curious what Mary will be wearing. I feel she will represent Denmark in a very elegant way.:daneflag:

I'm excited about this, although I don't think I'll see any photos in any newspapers around here, or that it'll make it on the news. I wish some royals would come to the World Dairy Expo so I could meet/see them.

I think we will get to see Isabella maybe having some free time around New York with their parents, maybe on the central park or in sme shop! Hope the photographers can cacht that momments:wub:

It's 7 o'clock in the morning there right now.
Their first event is scheduled at 2.30pm.
So I guess no pictures until the evening, for some of us until tommorrow.:flowers:

They'll be across the street from my office, so I'll keep an eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom