Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to New York: September 17-21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another winner! I love how she wears the clothes; they don't ware her. Which is why regardless of the style, whether we all like it or not, the woman always looks SPECTACULAR - not to mention CLASSY! Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for the new pictures. I like her outfit. She looks elegant.

She looks just great.
Mary has looked wonderful at all her events.

Well a lot of people like CP Mary with good reason. A few seem to dislike her whatever the reason is. She is going to be my queen one day and I hold her in my highest regard. Personally I would never critizise the princess of an other nation for her personallity.;)

I find it quit okay to make comments on how they dress, just like I have my oppinions upon the stile of CP Mary. I like her stile but when it coms to that Malene Birger dress - I can't make up my mind. The dress does seem to be a bit to much of everything. On the other hand it look like the stile of the 80's are back - so I better get used to it:flowers:.

I think it's great to hear from someone who actually lives in the same country as the CP couple and hear your thoughts on them and what they are like. None of us really know what they are truly like, do we, but it still is nice to hear that you hold your future queen in high regard. She seems to do her job well and certainly seems to have the support of the Royal Family. I would think if they had concerns the public would hear about it.

oh my lost in translation NY is the BIG apple not the great apple. LOL too funny. i can't wait for the gala photos!

The thing with Mary is that even if she wears an outfit most of us consider a "miss" she still looks great. She never appears with rumpled clothes and with messy hair like Maxima sometimes does, for example, or with clothes so ill-fitting that they seem to be made for another person and with poor posture like Mette-Marit. I do not like the frilly blouse with that really colorful skirt and Mary does push it at times, but never to the point of gaudy and ridiculous. There is always an element of class present.

I just happened to find this pic. Look at Mary's arm. That is quite intense for her arm to look like that when she is just shaking a little girl's hand. It just looks weird! :ohmy:

ANP Beeldbank

And here is one from this afternoon. I really like what she is wearing today! ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Eww! Yeah.... I bet her arm just looks like that because she's do darn skinny! Anyways...will there be a gala event this visit?

oh my lost in translation NY is the BIG apple not the great apple. LOL too funny. i can't wait for the gala photos!

Oops!! My mistake, indeed! :blink: Sorry for that. :innocent:
(I admit it was quite funny! :lol: )

Black and white is soooo chic, hair looks great and notice another outfit with a mix of textures. Mary could wear a garbage bag and I would still think she looked gorgeous!!!

I have to say though, that the picture with her arm, whats up with that? I have never noticed that before.

Actually I think that she is doing a good job but the job that every crown princess has to to do, without anything of special.

My sentiments exactly.
She looks happy and healthy. So far she looks nice except for the glittering evening top with day wear.

I think the reason why Mary's arm appears that way is because the girl is curtseying and they are holding on to each so that the girl doesn't topple over.

Stellad

Mary looks happy. Not very keen on that Birger outfit but she is still lovely:wub:

I just happened to find this pic. Look at Mary's arm. That is quite intense for her arm to look like that when she is just shaking a little girl's hand. It just looks weird! :ohmy:

And where are all the weight-watchers in the Spanish forum? There's no meat on Mary's arms. Considering how she looked before Fred and now, that is some weight loss.

I am catching up reading posts and watching pic. Thanx everyone for posting them. I liked white top/pattern skirt outfit Mary wore yesterday, very feminine. But I did not look like black thingy near her neck that was part of the design. It looked strange. CP Mary's black dress was very simple and modern BTW the best day outfit I saw her so far during her visit in NY. Gala Black/white dress was gorgeous. Mary looked perfect in it.:flowers:

And where are all the weight-watchers in the Spanish forum? There's no meat on Mary's arms. Considering how she looked before Fred and now, that is some weight loss.

This arm does look strange. Is Mary that slim?:eek: She does not appear skinny in pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is creating "fashion" ONLY IF other people follow her. In this case, I highly doubt it. Wearing something different from everyone else is called "encentric".
I can bet that many of us will follow Mary's way of dress! And that locely leather belt with that silk blouse is creationg fashion to me! I will make it someday!
Although I think that this Malene Birger dress http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/047696cb.jpg was a bit too mucht, a bit to excentric for the ocassion I would't feel confortable wearing that clothes.
But Mary looks like a real Princess very elegant with all the outfits!! Except for that Malene Birger dress all of them were marvellous!
We can see a big difference between their last trip to New York and this one, regarding Mary's way of dress, last time she was unpretentious and bit to modest on her way of dress, but also very very elegant, yes she has changed a lot but I like it!! . I cannot forget her lovely casual Pink Coat http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/07mkII/db485a3f.jpg

Last edited:
Funny! AGAIN!!!!!

Although I think that this Malene Birger dress http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/047696cb.jpg was a bit too mucht, a bit to excentric for the ocassion I would't feel confortable wearing that clothes.

Funny!

I bought the "same" skirt at H&M this summer. But I wear it together with a simple white shirt. Together with this blouse (which Crownprincess Mary wears) it reminds me of a traditional costume (a "Dirndl") - she can wear it, when she will visit the "Oktoberfest in Munich". ;)
But I agree: Whatever she wears - even if she wears a rubbish-bag - she is beautiful and elegant.

But Mary looks like a real Princess very elegant with all the outfits!!

But how do real princesses look? Princess Anne is very royal, always has been, but not very elegant. The same goes for a lot of other born princesses, apart from the Swedish princesses (and even they have their off-days) I can hardly name one born Princess who looks usually elegant. IMHO being a princess doesn´t mean one has to be a fashion icon or that one has a flawless taste in clothes.

I very much like Mary’s fashion choices this week. I think we have to remember that they are in New York promoting Danish trade and design so it’s a good thing that she is wearing eye catching Danish designed pieces. She is doing her job well as it has certainly got all of us talking!! :flowers:

You are right she lost a lot of weight but she not a walking skeleton yet. I'd consider her slim but not skinny. The only CP who did not lose weight or changed too much overall is Maxima, and I love her for that.

Is this Yahoo! News Photo the dress she ordered at Juozas Statkevicius before Isabella's christening and which she never has worn?
The newspapers wrote, that she ordered two dresses: One for the christening and one for Queen Sonja's birthday-party...

Does anybody know it?

You are right she lost a lot of weight but she not a walking skeleton yet. I'd consider her slim but not skinny. The only CP who did not lose weight or changed too much overall is Maxima, and I love her for that.

Me too... But this is not the place or thread to discuss our favourites... ;)
Crownprincess Mary's arm is TOO thin... definitely. But she has stress and she still breastfeed her daughter... So she gets thinner and thinner...

Last edited by a moderator:
New York really brings out her best in evening gowns - remember the great amethyst-colored dress she wore for the last visit? This and the new black & white one combine elegance with a touch of 1940's Hollywood glamour style. It's not too much 'show biz' at all, IMO - 10 out of 10 indeed.
Regarding the infamous pic of her right arm - I don't believe it's weight loss as I have noticed something odd there before, even on some pics of the pre-wedding gala. To me it looks like a (childhood?) break of the arm which healed badly.

But how do real princesses look? Princess Anne is very royal, always has been, but not very elegant. The same goes for a lot of other born princesses, apart from the Swedish princesses (and even they have their off-days) I can hardly name one born Princess who looks usually elegant. IMHO being a princess doesn´t mean one has to be a fashion icon or that one has a flawless taste in clothes.
I think that when we speak the name "Princess" we think of a very beautiful, pure and elegant person has Mary is! When we get to see Mary wearing that beautiful dresses we are induce to say that she looks like a real Princess:princess3:Beeing a princess is also about fashion and know how to dress for the ocassion, and Mary knows how to do that better than anyone. But I also must admit that sometimes she abuse a little bit of her fashion sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom