Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to New York: September 17-21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary's outfit

In the first ANP photograph, the belt is obscured and we get a good idea of how the outfit would have looked sans belt. Better IMO, but I like the idea that she likes to experiment, hence the belt and the look she was aiming for. I have many photographs and I've noticed that she seems to like contrast. Belts, hats, jackets etc. One instance springs to mind, the different colour of her hat when the portrait of her was unveiled.
She and Frederick are doing a great job for Denmark.
Taree:flowers:

Oh I LOVE the outfit ! Gorgeous glittery top, and well combined with the skirt, and the belt is such a cool touch to the outfit.
:wub:
They're doing such a great job.

Thanks lovely photos, and lovely to see!!!
Mary is very pretty and elegant.

I like the top, I like the skirt, I like the belt and shoes, just all with something different. all together, it is too much contrast.
If she is going to mix textures, which is great, I personally think it should all be kept on the same color scheme. That way nothing is fighting against each other.
Her outfit does look o.k., but the belt is fighting with the top and the top is fighting with the belt and skirt.
But that is just my opinion.

I live in NYC and would love to catch a quick glimpse of Fred and/or Mary. Is standing outside the Mandarin my best bet?

There is a cute pic of Christian back at home in Denmark walking in the palace park with Mary's father and stepmother at the Danish royal watchers website. There is also a short paragraph that is cute to read. Just thought it was sweet! However, I would like to debate whether Ziggy is actually walking like the paragraph says.;) Seems he enjoys laying down! :lol:

I'm enjoying this trip of Fred and Mary's, nice to see some insight as to whom is helping to take care of Christian while they are away.

So it seems! The shoes also look very similar to the ones she wore on that occasion..

You are right!
These shoes she has worn ith that coat at the mentioned occasion and at Isabellas christening, too

In New York:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/eb6587eb.jpg

75th Anniversary of Dannebrog:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/0526071.jpg (couldn't find a better oic at the moment)

Christening of Princess Isabella
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/IHIM/Isabella1.jpg

They are a danish brand, Mermaide shoes, Mermaid Shoes - Designer skomærke af en sjælden omhyggelig og eksklusiv kvalitet

I live in NYC and would love to catch a quick glimpse of Fred and/or Mary. Is standing outside the Mandarin my best bet?

i'd think it's the best bet. you might want to look at the front of the thread for the post about time and events and plan accordingly. when to expect them to leave and return, if there's more than one entrance there's the problem of missing them, be polite and ask the doorman (he might not tell you tho) good luck

I am either really liking or hating the outfit. I haven't made up my mind as of yet.

The outfit she wore today is way over-the-top. She should have stuck with a plain white blouse, belt, and then the crazy skirt. Adding a crazy blouse is too much for the eyes!

I hate to say it because I usually love her style but this is one of the worst CP Mary outfits ever... and I even have to disagree with msleiman:
Both garments are ghastly in their own right, the 'Sad Clown' blouse as well as the 'LSD Trip' skirt. Mary herself doesn't look too comfortable wearing them either... I know it's a 'Creative Nation' visit but this is not creative, just odd.

I like the skirt, but the blouse only with plain black slacks.

I like everything except the belt. But hey, she is in New York. So maybe she wanted to be a little spunky.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that I just came back from the BoConcept event where Mary presented the new chair of this season, and it was an incredible experience for me to meet her in person. She's attentive, sweet, and makes you feel like you are the only person in the room :)
And then she's even more beautiful in person that she is on pictures. Her features are so delicate and elegant, not to forgot her impeccable figure and creamy complexion. She's got a firm handshake, too :)
When the event was over, Frederik was waiting outside for her. He had a big grin on his face when he saw her :wub: And he's super handsome, I have to say.

I did take a few pictures, but it was kind of dark in the store, so I am not sure how they came out. I will post them when I get home later.

You are so lucky, sniemann! Thank you for sharing your account.

I always ask this question to anyone who sees Princess Mary so I hope you can answer. How tall is she with her heels on?

Thanks,

Ayvee

Last edited:
I would say she's about about 1.68 m, about 5"7

I am still totally flying on cloud nine.... I can't believe it. Tomorrow I will be attending the conference and gala in the evening. You can expect an eyewitness report Friday morning :lol:

This is the kind of outfit that would have looked gorgeous on Kim Cattral or Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and The city. But it just doesn't fit a princess in my opinion. I actually like the shirt, love the belt, clutch, etc. but the skirt ruins it all, I don't like it. She should have worn black pants instead and maybe a black cardigan with? But hey she's in New York and I say that this outfit is very New York, so she gets away with it .. Even though the skirt is .. too ugly for words. lol :rolleyes:

Hmm, the outfit isn't inappropriate for a princess imo. I like the pieces but just not together.

I think its sweet that Christian's grandparents are helping to look after him while Fred and Mary are gone. I was actually wondering that before. I wonder if QMII and Henrik will spend time with him too while they are away.

I think they are attending a gala dinner tonight, right? Can't wait for those pics.

I hope they are enjoying their time in NYC. Its such a fun place to be. Aside from all their scheduled plans, it would be nice if they have time to go catch a Broadway show or go to a museum or something not on the itinerary.

I would say she's about about 1.68 m, about 5"7

I am still totally flying on cloud nine.... I can't believe it. Tomorrow I will be attending the conference and gala in the evening. You can expect an eyewitness report Friday morning :lol:

How did you get to be so lucky as to get to go to the conference/gala?:ohmy:

I know there have been a few people saying that this latest outfit is not appropriate for a princess but i think it is wonderful that there is one out there to push the boundaries just a little. If you see what is around in the fashion world, (and lets be honest, fashion is and can be so weird,and is open to interpretation from the individual,) then you will know that mixing fabrics, prints and textures is completely acceptable. I think this is a brave choice, and while it may not be everyones cup of tea, i think that the princess looks elegant and very presentable and so pretty. i love the slight quirkiness too.

Mary looks fantastic! Don't understand the comments saying this is not appropriate for a princess, however. How and why is that?

Mary looks fantastic! Don't understand the comments saying this is not appropriate for a princess, however. How and why is that?

Having seen her today at the BoConcept event I have to say that the outfit was totally appropriate for a crown princess :lol: It was stunning, and complemented her own colourings perfectly. I should also add that I was absolutely amazed to see what a tiny waist she has in real life :)

How did you get to be so lucky as to get to go to the conference/gala?:ohmy:

I do feel kinda lucky. I still haven't come down from cloud nine since I met her this afternoon. We didn't exchange more than a "Hej", but I am such a fan of hers, so it was a HUGE moment for me. And I am still a little shaky actually... She really is more gorgeous in real life than on pictures.
I am invited to the conference and galla tomorrow night, so I will definitely tell you about my experience tomorrow night or Friday morning, depending on how late I get home from the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do feel kinda lucky. I still haven't come down from cloud nine since I met her this afternoon. We didn't exchange more than a "Hej", but I am such a fan of hers, so it was a HUGE moment for me. And I am still a little shaky actually... She really is more gorgeous in real life than on pictures.
I am invited to the conference and galla tomorrow night as I am a member of the Danish Chamber of Commerce here in NY. Besides being able to look at my favority royal couple most of the day, I will also be able to do some (hopefully) good networking, so we shall see. I will definitely tell you about my experience tomorrow night or Friday morning, depending on how late I get home from the event.

Wow, I am so excited for you. Hopefully you can talk to them more tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about it.

Though I appreciate that Mary can try something new from time to time. But I agree with those that have suggested this outfit is a little over the top. One or the other, in my opinion! Either the skirt with a more plain type of blouse or the shirt with a plain black skirt/slacks. One or the other, the way she wore it was just a little to busy for my taste.

Oh and I don't really believe that it's necessarily inappropriate for a princess to wear. On first glance I thought the different pieces were things that Queen Rania might be seen in. The cut and shapes of the pieces seem to be similar to Rania's style, imo.

Last edited:
sniemann, i agree. The Princess has got a tiny waist!! I never really noticed before.

I saw her outfit up close and I think that was a leather skirt she was wearing. Maybe that explains the heavy belt she was wearing with the sequined top. I thought she looked just lovely. She is so beautiful anything is wonderful on her.

royals.web-log.nl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom