The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Eww! Yeah.... I bet her arm just looks like that because she's do darn skinny! Anyways...will there be a gala event this visit?

Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
oh my lost in translation NY is the BIG apple not the great apple. LOL too funny. i can't wait for the gala photos!
Oops!! My mistake, indeed! Sorry for that.
(I admit it was quite funny! )

Old 09-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Black and white is soooo chic, hair looks great and notice another outfit with a mix of textures. Mary could wear a garbage bag and I would still think she looked gorgeous!!!

I have to say though, that the picture with her arm, whats up with that? I have never noticed that before.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by topola View Post
Actually I think that she is doing a good job but the job that every crown princess has to to do, without anything of special.

My sentiments exactly.
She looks happy and healthy. So far she looks nice except for the glittering evening top with day wear.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Courtier

I think the reason why Mary's arm appears that way is because the girl is curtseying and they are holding on to each so that the girl doesn't topple over.

Stellad
Old 09-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Nobility

Mary looks happy. Not very keen on that Birger outfit but she is still lovely
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
she is creatting fashion
She is creating "fashion" ONLY IF other people follow her. In this case, I highly doubt it. Wearing something different from everyone else is called "encentric".
Old 09-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I just happened to find this pic. Look at Mary's arm. That is quite intense for her arm to look like that when she is just shaking a little girl's hand. It just looks weird!
And where are all the weight-watchers in the Spanish forum? There's no meat on Mary's arms. Considering how she looked before Fred and now, that is some weight loss.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Serene Highness

I am catching up reading posts and watching pic. Thanx everyone for posting them. I liked white top/pattern skirt outfit Mary wore yesterday, very feminine. But I did not look like black thingy near her neck that was part of the design. It looked strange. CP Mary's black dress was very simple and modern BTW the best day outfit I saw her so far during her visit in NY. Gala Black/white dress was gorgeous. Mary looked perfect in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
And where are all the weight-watchers in the Spanish forum? There's no meat on Mary's arms. Considering how she looked before Fred and now, that is some weight loss.
This arm does look strange. Is Mary that slim? She does not appear skinny in pictures.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She is creating "fashion" ONLY IF other people follow her. In this case, I highly doubt it. Wearing something different from everyone else is called "encentric".
I can bet that many of us will follow Mary's way of dress! And that locely leather belt with that silk blouse is creationg fashion to me! I will make it someday!
Although I think that this Malene Birger dress http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/047696cb.jpg was a bit too mucht, a bit to excentric for the ocassion I would't feel confortable wearing that clothes.
But Mary looks like a real Princess very elegant with all the outfits!! Except for that Malene Birger dress all of them were marvellous!
We can see a big difference between their last trip to New York and this one, regarding Mary's way of dress, last time she was unpretentious and bit to modest on her way of dress, but also very very elegant, yes she has changed a lot but I like it!! . I cannot forget her lovely casual Pink Coat http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...I/db485a3f.jpg
Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

Funny! AGAIN!!!!!

Quote:
Although I think that this Malene Birger dress http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/047696cb.jpg was a bit too mucht, a bit to excentric for the ocassion I would't feel confortable wearing that clothes.
Funny!

I bought the "same" skirt at H&M this summer. But I wear it together with a simple white shirt. Together with this blouse (which Crownprincess Mary wears) it reminds me of a traditional costume (a "Dirndl") - she can wear it, when she will visit the "Oktoberfest in Munich".
But I agree: Whatever she wears - even if she wears a rubbish-bag - she is beautiful and elegant.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:12 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
But Mary looks like a real Princess very elegant with all the outfits!!
But how do real princesses look? Princess Anne is very royal, always has been, but not very elegant. The same goes for a lot of other born princesses, apart from the Swedish princesses (and even they have their off-days) I can hardly name one born Princess who looks usually elegant. IMHO being a princess doesn´t mean one has to be a fashion icon or that one has a flawless taste in clothes.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Aristocracy

I very much like Mary’s fashion choices this week. I think we have to remember that they are in New York promoting Danish trade and design so it’s a good thing that she is wearing eye catching Danish designed pieces. She is doing her job well as it has certainly got all of us talking!!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
You are right she lost a lot of weight but she not a walking skeleton yet. I'd consider her slim but not skinny. The only CP who did not lose weight or changed too much overall is Maxima, and I love her for that.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Aristocracy

Is this Yahoo! News Photo the dress she ordered at Juozas Statkevicius before Isabella's christening and which she never has worn?
The newspapers wrote, that she ordered two dresses: One for the christening and one for Queen Sonja's birthday-party...

Does anybody know it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
You are right she lost a lot of weight but she not a walking skeleton yet. I'd consider her slim but not skinny. The only CP who did not lose weight or changed too much overall is Maxima, and I love her for that.
Me too... But this is not the place or thread to discuss our favourites...
Crownprincess Mary's arm is TOO thin... definitely. But she has stress and she still breastfeed her daughter... So she gets thinner and thinner...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
One of the best outfits I have ever seen on her. That's a 10 out of 10.
Does anybody know, what she did with her hair?
It looks like a Jackie O.-hairstyle...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

New York really brings out her best in evening gowns - remember the great amethyst-colored dress she wore for the last visit? This and the new black & white one combine elegance with a touch of 1940's Hollywood glamour style. It's not too much 'show biz' at all, IMO - 10 out of 10 indeed.
Regarding the infamous pic of her right arm - I don't believe it's weight loss as I have noticed something odd there before, even on some pics of the pre-wedding gala. To me it looks like a (childhood?) break of the arm which healed badly.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
But how do real princesses look? Princess Anne is very royal, always has been, but not very elegant. The same goes for a lot of other born princesses, apart from the Swedish princesses (and even they have their off-days) I can hardly name one born Princess who looks usually elegant. IMHO being a princess doesn´t mean one has to be a fashion icon or that one has a flawless taste in clothes.
I think that when we speak the name "Princess" we think of a very beautiful, pure and elegant person has Mary is! When we get to see Mary wearing that beautiful dresses we are induce to say that she looks like a real PrincessBeeing a princess is also about fashion and know how to dress for the ocassion, and Mary knows how to do that better than anyone. But I also must admit that sometimes she abuse a little bit of her fashion sense!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
New York really brings out her best in evening gowns - remember the great amethyst-colored dress she wore for the last visit?
Sorry! I don't remember... Do you have a photo?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Darkness View Post
Sorry! I don't remember... Do you have a photo?
I think the dress Boris meant is this Alexander McQueen
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1110200841

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1110200841

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1110200841

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, new york, official visit