The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
She almost seems to have the same perfectionism attitude like Victoria Beckham. And I guess the two are of a quite similar kind. Except for Mary wearing more conservative clothes.
I'd agree if Mary's face had almost frozen to one artificial expression, she wore superbug sunglasses all the time and had gone from almost nothing to DDD+ in the boob department, not to forget the fake finger- and toenails

It's the duty of a princess to look as pleasant as possible, at the end of the day it's appearance that matters and Mary is doing very well here. In fact I appreciate that her hair is always done nicely and that she puts effort into her styling - alongsite her busy schedule, with or without Fred.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Nobility

I would be thrilled to have that Birger dress -- how cool! Takes a daring confident person to pull that one off. Score 1 for CP Mary!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Courtier

I don’t know why people need to make outlandish remarks to justify not liking someone. I don’t like Mary would suffice to get the point across, and therefore the opinion would be more understandable/respectable.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Believe me , I am not the only person who thinks about Mary like that. It is as realistic to say that she is quite similar to a showgirl as it is to say that she is the most beautiful, fascinating person in the world. After all, its all a matter of taste and knowledge of human nature. I really believe that that there is much more pretending than real stuff. BUt I don't want to shatter your princess dream, girls...I bet she is wonderful..
Old 09-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Just see Victoria Beckham on her day to day life and we can see the differences very clear! Mary likes to walk with her dog, on her jeans, with her tennis, she likes to wear short jeans and walk on the beach with her son and some friends, she likes to drive his son to daycare on a bike with her dog around her, she likes nature and she likes beeing around nature but what is most fascinating is that when she need to be a real princess and play her dutties she can do that has we see now during this trip. She can do her job very well, she is beautiful and she knows how to dress according to the occasion and I belive that sometimes she has to pretend, she has to pretend that she is enjoying, she has to smile to photographers when she really wanted to be at home with her kids! That's knowing how to play her job and her job is to be a day to day princess with all comes with it and she knows how to it perfectly!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Aristocracy

Yes I agree, it's the job of a princess to do all those " very important " things, but why do people have a very strange feeling only about Mary ? It has been an issue in several magazines, even in Denmark. Everything seems to be Crownpincess show, it is the real person, the heart that is missed. The strenght to be the person you are. Every other CP is able to be herself, Mary plays roles. That is not necessary. The other monarchys are the living proof for that. It seems to me that it is not about doing a perfect job but to do that job in a very narcistic way . ( Latest example the launch of a quite obscur foundation ). And this behaviour IS in fact quite similar to Mrs Beckham. Which I am not a devoted follower, but it's never too late to change your mind...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I know the subject of Victoria Beckham is an incredibly fascinating one, but can we please get back to the subject at hand.

In case anyone forgot, this topic is reserved for Frederik and Mary's Official Visit to NYC.

Furthermore, if anyone wishes to debate the issue regarding Mary and Victoria please do so via PM. I know it's hard, but humor me and get back on topic.

Thanks,
Mandy, Empress, and GT
Danish Mods
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Well a lot of people like CP Mary with good reason. A few seem to dislike her whatever the reason is. She is going to be my queen one day and I hold her in my highest regard. Personally I would never critizise the princess of an other nation for her personallity.

I find it quit okay to make comments on how they dress, just like I have my oppinions upon the stile of CP Mary. I like her stile but when it coms to that Malene Birger dress - I can't make up my mind. The dress does seem to be a bit to much of everything. On the other hand it look like the stile of the 80's are back - so I better get used to it.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

I just noticed on the schedule that tonight is the gala dinner. I'm looking forward to that. Even though it is nice that Fred and Mary are here in the United States. I'm kind of having a hard time with the time zone thing. When they are in Denmark if it's an evening event I have all afternoon to come and look at pics, thanks to the time difference. But when they are here in the same time zone as myself it's harder to get back online and look at the pics just because the timing isn't as good for me. Oh, the very small issues I have. Crazy, I know.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

She just make it rigth that's why!
I think the Malene Birger outfit is lovely but really not very proper for the occasion, maybe a bit to mucht! I wouldn't feel confortable and confident wearing it!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
And I love this pic
I believe Fred is sitting in a Arne Jacobsen signature chair (the egg chair). Jacobsen is one of the most famous icons of Danish design.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Opening of Creative Nation Business Conference today, Mary's event

http://i7.tinypic.com/5ybz4oy.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/677kpl3.jpg

She looks nice, yet again
Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Another winner! I love how she wears the clothes; they don't ware her. Which is why regardless of the style, whether we all like it or not, the woman always looks SPECTACULAR - not to mention CLASSY! Thanks for the pics.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the new pictures. I like her outfit. She looks elegant.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Courtier

She looks just great.
Mary has looked wonderful at all her events.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Well a lot of people like CP Mary with good reason. A few seem to dislike her whatever the reason is. She is going to be my queen one day and I hold her in my highest regard. Personally I would never critizise the princess of an other nation for her personallity.

I find it quit okay to make comments on how they dress, just like I have my oppinions upon the stile of CP Mary. I like her stile but when it coms to that Malene Birger dress - I can't make up my mind. The dress does seem to be a bit to much of everything. On the other hand it look like the stile of the 80's are back - so I better get used to it.
I think it's great to hear from someone who actually lives in the same country as the CP couple and hear your thoughts on them and what they are like. None of us really know what they are truly like, do we, but it still is nice to hear that you hold your future queen in high regard. She seems to do her job well and certainly seems to have the support of the Royal Family. I would think if they had concerns the public would hear about it.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Pictures from HOLA.COM

Article HOLA "The kindergarten princess"

Princess Mary, mother of two children (princess Isabella, five months, who accompanies her parents in this official visit to the Great Apple, while prince Christian has remained in home), quickly captivated the attention of the children.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

oh my lost in translation NY is the BIG apple not the great apple. LOL too funny. i can't wait for the gala photos!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Gentry

The thing with Mary is that even if she wears an outfit most of us consider a "miss" she still looks great. She never appears with rumpled clothes and with messy hair like Maxima sometimes does, for example, or with clothes so ill-fitting that they seem to be made for another person and with poor posture like Mette-Marit. I do not like the frilly blouse with that really colorful skirt and Mary does push it at times, but never to the point of gaudy and ridiculous. There is always an element of class present.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness

I just happened to find this pic. Look at Mary's arm. That is quite intense for her arm to look like that when she is just shaking a little girl's hand. It just looks weird!

ANP Beeldbank

And here is one from this afternoon. I really like what she is wearing today! ANP Beeldbank

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, new york, official visit