The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Courtier

God, I'm in owe of this woman! Take a look at the latest outfit from this morning!

Danish Royal Watchers

Old 09-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Nobility

I am either really liking or hating the outfit. I haven't made up my mind as of yet.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Nobility

I think Mary looks great again today!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

The outfit she wore today is way over-the-top. She should have stuck with a plain white blouse, belt, and then the crazy skirt. Adding a crazy blouse is too much for the eyes!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hate to say it because I usually love her style but this is one of the worst CP Mary outfits ever... and I even have to disagree with msleiman:
Both garments are ghastly in their own right, the 'Sad Clown' blouse as well as the 'LSD Trip' skirt. Mary herself doesn't look too comfortable wearing them either... I know it's a 'Creative Nation' visit but this is not creative, just odd.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

I like the skirt, but the blouse only with plain black slacks.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

I like everything except the belt. But hey, she is in New York. So maybe she wanted to be a little spunky.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that I just came back from the BoConcept event where Mary presented the new chair of this season, and it was an incredible experience for me to meet her in person. She's attentive, sweet, and makes you feel like you are the only person in the room
And then she's even more beautiful in person that she is on pictures. Her features are so delicate and elegant, not to forgot her impeccable figure and creamy complexion. She's got a firm handshake, too :-)
When the event was over, Frederik was waiting outside for her. He had a big grin on his face when he saw her And he's super handsome, I have to say.

I did take a few pictures, but it was kind of dark in the store, so I am not sure how they came out. I will post them when I get home later.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Courtier

You are so lucky, sniemann! Thank you for sharing your account.

I always ask this question to anyone who sees Princess Mary so I hope you can answer. How tall is she with her heels on?

Thanks,

Ayvee
Old 09-19-2007, 05:56 PM

I would say she's about about 1.68 m, about 5"7

I am still totally flying on cloud nine.... I can't believe it. Tomorrow I will be attending the conference and gala in the evening. You can expect an eyewitness report Friday morning
Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Courtier

This is the kind of outfit that would have looked gorgeous on Kim Cattral or Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and The city. But it just doesn't fit a princess in my opinion. I actually like the shirt, love the belt, clutch, etc. but the skirt ruins it all, I don't like it. She should have worn black pants instead and maybe a black cardigan with? But hey she's in New York and I say that this outfit is very New York, so she gets away with it .. Even though the skirt is .. too ugly for words. lol
Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

Hmm, the outfit isn't inappropriate for a princess imo. I like the pieces but just not together.

I think its sweet that Christian's grandparents are helping to look after him while Fred and Mary are gone. I was actually wondering that before. I wonder if QMII and Henrik will spend time with him too while they are away.

I think they are attending a gala dinner tonight, right? Can't wait for those pics.

I hope they are enjoying their time in NYC. Its such a fun place to be. Aside from all their scheduled plans, it would be nice if they have time to go catch a Broadway show or go to a museum or something not on the itinerary.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniemann View Post
I would say she's about about 1.68 m, about 5"7

I am still totally flying on cloud nine.... I can't believe it. Tomorrow I will be attending the conference and gala in the evening. You can expect an eyewitness report Friday morning
How did you get to be so lucky as to get to go to the conference/gala?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Courtier

I know there have been a few people saying that this latest outfit is not appropriate for a princess but i think it is wonderful that there is one out there to push the boundaries just a little. If you see what is around in the fashion world, (and lets be honest, fashion is and can be so weird,and is open to interpretation from the individual,) then you will know that mixing fabrics, prints and textures is completely acceptable. I think this is a brave choice, and while it may not be everyones cup of tea, i think that the princess looks elegant and very presentable and so pretty. i love the slight quirkiness too.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Mary looks fantastic! Don't understand the comments saying this is not appropriate for a princess, however. How and why is that?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Mary looks fantastic! Don't understand the comments saying this is not appropriate for a princess, however. How and why is that?
Having seen her today at the BoConcept event I have to say that the outfit was totally appropriate for a crown princess It was stunning, and complemented her own colourings perfectly. I should also add that I was absolutely amazed to see what a tiny waist she has in real life :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86 View Post
How did you get to be so lucky as to get to go to the conference/gala?
I do feel kinda lucky. I still haven't come down from cloud nine since I met her this afternoon. We didn't exchange more than a "Hej", but I am such a fan of hers, so it was a HUGE moment for me. And I am still a little shaky actually... She really is more gorgeous in real life than on pictures.
I am invited to the conference and galla tomorrow night, so I will definitely tell you about my experience tomorrow night or Friday morning, depending on how late I get home from the event.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniemann View Post
I do feel kinda lucky. I still haven't come down from cloud nine since I met her this afternoon. We didn't exchange more than a "Hej", but I am such a fan of hers, so it was a HUGE moment for me. And I am still a little shaky actually... She really is more gorgeous in real life than on pictures.
I am invited to the conference and galla tomorrow night as I am a member of the Danish Chamber of Commerce here in NY. Besides being able to look at my favority royal couple most of the day, I will also be able to do some (hopefully) good networking, so we shall see. I will definitely tell you about my experience tomorrow night or Friday morning, depending on how late I get home from the event.

Wow, I am so excited for you. Hopefully you can talk to them more tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about it.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

Though I appreciate that Mary can try something new from time to time. But I agree with those that have suggested this outfit is a little over the top. One or the other, in my opinion! Either the skirt with a more plain type of blouse or the shirt with a plain black skirt/slacks. One or the other, the way she wore it was just a little to busy for my taste.

Oh and I don't really believe that it's necessarily inappropriate for a princess to wear. On first glance I thought the different pieces were things that Queen Rania might be seen in. The cut and shapes of the pieces seem to be similar to Rania's style, imo.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Courtier

sniemann, i agree. The Princess has got a tiny waist!! I never really noticed before.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Courtier

I saw her outfit up close and I think that was a leather skirt she was wearing. Maybe that explains the heavy belt she was wearing with the sequined top. I thought she looked just lovely. She is so beautiful anything is wonderful on her.

royals.web-log.nl

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, new york, official visit