The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Courtier

I loved the outfit but that belt! Too "heavy" for such a delilcate looking outfit.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Fantastic start with the white coat etc and if Mary had left that belt off the second outfit would have been great too. Sorry but the belt destroys it all, I mean she's not a weight lifter or about to go on a biking trip

Mary in general looks great, happy and healthy. Hope she'll pull off some more fashion highlights during their trip.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I mean she's not a weight lifter or about to go on a biking trip
It's fashion darling! Like it or loathe it, it's fashion

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Commoner

SorryFanletizia, C.P.Mary WAS an australian, she had to relinquish her citizenship when she married Frederick.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonieta View Post
I dont'l like the outfit that crown princess Mary wear at the night event. It makes her older. Sorry imo.
I have to agree with you, I don't care for this outfit on her either. There's just something about the top, belt & skirt that don't blend. Just a thought though, I would have prefered the top and belt with either a pair of jeans (for a concert or something) or the top and belt with a skirt that matched the belt!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Nobility

I think Mary is a great Crown Princess. I must say that I was one that fell for the Charles/Diana love story, but with Fred and Mary it seems like the real thing. I think that she is doing a great job and she always has that royal touch. Great for you Mary! She is doing a great job for Denmark also.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

NYSE Group, Inc. > About Us > News & Events > NYSE Calendar The Crown Prince of Denmark Visits the NYSE

Frederik at the NY stock exchange.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Commoner

Actually I think that she is doing a good job but the job that every crown princess has to to do, without anything of special.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

Mary reveals wish for more children | Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

has a sweet article about mary's visit to the school.
*quote from article
*Princess Mary was swarmed by little girls dressed as princesses. They asked if she was a real princess. She smiled and cooed back at them playfully, "No you are".
thanks for all the links and video. they look fantastic. i don't like the belt with this outfit, it distracts from the detail at the bottom of the top and seems too heavy. i would have wore a thin gold chain belt, but who cares she looks radiant.
i love the fact prince frederik seems to enjoy the attention to his wife, in photos she clearly keeps her focus on him while everyone else is looking at her but he seems to adore watching her shine. it speaks of what a great team they are and his strong sense of self and character.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
I love the outfit. HRH Crown Princess Mary looked great.

Photos courtesy of ANP

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
Me too. I loved the whole outfit! I think the belt tie in the outfit, while adding visual interest. She looks beautiful!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Commoner

Mary's outfit

In the first ANP photograph, the belt is obscured and we get a good idea of how the outfit would have looked sans belt. Better IMO, but I like the idea that she likes to experiment, hence the belt and the look she was aiming for. I have many photographs and I've noticed that she seems to like contrast. Belts, hats, jackets etc. One instance springs to mind, the different colour of her hat when the portrait of her was unveiled.
She and Frederick are doing a great job for Denmark.
Taree
Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Courtier

Oh I LOVE the outfit ! Gorgeous glittery top, and well combined with the skirt, and the belt is such a cool touch to the outfit.

They're doing such a great job.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Thanks lovely photos, and lovely to see!!!
Mary is very pretty and elegant.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Courtier

I like the top, I like the skirt, I like the belt and shoes, just all with something different. all together, it is too much contrast.
If she is going to mix textures, which is great, I personally think it should all be kept on the same color scheme. That way nothing is fighting against each other.
Her outfit does look o.k., but the belt is fighting with the top and the top is fighting with the belt and skirt.
But that is just my opinion.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 PM

I live in NYC and would love to catch a quick glimpse of Fred and/or Mary. Is standing outside the Mandarin my best bet?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

More photos of the couple can be found here from Creative Nation.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
The off-white coat is a DAY Birger & Mikkelsen-Creation, first worn by Mary at Frederiks birthday/75th anniversary of Dannebrog on May 26th

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2007/07052603.jpg
So it seems! The shoes also look very similar to the ones she wore on that occasion..
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

There is a cute pic of Christian back at home in Denmark walking in the palace park with Mary's father and stepmother at the Danish royal watchers website. There is also a short paragraph that is cute to read. Just thought it was sweet! However, I would like to debate whether Ziggy is actually walking like the paragraph says. Seems he enjoys laying down!

I'm enjoying this trip of Fred and Mary's, nice to see some insight as to whom is helping to take care of Christian while they are away.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
So it seems! The shoes also look very similar to the ones she wore on that occasion..
You are right!
These shoes she has worn ith that coat at the mentioned occasion and at Isabellas christening, too

In New York:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/eb6587eb.jpg

75th Anniversary of Dannebrog:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ws/0526071.jpg (couldn't find a better oic at the moment)

Christening of Princess Isabella
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Isabella1.jpg

They are a danish brand, Mermaide shoes, Mermaid Shoes - Designer skomærke af en sjælden omhyggelig og eksklusiv kvalitet
Old 09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueBarbri View Post
I live in NYC and would love to catch a quick glimpse of Fred and/or Mary. Is standing outside the Mandarin my best bet?
i'd think it's the best bet. you might want to look at the front of the thread for the post about time and events and plan accordingly. when to expect them to leave and return, if there's more than one entrance there's the problem of missing them, be polite and ask the doorman (he might not tell you tho) good luck

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, new york, official visit