Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to Germany: February 17-18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cute_girl said:
her stylist should certailnly be awarded but about her skin...mmmm maybe this is what looks nice in west but we, eastern women, dont have as much wrinkles as western women,my mom who is 50 has less wrinkles than CP Mary.

The mysteries of genetics... we can't really do anything about it, apart from having botox injections, which make your face look like frozen. Western women with fair and thin skin like Mary usually start to have wrinkles before their 30's. Eurasian Princess Alexandra, who's 8 years Mary's senior, seems to have less wrinkles than her, that's life!

Frederik and Mary on 2 day visit to Germany
Four-month-old Prince Christian of Denmark made his first trip abroad over the weekend, accompanying his parents on an official visit to Germany........................Little Christian was kept out of sight, but, in accordance with his mother's wishes not to be separated from him even during official tours, he was taken along on the trip....................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/20/maryfrederik/

Photos from HELLO magazine

Attachments

• maryfred-dop1a.jpg
    maryfred-dop1a.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 234
  • maryfred-dop2a.jpg
    maryfred-dop2a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 191
  • maryfred-dop3a.jpg
    maryfred-dop3a.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 283
  • maryfred-dop4a.jpg
    maryfred-dop4a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 472
The black dress is absolutely gorgeous
Mary looks very pretty
I can't believe that one day she used a floral old faced dress, but thanks god
past is past:p

I also liked the dress. I dont know what it is about it but it just has something that I like. Is it just me or does she in that last pic look like the actress Lauren Graham from Gilmore Girls. I think she looks more like her than Vivian Leigh.

cute_girl said:
...but about her skin...mmmm maybe this is what looks nice in west but we, eastern women, dont have as much wrinkles as western women,my mom who is 50 has less wrinkles than CP Mary.
Mary was born in Australia when she is actually Scottish. I don't mean to get medieval here but Scotts were meant to live in Scotland not Australia under that hot, hot Aussie sun. But considering that she's had some early sun damage, she looks radiant. :)

Does anyone know if there have been any changes in the Crown Princely couple's security since the recent troubles between Denmark and militant Muslims? That came to mind when I saw all the photos of the couple working the crowds in Germany.

Another point, one of the things I didn't like about Mary, I now really like: she almost never looks overly princessy (like her former sister-in-law sometimes could). She doesn't seem to model herself after Cinderella or Snow White, but looks like a thoroughly modern woman carving out a unique image for herself.

I think that CP Mary has dressed appropriately for this trip. It's obviously cold and she looks stylish and put together beautifully. I agree that her skin looks amazing. I also think that with her hair so dark, it does make her skin look more luminous.

How long are they or were they in germany for?

sorry Princess Beatrix, to me she looks old!!!

Laviollette said:
Mary was born in Australia when she is actually Scottish. I don't mean to get medieval here but Scotts were meant to live in Scotland not Australia under that hot, hot Aussie sun. But considering that she's had some early sun damage, she looks radiant. :)

She is not Scottish. She is of Scottish descent. She was born and bred in Australia making her Australian. Although she has lived in different countries for short periods of time the majority of her life has been spent in Australia.

I don´t think her better complexion has much to do with less Australian sun. Now that she is CP, she has all the most expensive make-up and make-up artists at her disposal.
Maxima and Alex both have lots of freckles. for example, but when glammed up, they have flawless skin.

Xandra said:
I don´t think her better complexion has much to do with less Australian sun. Now that she is CP, she has all the most expensive make-up and make-up artists at her disposal.
Maxima and Alex both have lots of freckles. for example, but when glammed up, they have flawless skin.

I tend to agree...

btsnyder said:
Does anyone know if there have been any changes in the Crown Princely couple's security since the recent troubles between Denmark and militant Muslims? That came to mind when I saw all the photos of the couple working the crowds in Germany.
The police and the intelligence service have, as always, refused to answer any questions about security surrounding the royal family. Which is wise enough, I suppose. But there can be no doubt that security has been stepped up lately.
Also, the few Danish participants at the winter olympics in Italy were said to be accompanied by plain clothes security officers during the opening ceremony.

thanks for the pics purple platinum, Mary looks really at ease. Black suits her really well.

missjane said:
I think that CP Mary has dressed appropriately for this trip. It's obviously cold and she looks stylish and put together beautifully. I agree that her skin looks amazing. I also think that with her hair so dark, it does make her skin look more luminous.

For me as a German, the choice of dark colours is very suiting the occasion - after all Frederick shows Mary the home country of his family, which is the Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, but as the country had decided to not longer acknowledges the family as nobility in 1918, it is fitting to wear clothes who are a bit at the sombre side, I guess.

While the black dress with the white inserts Mary wore in Hamburg pretty much gave a "Scandinavian" impression. Very nice. While a black evening gown seems fitting for a "medieval" occasion like this dinner.

Jo of Palatine said:
For me as a German, the choice of dark colours is very suiting the occasion - after all Frederick shows Mary the home country of his family, which is the Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, but as the country had decided to not longer acknowledges the family as nobility in 1918, it is fitting to wear clothes who are a bit at the sombre side, I guess.

While the black dress with the white inserts Mary wore in Hamburg pretty much gave a "Scandinavian" impression. Very nice. While a black evening gown seems fitting for a "medieval" occasion like this dinner.

Thanks for your insights Jo of Palatine, I never thought of that possible reason for her wearing black.

Frederik looks so happy with Mary (he'll make a wonderful King!) :) and Mary is simply Gorgeous :D

I find it amazing that Mary and MM, etc., having only married into royalty, seem to conduct themselves flawlessly on these occasions. They don't seem to be under the strain and pressure that we saw with Diana- though to be fair they are older than she was when she began her duties. I give them a lot of credit, they have done a wonderful PR jobs for their respective houses.

qui mal y pense said:
I find it amazing that Mary and MM, etc., having only married into royalty, seem to conduct themselves flawlessly on these occasions. They don't seem to be under the strain and pressure that we saw with Diana- though to be fair they are older than she was when she began her duties. I give them a lot of credit, they have done a wonderful PR jobs for their respective houses.

These women seem to be in fairly happy relationships and regarded as an equal by their partners. This is totally different from Diana, whose circumstances can't have boosted her self-confidence. I agree that their age and previous experience may have helped them, too.

Wonderful as always thos pics. Crown Prince Couple, lovely as they're wherever & whenever they grace any foreign visits.

At the news stand today, i glance though a copy of Women's Day and it has on the cover "Mary's secret tears" or something along those lines. basically, the article went on to say how Mary is lonely and depressed, that the royal family is putting a distance between her and her old aussie pals, choosing for her new and suitable royal friends etc...they even go as far as to describe that Mary rarely smiles in public!

I find this hard to believe when i see pics of her on this recent German trip! Her smiles are as bright as can ever be and she looks happy and content with herself and where she is.

These magazines...can't they just print a nice factual story for once.....

sweettiara said:
Mary looks wonderful and all but are any of the clothes she wore in germany from danish designers

I know the "knitted skirt" is by danish designer Malene Birgers spring/summer 2006 collection.

Eliza said:
At the news stand today, i glance though a copy of Women's Day and it has on the cover "Mary's secret tears" or something along those lines. basically, the article went on to say how Mary is lonely and depressed, that the royal family is putting a distance between her and her old aussie pals, choosing for her new and suitable royal friends etc...they even go as far as to describe that Mary rarely smiles in public!

I find this hard to believe when i see pics of her on this recent German trip! Her smiles are as bright as can ever be and she looks happy and content with herself and where she is.

These magazines...can't they just print a nice factual story for once.....

Woman's Day magazine is not very trustworthy, almost everything they have in that magazine is all false, I wouldnt take what they say seriously at all.

Last edited:
Liva said:
I know the "knitted skirt" is by danish designer Malene Birgers spring/summer 2006 collection.

Yes i love Malene Birgers clothes and Mary does them Justice- Love those pictures & thanks for posting the wonderful photos everyone.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom