Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to Germany: February 17-18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik (R) exchange presents with Hamburg's mayor Ole von Beust (L) prior a dinner in the town hall, 17 February 2006 in Hamburg, northern Germany

from getty

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 381
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 538
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 463
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 430
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Crown Princess Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik (R) exchange presents with Hamburg's mayor Ole von Beust (L) prior a dinner in the town hall, 17 February 2006 in Hamburg, northern Germany

from getty

I was just about to get them, but I see you already posted them. :) Mary does look great in black, doesn't she?

CP Mary looks so lovely and no see baby Prince Christian? if see pictures

Mary looks different. Her face is rounder or fuller. Is it just me or does she look a lot like Lorelai from Gilmore Girls.

Is that the same dress that she wore last year I think at a gala with her wedding tiara and had her hair in a braid I think.

Thank you for the pics!:) She looks very pretty.I am disappointed in her jewelry though.:(

it's a pity the flashes and the light doesn't allow us to see mary's dress better. i think it's a nice outfit, although not my favourite (the gloves and the coat, with that little bit of arm showing looks awkward), she does look really elegant. i really like her with her hair pulled up. it always makes ladies look more elegant, and black, as to many women, certainly does suit her. a nice combination. hope there are better pictures soon!

Princejohnny25 said:
Is that the same dress that she wore last year I think at a gala with her wedding tiara and had her hair in a braid I think.

She wore this same dress to Prince Henrik's birthday celebrations last year.

I've read some complaints on another board that Mary should wear more colour and that she's worn all black so far on this trip.

While I agree that colour is nice, I think mary looks especially good in black. Especially earlier in the day with the suit. With her dark hair and her pale skin, the black suit really stood out and was very flattering on her. It didn't wash her out like it can to some people.

i also think she looked extremely good today. she really surprised me... i have always liked that prada dress she wore for henrik's celebrations. if it's not the same, it really looks like that one (in the photos it looks as if it was another type of fabric).

i wonder what the presents they gave were... :p

From Face to Face, earlier pictures

Attachments

• m7.JPG
    m7.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 303
  • m8.JPG
    m8.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 327
  • m6.JPG
    m6.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 342
  • m5.JPG
    m5.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 341
  • m4.JPG
    m4.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 329
  • m3.JPG
    m3.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 345
  • m9.JPG
    m9.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 333
Look like the collar on her jacket could be detachable. Does anyone else think so?

From Profimedia.cz with smaller watermarks than getty

Attachments

• m0.JPG
    m0.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 283
  • m3.JPG
    m3.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 263
  • m4.JPG
    m4.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 230
  • m5.JPG
    m5.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 401
  • m6.JPG
    m6.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 273
  • m12.JPG
    m12.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 219
  • m13.JPG
    m13.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
More images from polfoto

Attachments

• AP619818_guest.jpg
    AP619818_guest.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 343
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Is this dress really black? I think satin belt or bow near waist is night blue.

Last edited:
More images from getty

Attachments

• 56873614.jpg
    56873614.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 56873616.jpg
    56873616.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 56873617.jpg
    56873617.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 56873618.jpg
    56873618.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 56873619.jpg
    56873619.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 648
  • 56873625.jpg
    56873625.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 56873620.jpg
    56873620.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 293
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

This hairstyle on Mary is very severe. It makes her ears stick out quite dramatically and makes her chin very pointed. The hairstyle that she is wearing at the formal banquet is much softer and more feminine to her face. The above hairstyle is not the most flattering.

Linda 85

AP Photo/Guido Ohlenbostel, Pool
Without watermarks,
Last picture REUTERS/Christian Charisius

Attachments

• mary1.JPG
    mary1.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 492
  • mary2.JPG
    mary2.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 484
  • mary3.JPG
    mary3.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 500
  • mary0.JPG
    mary0.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 445
I'm not a big fan of the stole that she's wearing, but it is a big improvement over the one that she wore with that green dress before she was married.

This one looks alot more full, imo.

I'm always amazed at CP Mary's ability to always look at ease in her surroundings but today she looked a bit stiff and nervous. It was especially obvious in the video clip. Does anyone else think so?

AnaM said:
I'm always amazed at CP Mary's ability to always look at ease in her surroundings but today she looked a bit stiff and nervous. It was especially obvious in the video clip. Does anyone else think so?
I don't think so at all. Mary looks as much at ease as always. The best improvement in her since her marriage though is her make-up. It looks much more natural while at the same time she's wearing less of it. I think there has been an incredible improvement in her skin and its tone. Maybe because she's not subjected to that Australian sun anymore. Denmark may be cold and windy but it's good for skin that's as fair as Mary's. Now her make-up is not a cover-up but brings out the beauty of her luminous skin. :)

I agree with you Linda85.

Mary has a very strong chin and some what long jawline. With her hair swooped over to the side like that it makes her face look too long and angular. The style resembles the hairdo from her engagement period when she wore that gold suit to the Luxembourg dinner (not the purple dress gown, the other one.) Does anyone else know what I am talking about? If her face were oval or square, then the hairstyle would flatter her features more.

Otherwise, she looks nice and much better since the birth of Christian. Her face seems to have rounded out a bit which softens her look when she isn't wearing that harsh hairstyle.

Last edited:
It seems that Mary likes doing this gesture while talking to people during gala dinners. :D

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67110&d=1103196780 (corbis)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=228672&d=1140218616 (getty images)

:D

AnaM said:

I didn't see the video but from the pictures she seems incredibly relaxed. Mary seems to be relaxed at all formal functions she attends. Maybe she's just an easy conversationalist. I can't imagine meeting a ton of new people often and trying to strike up a pleasant conversation while being photographed.:cool: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
This might sound a bit far fetched but she remindes me of a brunette, less taller Nicole Kidman...maybe it's just her mannerisms that remind me of her.

I quite like this dress; it has an understated glamour to it and is very elegant, IMO. I love her jewellery, too. :)

Mary as ever, looks beautiful!
What material are the long evening gloves made from? It looks like leather...

KatieLouise said:
I quite like this dress; it has an understated glamour to it and is very elegant, IMO. I love her jewellery, too. :)
I love her jewellery, too:) I was wondering whether it was from Georg Jensen; have tried to look around at their site to see if I could locate anything that resembles it, without luck unfortunately. In Georg Jensen's 'heritage' products the grapes are often used as a motif.

From Picture Press Europe

Attachments

• m0.JPG
    m0.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 351
  • m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 350
  • m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 324
  • m3.JPG