Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to South Korea: May 10-15, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

This picture reminds me of other similar picture when - I think the concert before the day before wedding when Mary was in a red dress, Frederik looked at her then in the same way .... aaaaa this photo has something beautiful :)

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

This picture reminds me of other similar picture when - I think the concert before the day before wedding when Mary was in a red dress, Frederik looked at her then in the same way .... aaaaa this photo has something beautiful :)

You mean from this concert, right?
http://www.vestegnenssprogcenter.dk/Faelles/nyhedsarkiv/139912_normal.jpg

It's 8 years ago now, but I will never forget how beautiful she was that night!

This picture from today is beautiful too
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Mary+Expo+2012+Yeosu+Begins+LdnjvuT0kAdl.jpg

Last edited:
You mean from this concert, right?
http://www.vestegnenssprogcenter.dk/Faelles/nyhedsarkiv/139912_normal.jpg

It's 8 years ago now, but I will never forget how beautiful she was that night!

This picture from today is beautiful too
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Mary+Expo+2012+Yeosu+Begins+LdnjvuT0kAdl.jpg

Yes, I mean this concert :))))

TV 2 Gallery --> In this gallery you can see another beautiful photos.
I like those in which the article stated CP Frederik and CP Mary show pictures of their children. I can see here how Frederik is proud of his family :) or or maybe it's my imagination ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
We seem to have a very lovey dovey couple on this tour, it's wonderful.
I think these tours are a great opportunity for the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to spend time together...not only being representatives of Denmark...but also to spend some time enjoying each others company as a couple, as husband and wife...after all...they do have 4 children at home!
So it must be nice to have a short break and just be a couple!:lol:

I think these tours are a great opportunity for the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to spend time together...not only being representatives of Denmark...but also to spend some time enjoying each others company as a couple, as husband and wife...after all...they do have 4 children at home!
So it must be nice to have a short break and just be a couple!:lol:

Given their schedule on these types of tours and the accompanying staff members I would guess their alone time is pretty much limited to their hotel at bedtime, the same as at home in the palace.

Bt.dk has a nice gallery with new pictures from today where M+F are wearing helmets. Mary looks pretty cute with her helmet in picture 3 :D

Har du problemer med hjelmen, Mary? | www.bt.dk

Thank you, Roskilde :flowers:

Let's have a look at the captions, they are informative and a good reference point.

#1-4: M&F at Daewoo shipyard. Here three seriously huge containerships are being build for Mærsk. - Mærsk McKinney-Møller didn't live to see them being finished. These ships are considered having reached the profitable limit for containerships in regards to size.
I'm pleased to see that Mary didn't do a Nyrup with her helmet. - Nyrup was a PM here in DK. During an event somewhere he was supposed to ride a bicycle and he was handed a way too small helmet. "Don't worry, no one will notice", he was told. Well, people did notice! Because Nyrup was pedalling away with a tiny helmet on top of his head and since then he was almost always portrayed with a way, way too small helmet on top of his head. - Still is sometimes. :lol:
#2: Notice how windy it is. Frederik is maintaining his balance by keeping his hands in his pockets.....:p

#5-7: M&F at the EXPO exhibition.

#8: M&F at Hotel Yeosu, where they attended a dinner in connection with EXPO 2012.

#9: During the EXPO opening ceremony. Mary is sitting next to the first lady of Peru, Nadine Heredia.

#10: M&F being officially welcomed to Korea by PM Kim Hwong-Sik and wife. - In accordance with the protocol. Frederik is after all only Crown Prince so it's not the President who is welcoming M&F, but the next in line. I.e. the head of the government.

#11-13: Hotel Yeosu and the opening ceremony again. As you can tell Mary wasn't the only one who needed a blanket.

#14-16: Mary had requested a visit to the Samsung Medical Centre, where she visited the neonatal ward and the ward for children with cancer.

#17: M&F and President Lee Myung-Bak and the first lady, Kim Yoon-Ok, whom M&F met during the Korean state visit to DK in 2011. - Notice the syncronized gentlemen.

#18: The iPhone episode, with M&F's children.

#19: I don't know whether the President is always a cheerful gentleman, but he appears to have fun here.

#20: At the Daelim Museum. Admiring Danish furniture design for the past 100 years.

#23: Mary signing the guestbook at the War Memorial.

Last edited:

Thank you, Dazzling :flowers:

That's an extremely interesting video.
According to Frederik himself, he and the President of Korea personally like eachother a lot. - That of course is something that delights Danish commerce. Not least in connection with this visit.

North Korean soldiers (top) keep watch as Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik (R) and Crown Princess Mary (2nd R) visit the truce village of Panmunjom in the demilitarised zone separating the two Koreas in Paju, about 55 km (34 miles) north of Seoul, May 13, 2012.

Daylife.com picture gallery

Newscom 1 ** Newscom 2

Last edited:
An article from Jyllands Posten about M&F's visit to the demarkationline between North and South Korea.
Frederik og Mary i Nordkorea

For those who are not familiar with what is going on there:

A building called T-1 is placed across the demarkation line and here representatives from North Korea occasionally meet representatives from UN, South Korea and USA.
The windows in the building are dirty because they can't even agree on who should clean the windows.
Even during meetings inside the building people are on guard because there have been attempts to drag people across the line into North Korea.

Danish officers stationed in Korea explained the situation to M&F, who had been instructed not to make any sudden gestures that might provoke a reaction from the North Korean soldiers, who were watching them closely and also taking pictures.
An American officer remarked dryly: "The pictures are probably on Kim Jong-un's table before nightfall".

On the way back from the border at Panmunjom, Mary made it clear that the experience had left a deep impression on her. There is no mentioning of what she said.

One of the Danish ministers get poked a bit in this article. Jyllands Posten is a liberal paper in the old definition of the word, I.e. right wing. The Minister, Ole Sohn, was chairman of the Danish Communist Party some 20 years ago, until he saw the light. :p
In that capacity he visited the Soviet Union and also hugged his good friend Erich Honecker. I don't know if he visited North Korea back then but it's possible.
The article mentions that he remained silent during the tour at the border...

it seems risqué to me to send them to such a delicate area, both from a safety point of view and also from a diplomatic one.
i wonder what the aim of the visit to the border was exactly.
nevertheless, it must have been a very interesting experience. it also shocked me how relaxed they and their party of companions seemed to be in such a high risk zone.

More photos from today events:

Kronprinseparret i Sydkorea - sn.dk - Sjællands Nyheder - sn.dk - Danmark

1. The Crown Prince Couple attend the opening of the George Jensen exhibition at Corso Como.
2. Visit 'The Joint Security Area' in the demilitarised zone between South and North Korea.
3. The Crown Prince visits the LEGO Historical Wall at the LEGO Art Gallery, the Olympic Stadium. He will be involved in the placement of the last block on the record-high 'LEGO World's Tower'.

Last edited:
A video from TV2 from the conference barrack on the demarkation line. http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-50353514:frederik-og-mary-filmet-af-nordkorea.html
The zone between the two countries is litterally packed with mines and unexploded ammunition.
Mary talks about her impression about halfway into the video: "I think it's a very indescribable feeling you get. It stirs your stomach. There is a lot of tension (*) in the air, which is a bit difficult to describe, but it's strange to think that in this globalized world that such an isolated country exists and that's sad".
The Danish officer in green camuflage who is explaining the situation to the jounalist is the naval officer from the War Memorial.

(*) A funny detail. She pronounced the word "tension" in Danish, even though that word doesn't exist in Danish. The Danish word is "spænding". Apart from this little slip, everything she said was perfectly correct, also grammatically.

Last edited:
An article and gallery from BT of M&F at an exhibition called: Muses.
Mary og Frederik kigger på damer i Korea - Mode & skønhed | www.bt.dk

It's the designer Peter Jensen, who is behind this.

The exhibition is, and I quote the article:
Muses is a retrospective journey into a man's subconsiousness, all the way into the mind, where dreams and urges are materialised. As such Muses is a tribute to all women, real as well as fictitious, who have inspired the designer Peter Jensen throughout his work and over eighteen collections.

- (By now most men have gone blank in the head, including Frederik. Judging from Frederik, he looks to me like any other man who by accident have been dragged into a fashion store and who is now passing time while his wife is browsing. :p)

Mary on the other hand was very enthusiastic, says the article.

Last edited:
I hope they have a Happy Anniversary!!!

come on, he was exiting a car and fixing his suit when the picture was taken

all other photos show the suit to be proper length and not "high water" :whistling:

Some will not consider the obvious of the real situation. They will just jump to a conclusion of what "they want" it to be to demean someone. Happens all the time. It is more fun to nit pick everything apart and make snide comments. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
11:30 - The Crown Princess will participate in a food demonstration alongside the owner of Michelin-star winning restaurant AOC, Christian Arøe, at the Grand Hyatt.

And a gallery of Frederik & Mary's today events from sn.dk

16:00
The Crown Prince Couple attend the opening of the Danish film festival 'Crown of Danish Film' at the Cinemateque. They will be greeted by the South Korean Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism, Mr Kwang-Shik Choe. They will then view an exhibition of Danish film posters.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=41751703

the short clip. :)

Last edited:
Yes a very happy wedding anniversary to Frederik and Mary!
I hope they had time to celebrate it a little bit though they have been busy all day.

According to this video with journalist Anna Johansen from Billed Bladet, Frederik in front of 800 people began his speech today by thanking his wife for 8 wonderful years :wub:

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsparrets næstsidste dag i Korea

A gallery from today from tv2.dk

TV 2 Gallery

I hope they had time to celebrate it a little bit though they have been busy all day.

According to this video with journalist Anna Johansen from Billed Bladet, Frederik in front of 800 people began his speech today with thanking his wife for 8 wonderful years :wub:

That's so sweet. :)
With eight years and four kids behind them, it can definitely be said the marriage has been a success.

According to this video with journalist Anna Johansen from Billed Bladet, Frederik in front of 800 people began his speech today by thanking his wife for 8 wonderful years :wub:

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsparrets næstsidste dag i Korea

That's a nice touch. I'm sure it was appreciated, also by the crowd.

16:00
The Crown Prince Couple attend the opening of the Danish film festival 'Crown of Danish Film' at the Cinemateque. They will be greeted by the South Korean Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism, Mr Kwang-Shik Choe. They will then view an exhibition of Danish film posters.

Daum tv

the short clip. :)

Thank you for the clip, Sungmi
and congratulations on your first post. :flowers:

I see you are from South Korea, perhaps you can tell us a bit about the large drum from the first day of M&F's visit? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom