Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Iceland: May 5-8, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she does marymaxima. It seems it´s cold in Icelad!
What are they eating?

Dazzling....love your avatar.!

Last edited:
Thank you all who gave us the links of photo´s and video's.
Good work!

Paty:

you already know what I think of you...

YOU ARE MARVELLOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she look fantastic !!! i love her style !

The pictures are wonderful, finally we see some connection between them. They don't show their affection often, they don't have to but it's nice to see it's there. What strikes me a bit is that it's called an "Official Visit" but from what we see it could well be a personal holiday including photographer. I really like what I see but I am missing abit the working part or purpose.

Duke of Marmalade
The pictures are wonderful, finally we see some connection between them. They don't show their affection often, they don't have to but it's nice to see it's there. What strikes me a bit is that it's called an "Official Visit" but from what we see it could well be a personal holiday including photographer. I really like what I see but I am missing abit the working part or purpose.
It's called an official visit because they are there on the invitation of the Icelandic President (and you can see that he and his wife accompanied the royal couple everywhere), just as they were e.g. in Schlesvig-Holstein on the invitation of the Minister President or in Romania on the invitation of the Romanian President.
It's not a commercial/cultural mission like the trip to New York or to the EXPO in Japan or a trip related to a patronage like the one to Slovenia.
They are there to strenghten the bilateral relations with a country which once was a Danish colony (therefore the relation is sometimes a bit troubled) and still has many connections with DK. That's their work.
If you would have a closer look at their agenda you would see that they visited certain places for certain reasons/purposes: they emphasize the connection between Iceland and DK.

:flowers:

If you would have a closer look at their agenda you would see that they visited certain places for certain reasons/purposes: they emphasize the connection between Iceland and DK.

For example...?

It's called an official visit because they are there on the invitation of the Icelandic President (and you can see that he and his wife accompanied the royal couple everywhere), just as they were e.g. in Schlesvig-Holstein on the invitation of the Minister President or in Romania on the invitation of the Romanian President.
It's not a commercial/cultural mission like the trip to New York or to the EXPO in Japan or a trip related to a patronage like the one to Slovenia.
They are there to strenghten the bilateral relations with a country which once was a Danish colony (therefore the relation is sometimes a bit troubled) and still has many connections with DK. That's their work.

Thanks ricarda I was comparing to NY last year, there was a much tighter professional programme. Good that they do this trip together!

For example...?
For example:
2 schools: they were informed about the school's Danish lessons/Danish Days (until 5 years ago Danish was officially the second language, but now English is the second language teached in schools, Danish is getting less important)
historical places (The Old Parliament) or exhibitons (Saga): they have a lot of history in common
design center: Icelandic designers are very much present at CIFF (Mary's patronage)
The walk through the geysir area was actually a program with the Danish-Icelandic Chamber of Commerce.
The Old Church in Eyrarbakki has an altar painting which was painted by Queen Louise.
And so on...

Last edited:
They don't show their affection often

I'd have to disagree. Frederik and Mary are one of the more publically effectionate couples, from what I've seen.

I think it is nice to have those semi-oficial trips, to tight relations is the best thing to do, to have informal mettings, to chat to travel...

Wow!!

Thank you everybody for all the links and videos you've put up you are so wonderful for doing this!!!
They are an amazing couple.
One of the most affectionate couples, within the royal block I must admit.
Wonder where they'll go next.
x:wub:

What i love is how comfortable they are with one another, even though the world is watching. They laugh and joke and share special moments, without a care about who is watching. And that, is love. Who dosen't want what these two have? I have really enjoyed seeing them together this trip.

this is really a great shot of mary! http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2008/05/07/danish-royal-iceland/imgs/danish-royals-8a.jpg

i also loved the jacket. i believed she used it before, didn't she? looks really familiar. any ideas about the designer? it's lovely!

iceland also seems a lovely place. i really liked the natural warm baths they show in the pictures!
I know she wore this jacket for the photoshoot in the park at christmas last year. I don't know how to link the photos, sorry! But it is definately the same jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they both look so happ and healthy!

What i love is how comfortable they are with one another, even though the world is watching. They laugh and joke and share special moments, without a care about who is watching. And that, is love. Who dosen't want what these two have? I have really enjoyed seeing them together this trip.
I fully share your opinion. I have never paid much attention to this Crown Princely couple, but I shall do after this particular visit. Crown Prince Frederic and Crown Princess Mary truly enjoy each other company, respect each other, and feel comfortable together. I dare to say that this is what love is about...:wub::wub: The photos posted is a clear proof of the aforementioned.

I just have to jump on the bandwagon and add my voice. This couple is so totally amazing. They obviously are very much in love and very close. These two have what everyone wants, a close, secure, loving relationship. And they aren't ashamed to show us what they've got. Gotta luv 'em!:wub::wub:

Cat

BTW Mary looks fantastic, as always. I still want to raid her shoe closet!:D

Mary also has a great profile. The camera seems to capture her loveliness at all angles.

Ok, I have been going back through all of this thread looking at all the pics and videos and have to say thank you to all who find these wonderful things. Secondly, and i might be going off on a tangent and get into trouble, but could Mary possibly be expecting? Just a thought, have a good look at some photos and you will see where i am coming from.

What strikes me a bit is that it's called an "Official Visit" but from what we see it could well be a personal holiday including photographer. I really like what I see but I am missing abit the working part or purpose.

I agree that this seems more like a holiday with the photographers invited along. I looked over the schedule and none of it was all that impressive to me. Sorry but it wasn't! I just can't seem to totally get on the Fred and Mary bandwagon. My feelings towards them go back and forth all the time. They just lack something in my opinion and they seem to always be so aware of the many angles of the cameras!

Sorry, but I'm trying to be honest, I understand I will likely be hated as no one wants to hear a bad thing about these two. Not that I really said anything bad about them.

Ok, I have been going back through all of this thread looking at all the pics and videos and have to say thank you to all who find these wonderful things. Secondly, and i might be going off on a tangent and get into trouble, but could Mary possibly be expecting? Just a thought, have a good look at some photos and you will see where i am coming from.

I think that there has already been some recent speculation on this topic recently, but at the moment its no more than that.
Sorry I cant remember which thread - maybe her current events???? I dont have the time to check right now

I agree that this seems more like a holiday with the photographers invited along. I looked over the schedule and none of it was all that impressive to me.
The schedule wasn't much different 4 years ago when the CP Couple of Norway was in Iceland on the invitation of the President (just not quite as tight since they had 6 month old Ingrid with them).
They too visited touristic places and places which emphasize the connection between Iceland and Norway.
So, obviously that's how official visits are handled in Iceland/Scandinavia.

I think it is wonderful to schedule a visit this way because it is mucht more informal and stressful for them although they are working it is a very nice way to be working and to tight relations between both contries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom