Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Iceland: May 5-8, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Mary's dress was something different and beautiful in that own way. It's good that Mary is wearing different styles and it's suits her. I think that something more formal hadn't been so good but this dress seems for me like fresh breath or something like that :)

Last edited:
Thank you the extra pictures Paty! :flowers: Finally, a nice view of Mary's gown - and I can't say I'm too impressed by it. The skirt is nice, the top really let's it down though.

I'm going out on a limb, I really like the dress!:ohmy: I know, surprising but true. It is quite ethereal. I love how floaty it is.:wub:

I also love the photo of Fred looking at the artwork.

I'm going out on a limb, I really like the dress!:ohmy: I know, surprising but true. It is quite ethereal. I love how floaty it is.:wub:
:eek: I think I must have been channelling you over on the Mary nighttime fashion thread. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But I agree, I too also love the photo of Fred looking at the artwork. ;)

Thank you Paty for the wonderful pictures. Unfortunately I found something I really hate in her evening ensemble. The shoes! Those nasty, pointy, elongated monstrosities! The look like some deadly weapons. Ugh. :D

The First Lady of Iceland seems like a real character, does anyone know in short her bio? she is definitly not a native of Iceland...

i loved mary's dress! i thought it looked superb (although as GT said, maybe a bit too much for a petite person) and the make up was perfect. it really highlighted mary's eye colour.

Thanks Paty for all the great photos. I really like the evening dress and love Mary's hair and makeup.

I really think the dress was a bit too mucht for the ocassion, really something more simple will be fine, to me was too mucht, I also think the dress was too long for her, sometimes it looks like she was going to stumble on the dress, way too big :eek:for her.

The evening gown was lovely, but the waistline ruined it. What was up with the seeming bulging shirttail effect? I really liked the neckline with the layers of tulle and organdy that softened the hard black line.

Love her red coat for riding and love to see her in her jeans, she looks really trendy!

Great pictures, thanks everyone! I love the ones on horseback. Not to fond of the dress she wore to dinner though, it does absolutely nothing for her figure!

Nice pictures! Finally today with the horseback riding we got to see Mary in a different color. I thought her arrival outfit was nice but didn't much like the color. It kind of drowns her out. As for the evening dress, once again similar color tones to the early part of the day. I agree with Lady Bluffton, that the waistline ruined it somewhat for me. It was a unique dress and I liked aspects of it but the waistline area was weird.

Well I'm of two minds about the dress. I think GT (think thats who it was) said that the style of dress was too much for someone petite as Mary and in some photos I agree that it almost does look a bit much. I am pleased to see a princess wearing something which to me is just a little different, although I'm not sure of the occassion.
Overall, I think that it is a nice change, I like it.

Well, I do give her credit for breaking out of the mold of expectation. But in the end, I'm not fond of the dress that's all... and that's okay. I cannot be pleased all the time; in fact, it's very hard to impress me. Unfortunately.:ermm:;)

Moving on, Royals Web Log has some fantastic close up shots of the dress such as these: [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Crown%20Prince%20Frederik%20and%20Crown%20Princess%20Mary/mary_gala.jpg"]One[/URL], [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Crown%20Prince%20Frederik%20and%20Crown%20Princess%20Mary/gorgeous.jpg"]two[/URL], and [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Crown%20Prince%20Frederik%20and%20Crown%20Princess%20Mary/lief.jpg"]three[/URL].
images courtesy of Royals Web Log and rehosted. So thank you very much.:flowers:

Last edited:
I loved the dress, it wasn't too floaty or ballerina type dress.
It looked wonderful on her.
I think the high heels compensated for the height??
It's lovely getting to see them doing what they like on a formal trip??
anyone know whats on the scheduele for tommorow?
R
x

I thought Mary looked really good on arrival, and she seems to look great today, but I absolutely do not like the dress. Way too blah and shapeless for me.

I did not like the evening dress at all. The top looked strange with that tuck-in idea, the skirt was too bulky. I think it was a disaster.I have seen better evening dress on her before.

I love the purple turtleneck with the jeans and boots and that black jacket is to die for. So trendy but effortless. Great pictures. Thanks everyone.

Mary is very beautiful and I like her gala outfit a lot.

I love her casual outfit and I thought her evening gown was something different and she carried it off well. She has the height, figure and grace and looks beautiful in whatever she wears!

I wonder, do the royal ladies travel with their make-up and hairstylist with them on every overseas tour?

CP Mary has great hair and it often reminds me of Queen Silvia.

I love the texture and print of the dress, but I don't like the way the top of it is cut. Her hair and makeup are amazingly beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom