The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Here is a Video from today while horse back riding. Mary looks lovely & ready to go off.
A picture via ANP of Frederik & Mary on horses

Old 05-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I really think the dress was a bit too mucht for the ocassion, really something more simple will be fine, to me was too mucht, I also think the dress was too long for her, sometimes it looks like she was going to stumble on the dress, way too big for her.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Nobility

The evening gown was lovely, but the waistline ruined it. What was up with the seeming bulging shirttail effect? I really liked the neckline with the layers of tulle and organdy that softened the hard black line.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Love her red coat for riding and love to see her in her jeans, she looks really trendy!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Commoner

Is it just me, or does Crown Prince Frederik looks very much alike his maternal grandfather (King Frederik IX) in this picture?

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00203508.jpg
Old 05-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahato View Post
Is it just me, or does Crown Prince Frederik looks very much alike his maternal grandfather (King Frederik IX) in this picture?

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00203508.jpg

Agree with you Mahato He looks very much like his grandfather in the picture
Old 05-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

Great pictures, thanks everyone! I love the ones on horseback. Not to fond of the dress she wore to dinner though, it does absolutely nothing for her figure!
Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Nice pictures! Finally today with the horseback riding we got to see Mary in a different color. I thought her arrival outfit was nice but didn't much like the color. It kind of drowns her out. As for the evening dress, once again similar color tones to the early part of the day. I agree with Lady Bluffton, that the waistline ruined it somewhat for me. It was a unique dress and I liked aspects of it but the waistline area was weird.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I'm of two minds about the dress. I think GT (think thats who it was) said that the style of dress was too much for someone petite as Mary and in some photos I agree that it almost does look a bit much. I am pleased to see a princess wearing something which to me is just a little different, although I'm not sure of the occassion.
Overall, I think that it is a nice change, I like it.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I do give her credit for breaking out of the mold of expectation. But in the end, I'm not fond of the dress that's all... and that's okay. I cannot be pleased all the time; in fact, it's very hard to impress me. Unfortunately.

Moving on, Royals Web Log has some fantastic close up shots of the dress such as these: One, two, and three.
images courtesy of Royals Web Log and rehosted. So thank you very much.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Such a lovely couple.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I loved the dress, it wasn't too floaty or ballerina type dress.
It looked wonderful on her.
I think the high heels compensated for the height??
It's lovely getting to see them doing what they like on a formal trip??
anyone know whats on the scheduele for tommorow?
R
x
Old 05-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Mary looked really good on arrival, and she seems to look great today, but I absolutely do not like the dress. Way too blah and shapeless for me.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:41 PM

I did not like the evening dress at all. The top looked strange with that tuck-in idea, the skirt was too bulky. I think it was a disaster.I have seen better evening dress on her before.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Courtier

I love the purple turtleneck with the jeans and boots and that black jacket is to die for. So trendy but effortless. Great pictures. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Nobility

Mary is very beautiful and I like her gala outfit a lot.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Courtier

I love her casual outfit and I thought her evening gown was something different and she carried it off well. She has the height, figure and grace and looks beautiful in whatever she wears!

I wonder, do the royal ladies travel with their make-up and hairstylist with them on every overseas tour?

CP Mary has great hair and it often reminds me of Queen Silvia.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Another video segmentfrom today's event. I must say Iceland's first lady is a riot! It's like nobody else exists except her. Nada. No one. Just her. It's her world and you are just living in it...so cool...
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the texture and print of the dress, but I don't like the way the top of it is cut. Her hair and makeup are amazingly beautiful.

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, iceland, official visit