Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to China: December 6-8, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kongehuset has confirmed the China trip:

"Between the 6th-8th December 2012, the Crown Prince Couple will visit China, specifically Hong Kong and Beijing. The visit's focus is commercial and cultural activities, which aim to strengthen the bilateral relations between Denmark and China."

Kronprinsparret aflægger officielt besøg i Kina - Kongehuset

The thread of the Official Visit to China is closed. I post the link of the official program here

Thursday, 6 December
Hong Kong

Business of Design Week
Kl. 8.50
Royal Couple is responsible for the official opening of the Fashion Fair Business of Design Week (BoDW) at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. HRH Crown Prince keeps talking.
Hong Kong Trade Development Council

Kl. 9.35
Crown Prince attends the opening of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council World SME Expo and Hong Kong Inno Design Tech Expo (IDT Expo) at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. World SME Expo presents various business opportunities including Chinese trading strategies, IT and e-business. IDT Expo is an innovation exhibition where new technological design solutions are presented.

Design Society Denmark
Kl. 10.20
The Crown Prince Couple is responsible for the official opening of the Danish pavilion "Design Society Denmark" on BoDW. HRH Crown Princess makes a speech. After opening visiting Crown Prince 25 Danish companies' booths in the Danish pavilion.

Pandora

Kl. 14.45
Crown Prince visits the Danish jewelery company Pandora's new store in the mall Hysan Place.

Carl Hansen & Son

Kl. 15.30
The Crown Prince Couple presented in Victoria Harbour for a selection of Carl Hansen & Son furniture and the company's strategy in relation to Hong Kong and China.

Georg Jensen

Kl. 17.00
Crown Prince visits the Danish jewelery and design firm Georg Jensen store in the mall IFC Mall.

Gala Dinner

Kl. 20.00
The Crown Prince Couple participate at the Danish Commerce gala dinner at Hong Kong Parkview. Crown Prince keeps talking.

Friday 7 December

INDEX: AWARD 2011 exhibition

Kl. 10.30
The Crown Prince Couple is responsible for the opening of the exhibition INDEX: Award 2011 by the Danish NGO INDEX: Design to Improve Life. The exhibition shows the winners and finalists of the INDEX: Award, which has been exhibited all over the world. Crown Prince keeps talking.

Food Event

Kl. 12.00
The Crown Prince Couple participate in food event at FINDS restaurant (Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish) with the Danish food, Danish Crown and the Danish brewery Mikkeller.

B & O

Kl. 14.00
The Crown Prince Couple visit the Bang & Olufsen store at Pacific Place in Admiralty. Crown Prince presented to the Danish electronics company's product development and Bang & Olufsen partners.

Saturday 8 Dec.
Beijing

Red Brick Contemporary Art Museum

Kl. 9.00
Crown Prince inspect the new Red Brick Contemporary Art Museum in Beijing and presented including an installation by Olafur Eliasson, an exhibition of Michael Kvium, a sculpture by Christian Lemmerz and the museum's main exhibition by Erik A. Frandsen.

Faurschou Foundation

Kl. 10.00
Crown Prince visits the Danish gallery Faurschou Foundation in 798 International Arts District and presented the exhibition "Alone and together" with works by Louise Bourgeois.

LEGO Education Centre

Kl. 11.00
Crown Prince visits LEGO Education Centre and is responsible for kick-off event for LEGO competition "Build your world". Crown Prince marks with the director of LEGO in China Esben Strong Jorgensen start of the competition.

Arla

Kl. 12.15
The Crown Prince Couple participate in the launch of Arla's new product in China, UHT (long-life) milk, at the Danish Embassy in Beijing. Following the launch attends the royal couple a Danish mejerikok cook a meal.

My Danish Footprint in China

Kl. 14.00
Crown Prince presented to the Danish Embassy in Beijing's CSR initiative "My Danish Footprint in China". Crown Princess makes a speech. Subsequently attend royal couple a battle between the Danish badminton player Peter Gade and the Chinese badminton player Bao Chunlai.

Fashion Event

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread of Frederik and Mary's official visit to China is closed, so I will write it here instead.

Marika86 has kindly posted the official programme. Thank you Marika :flowers:
But I saw that a part of the program from Saturday was missing. So here is the entire program from Saturday:

Saturday, 8 December

Beijing

Red Brick Contemporary Art Museum
The Crown Prince Couple inspect the new Red Brick Contemporary Art Museum in Beijing are shown, among other things, an installation by Olafur Eliasson, an exhibition by Michael Kvium, a sculpture by Christian Lemmerz and the museum’s main exhibition by Erik A. Frandsen.

Faurschou Foundation
The Crown Prince Couple visit the Danish gallery Faurschou Foundation in 798 International Arts District and see the exhibition ”Alone and together” displaying works by Louise Bourgeois.

LEGO Education Centre
The Crown Prince Couple visit LEGO Education Centre and preside over the kick-off event for the LEGO competition “Build your world”. The Crown Prince and LEGO’s director in China, Esben Stærk Jørgensen, mark the competition’s start.

Arla
The Crown Prince Couple take part in the launch of Arla’s new product in China, UHT (long shelf life) milk, at the Danish embassy in Beijing. After the launch, the Crown Prince Couple watch a dairy chef prepare a meal.

My Danish Footprint in China
The Crown Prince Couple are introduced to the Danish Embassy in Beijing’s CSR initiative ”My Danish Footprint in China”. The Crown Princess delivers a speech. Afterwards, the Crown Prince Couple watch a match between Danish badminton player Peter Gade and Chinese badminton player Bao Chunlai.

Fashion event
The Crown Prince Couple attend the Danish Embassy’s event participated in by the three Danish fashion companies Kopenhagen Fur, LINDBERG and House of Amber. The Crown Prince Couple watch a fashion show and are introduced to the companies’ charity initiatives.

Gala dinner
The Crown Prince Couple take part in a gala dinner at Kempinski Hotel. The Crown Prince delivers a speech.

The couple's visit has started today, December 6:

As their first engagement Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visited the Business of Design Week exhibition in Hong Kong.

Thank you, iceflower :flowers:

I love this picture of Frederik and Mary. Mary's smile to Frederik is very sweet. Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

BT has articles and a great gallery
Article: Inspireret Kronprins: Var det noget Mary? - Royale | www.bt.dk
Gallery: Se billederne: Mary og Frederik så på design i Hong Kong | www.bt.dk

Article two: http://www.bt.dk/kvinder.bt.dk/kronprinsesse-mary-i-hongkong-med-ny-frisure

And Billedbladet has an article and picture too :)

Billed-Bladet - Se kronprinsesse Mary i Hongkong med ny frisure

Thanks for the pics :flowers:

It's a nice hairstyle Mary has, it suits her.

The model of an environmentally benign town is interesting. City-planning is something the Chinese are very much interested in and as they intend to drastically reduce the urban pollution in particular (it has become hazardly high) and DK has a lot of experience in environmentally friendly solutions this model may be the must important part of the exhibition.

I also noticed that Chinese security kept very close to Frederik - along with two PET officers.

thanks everyone for the pictures.
there program looks full. this time they do not have separate events.
I feel Frederik and Mary make a good representation at these type of trips

That's a very charming Asian lady. If I'm not mistaken she's the wife of a Danish ambassador and as such M&F have met her before. I can't remember her origin, but I don't think she's Chinese.

ADDED: She can't be. I very much doubt an ambassador's wife would walk around with a sign from Georg Jensen. - But she's still charming though...

Last edited:
Very nice pics. I'm always impressed by how fresh the royals look after these long plane trips.

Great pics, thanks all for posting.

It is always great to see Mary and Frederik on these visits they are such a charming couple. They were interested in all they saw, I like this some others do not seem to be interested when making such visits.
Mary looks elegant and the colour really suits her, love the new hair stlye.
Mary is such a lovely princess.

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik (L) and Crown Princess Mary (R) pose for pictures in the street in the busy shopping area of Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China, 07 December 2012. The Danish royal couple are in China from 05 to 09 December 2012, visiting Hong Kong and Beijing.

APA

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

thank you for the pics
love the look Frederik gives Mary :wub:

:previous: Thanks, Fairy Tale :flowers:

The videos fortunately focused on Mary, because in the clips Frederik looked uncomfortable (and probably was).
I would wish he would work a little more with his bodylanguage. Sometimes it's charming and refreshing when he puts his hands in his pockets all the time. But hands in his pockets and his arms folded across his chest, that to me came across as a bit stand-offish.
Put something in his hands, an iPad or anything, just keep his hands occupied.

Is it just me, or was there a couple of Danish tones in Mary's pronounciation in the speech she gave?

Last edited:
:previous:thanks for the pictures. :flowers:
You can tell that when Frederik doesn't cross his arms or put them in his pockets his has a tendency to touch the things on display;)
I think no matter how hard he works at it some people will always have some nervous ticks, like playing with their cuffs or the buttons of their suits :flowers:

On the official DRF website there is a picture from the gala last night, along with other photos

Officielt besøg i Kina - Kongehuset

A picture just for you Muhler, no hands in pockets :flowers:;)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-i9yjC5AM4aQ/UMDL2dJYpsI/AAAAAAAAYUU/UYiHxwlQ16M/s1600/foto%C4%9Fraf+4+%281%29.JPG

Frederik may lack in body language but i think his smile and him being attentive to those around him, make up for it:flowers:. It seems he puts the people around him at ease and charms the businessmen ;)
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/denmar...ong-kong-chief-executive-photo-053430808.html

I think i sport Mary's lady-in-waiting Caroline in the back

Thanks for all the nice pictures from China :flowers:

I am so in love with the fabulous brooch Mary is wearing on her dark blue jacket. Looks like a vintage Georg Jensen brooch.

Oh my I loved how Prince Frederik look at Mary soo cute & warm glances ,,, Princess Mary looks pretty elegant ,, Both outfits are nice lovely & suits her so well ,,, liked her hairdo very nice on her . Thank you for posting :) .

Day 3 pictures via reuters. Mary looking great in her recycled red coat.

The Crown Prince Couple inspect the new Red Brick Contemporary Art Museum in Beijing and are shown, among other things, an installation by Olafur Eliasson, an exhibition by Michael Kvium, a sculpture by Christian Lemmerz and the museum main exhibition by Erik A. Frandsen.

:previous:thank you dazzling for the pics of the 3rd day:flowers:

Both look great. love their coats

Thanks for the many pictures.

It's heartwarming to see how Frederik obviously admire his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom