Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Chile: March 10-15, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Announcment

THE ROYAL COUPLE WILL PAY A STATE VISIT TO CHILE

At the invitation of President of Chile, His Excellency Sebastián Piñera Echenique and Mrs Cecilia Morel Montes shall Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort state visit to Chile on 11 - 14 March 2013.​

Last edited by a moderator:

It's been announced today, February 9, that Queen Magrethe has to cancel the planned state visit to Chile due to an osteoarthritis. Instead of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will travel to Chile in March - therefore it'll be an official visit instead.

** source: kongehuset.dk: Regentparret ikke til Chile ** translation **

Last edited:
From what they write at kongehuset.dk, it looks like the visit has indeed been changed from a state visit ("statsbesøg") to "just" an official visit ("officielt besøg").
It's a shame and I feel sorry for QMII; my own grandmother has osteoarthritis and it's very painful.

Hope the Queen feels better. Im sure Frederik and Mary will do a great job (they usually do a fine job on these type of official visits)

It can not be a state visit unless the head of state is visiting.Substitutes does not count.

Program for the Visit to Chile

Sunday March 10
The Crown Prince Couple arrive at the airport in Santiago.

12:30:
The Crown Prince Couple visit the Quebrada de Macul nature park and take part in a trek through the park.
20:00: The Crown Prince Couple, accompanied by the Danish delegation, attend a dinner hosted by the Danish Ambassador to Chile, Lars Steen Nielsen, at El Meson Nerudiano.

Monday March 11
10:50
: The Crown Prince Couple attend a wreath-laying ceremony at the Libertador General Bernardo O'Higgins monument.

11:50:
The Crown Prince Couple have an audience with the Mayor of Santiago, Carolina Toha, at Escuela Vicuna Mackenna. They will be presented with a key to the city.
13:00: The Crown Prince Couple have a private audience with the President of Chile, Sebastian Pinera, and his wife, Cecilia Morel, at the Presidential Palace, La Moneda.
14:00: The Crown Prince Couple, accompanied by the Danish delegation, attend a lunch hosted by the Chilean Foreign Minister, Alfredo Moreno, at the Salon del Cafe.
18:40: The Crown Prince Couple will visit the Grundfos Industrial Park in Colina and will inaugurate the new quality control pumps. This will be followed by a meeting with Grundfos Chile's managing director, Guillermo Wehmann, and then a reception.

Tuesday March 12
09:40:
The Crown Prince, accompanied by representatives of relevant Danish companies, will visit the Clinica Alemana private hospital.
10:40: The Crown Princess will visit a school which has a 'Danish' children's library in Valparaiso.
12:10: The Crown Prince Couple visit Pablo Neruda's house to view a poetry project completed by Danish and Chilean poets. They will visit Neruda's grave following the visit.
15:25: The Crown Prince Couple visit the Maersk Container Industry in San Antonio, where they will inspect the location of a future plant built by the company.
20:00: The Crown Prince Couple attend the opening of an exhibition by Asger Jorn at the Museo de Bella Artes.
21:00: The Crown Prince Couple attend a cultural dinner hosted by the Danish Embassy at the Museo de Bella Artes.

Wednesday March 13
09:15: The Crown Prince is present at the opening of a business seminar attended by Danish and Chilean companies at the Hotel Grand Hyatt.
10:30: The Crown Princess is present at the opening of the "Human Rights Education = Human Rights in Education?" conference at the Museo de la Memoria. She will then visit a new exhibition at the museum showcasing the human rights violations which occurred in Chile during the 1973-1990 dictatorship.
13:30: The Crown Prince Couple, accompanied by the Danish business delegation, attend a lunch at the Hotel Grand Hyatt. The Crown Prince will present HRH Prince Henrik's Medal of Honour.
15:25: The Crown Prince Couple visit the Chilean Cultural Board, DIBAM, where they will witness the signing of an agreement between Denmark and Chile on the exchange of museum curators.
15:50: The Crown Prince Couple attend an architecture symposium at DIBAM.
20:00: The Crown Prince Couple attend an official dinner held to mark the visit to Chile at the Club de la Union.

Thursday March 14
12:45:
The Crown Prince Couple visit FLSmidth and inaugurate the new 'SuperCentre' for spare parts and customer service in the Atacama Desert.
16:00: The Crown Prince Couple visit the European Southern Observatory in Paranal.

Friday March 15
10:50: The Crown Prince Couple inaugurate the Gaby-mine solar systems which are currently under construction and will be the world's largest.

As the Chile-thread isn't open yet, I will post it here.

Here is an article from sn.dk, which tells us about the intention with the visit in Chile. I'm not good enough to English to translate, perhaps you can use Google Translate. But the article says that 55 Danish companies traveling together with The Crown Prince Couple.
Med de kongelige til nye markeder - sn.dk - sn.dk - Lokal - Hillerød

And then I just took a look at the upcoming week's weather in Chile and judging by the weather forecast Mary may be jump in her most airy summer dresses. It looks like it will be some hot days :cool:
BBC Weather : Santiago

Mary and Frederik have now arrived in Santiago, Chile :flowers:

Billed Bladet's journalists in Chile has been quick with an article and tells us that F+M landed in Santiago this morning (Chilean time) after a flight of 24 hours :coffee:

Despite the long flight the couple told they looked forward to the visit which will begin now...

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprins-frederik-og-mary-ankommet-til-chile

First glimpse of M+F in Chile

Video clip from their trek in the mountains
Frederik og Mary på bjergvandring - TV 2 Nyhederne

Last edited:
Thanks Roskilde, was just to post the same link.

Looking forward to the trip always enjoy these visits. Mary and Frederik look great, hope we get to see more on them on their trek in the nature park.

Looking forward to all the pic of this trip. Chile is an interesting country.

The couple look quite tired especially at the dinner. Well, who won't after a long trip. Im sure they're enjoying the weather as it is much warmer then Denmark. Thanks for the pictures everyone.

Thanks for pics :flowers:

By reading the Danish media I can understand that M+F's first day in Chile was of a more private character. Maybe a recover from jet lag day ;-)
The "real" official visit will begin today.
The Danish media might not have their facts straight....
Both events are in the official programme. The dinner is for the CP couple and the Danish business delegation (about 50 companies), hosted by the Danish ambassador.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links.

BT has some photos also plus some from the dinner.
Mary looks really lovely and has worn a black recycled dress.

[URL="http://www.bt.dk/royale/se-billederne-her-er-mary-og-frederik-paa-trekking-i-andesbjergene"]www.bt.dk/royale/se-billederne-her-er-mary-og-frederik-paa-trekking-i-andesbjergene[/URL]

Yes I remember that dress from several dinners too, but I can't remember when? Mary's shorts and belt can I remember all way back from the couple's visit to Australia shortly after their wedding ;)

Article and gallery from Berlingske Tidende (one of our more big and serious newspaper)

Article:
http://www.b.dk/globalt/frederik-og-mary-begyndte-chile-besoeg-paa-toppen

Gallery:
http://www.b.dk/billedserier/frederik-og-mary-paa-officielt-besoeg-i-chile

And here is a nice video..

The speaker in the video tells there is a fabulous view over Santiago from the Andes hills. But then you of course need to have the strength to go all the way up there. It leads the journalists to ask Mary and Frederik: "Who has the worst condition?"

I guess you can understand the answer :D

Frede og Mary flygter til solen for Danmark - Video på Avisen.dk

Article from Emol.com (A Chilean newspaper I think)
Prncipes de Dinamarca comenzaron gira por Chile realizando trekking | Emol.com

Added:
Article and pics from TV2 (but pretty much pictures we already have seen)
http://go.tv2.dk/articlefornoejelse/id-65595871:billeder-frederik-og-mary-nyder-chile.html

The couple look quite tired especially at the dinner. Well, who won't after a long trip. Im sure they're enjoying the weather as it is much warmer then Denmark. Thanks for the pictures everyone.

Very thank you for the pictures so far. It is always a pleasure to visit this forum when Mary & Frederik are on official visits. Love to follow their visit here together with you all :)

They did maybe look a bit tired or jetlagget at the dinner, but how unfair isn't it to arrive after a flight of 24 hours and immediately after your landing you have to walk some kilometers in the mountains in 30 degrees? :p I had protested, if it had been me :lol:

Last edited:
The couple look quite tired especially at the dinner. Well, who won't after a long trip.
Not to forget the dinner was at 20:00, that's already midnight by Danish time.
I always have troubles to adjust myself to different time zones and my bio-rhythm sticks to the accustomed one for at least 2 more days.

And here is a nice video..

The speaker in the video tells there is a fabulous view over Santiago from the Andes hills. But then you of course need to have the strength to go all the way up there. It leads the journalists to ask Mary and Frederik: "Who has the worst condition?"

I guess you can understand the answer :D

Frede og Mary flygter til solen for Danmark - Video på Avisen.dk

That clip was also shown in the news this morning :) :)
TV 2's correspondent Jesper Steinmetz follows the crown prince couple's visit in chile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Some of these official trips can be quite gruelling. I am sure the view over Santiago was spectular but the walk back up a steep hill would take it out of anyone especially after a 24 hr plane flight. No wonder they both try and keep fit and also having to adjust to the heat after leaving a cold Denmark would be trying as well.

Great pics and articles. :flowers:

I think they both looked great in the hike, but a little tired in the dinner, but who can blame them. Yet they both have good attitudes.

Love the little video of them and who is in worst condition :D

And it looks like Frederik is styling his hair a bit different, it looks like his old 90s hairstyle.

some pictures from the wreath-laying ceremony today.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9114/picture41898506previeww.jpg

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5788/picture41898555previeww.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5969/picture41898581previeww.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/497/picture41898574previeww.jpg

Wow it was quickly there were published pictures from day two. Their program for today is almost just started. But that is great!

Frederik's hair looks awful. A mess. But the princess lookes lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom