Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Brazil: September 16-21, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks great on this visit I also like the interaction/the feeling thats going on between Frederik & Mary. It's not always that you see them so layed back/so casual with one another in public or at public events.

Mary looks great on this visit I also like the interaction/the feeling thats going on between Frederik & Mary. It's not always that you see them so layed back/so casual with one another in public or at public events.

first of all, a thanks to everyone for the pics and info:flowers:

and i agree with Dazzling, Frederik and Mary seem down to earth and are doing well in representing Denmark and promoting Danish design (i for one love those "egg" chairs )

a link to more pictures

crown-prince-couple-in-brazil-951158 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be

love the picture of the two, great attitude

http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie...k-and-princess-mary/profimedia-0142174629.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This couple always seems a little more flirty when they're on couple tours. I guess 4 children under 8 years old (even when you have help...you're still the parents) can put a crimp in ones romantic style. It's so nice to see them enjoying each other.

It is still winter in Brazil and the temperature is never bellow 30ºC. As a matter of fact it has been one of our hottest winters ever!

In the morning, still in São Paulo, Prince Frederik and Princess Mary donating toys and books in Braille to one Brazilian Foundation and around 200 thousand euros to another one (in the name of Lego and Nordlyset)
GALERIAS | Lu Lacerda | iG

Arriving at their hotel in Rio
Prncipe da Dinamarca hospeda-se no Windsor Atlntica

More pictures of Mary at Cidade de Deus (one of the poorest neighbourhoods in Rio)
Jornal do Brasil - Rio - Cidade de Deus recebe a realeza europeia com calor escaldante
Imagens Princesa da Dinamarca visita a Cidade de Deus, no Rio - Bom Dia Bom Jardim - PE

A brief clip from Jyllands Posten about Mary visiting a slum area: Kronprinsesse Mary besøgte Rios slum

Jyllands Posten is very much a business paper, and doesn't cover the DRF that much. Hoverever this is very much a Danish commerce offensive and as such they cover this visit.

M&F's visit to Brazil has been very well covered in the Danish media.
Brazil is emerging as a future super-economy and as such it is of great interest to Danish commerce.
And as one journalist explained: The rank and status of M&F ensures that the accompanying Danish businessmen meet people on a considerably higher level than they would otherwise have met.

There are basically two stories about the DRF in this weeks BB, M&F and an interesting interview with Joachim, which I will translate when I get time to do it.

Summary of a number of articles in Billed Bladet #38, 2012.
All written by our woman in Brazil, Anna Johannesen.

On the first day Mary was supposed to cook (*) with Frederik looking on. Mary wore a kind of coat abouve her dress, but springtime has arrived in Brazil and it was more than 30 degrees C, so the coat went off quick enough!
Mary, with the help of a chef or two, prepared the traditional Danish dish, Brændende kærlighed = burning love. Burning Love - (Brændende Kærlighed)
It's not the way I make it! The mashed potatoes were squirted from a siphon (**) into beakers with onions, bacon and beetroots, garnished with ash from burning hay! :shock:

M&F have been to Brazil before and Frederik described the atmosphere: the mood here is still direct and spontanous.
People here have a positive attitude. Here is a lovely relaxed atmosphere".
Mary added: "Right now we have only been here since this morning, so we have to settle in first".
They enjoy travelling together. Frederik explained: "It's nice to travel as a couple. That gives (you) double strength. It's been a long while since we travelled together officially".

Before that M&F visited the Scandinavian Chruch and here eight boys played samba. Inside the singer Raina Magdalon sang Ave Maria.

Have they danced samba with each other? Mary: "Yes, at some point we have".

The next day Mary visited a cupport centre, Cidinha Kopcak, for abused women in one of the more modest neigherborhoods of Sao Paolo. Here Mary listened to some of the stories the women told.
Domestic abuse is a major problem in Brazil and a problem that has very much been neglected by the authorities even though women on paper have all sorts of rights and by law ought to be protected.
One woman who managed to fight her way free from a abusive marriage was 48 year old Monica, mother of seven children. She lived in abusive marriage for 23 years and only when she one day read about the centre in a paper, did she leave her husband. She has also started to take an education as a social worker. She was beaten as well as abused psycologically.
When she had told her story, Mary went up and took her hand.

Another woman was Maria aged 25. She was afraid and didn't trust anyone and when she finally got enough courage to go to the police, the police was simply unprepared to deal with domestic issues like hers. It was only after going to court, she managed to sort out her life.

With the help of an interpreter Mary then told about the Mary Foundation and the project "Affording life" (About helping women to reestablish themselves after having left an abusive relationship).

Q: What impression has it left on you that the women here are so open about domestic violence?
Mary: "I think that the women who are ready to tell their stories often are very open, because they know they can make a difference for other women.
When you put a face on the abuse it is sometimes a lot easier to understand how to help fight it".
She emphasized how moving it had been to listen to the stories.

Before Mary left the women decided she should hear their battle-cry, so to speak. Alas, it doesn't rhyme in Danish, nor in English I'm afraid: "Violence against women is not something we wish and if we see them we hit back with cooking spoons".

It was far more official at Sao Paolo's Jockey Club. Here 375 guest were invited to a galadinner. Actually they paid 600 Reals to be invited.
Here Mary wore a copper-colored dress and displayed a new hairstyle, curtesy of Søren Hedegaard.
After the dinner a number of Danish companies in Brazil were awarded the Prince Henrik's Medal of Honour. Then it was time for coffee and light entertainment, Mary was observed holding her husband's hand, while he was chatting to the host, Jens Olesen.

Accompanying M&F on this trip is the Chief of Court, Christian Schønau. Mary's LiW, Tanja Doky. A maid and a valet. And last but not least Mary's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard.

(*) Perhaps they should consider letting Frederik do the cooking at such events? I understand that some women find men who cook sexy. So Frederik in a cooks outfit... or am I completely wrong ladies?

(**) Mashed potatoes from a siphon?!? :eek: Good grief! Mashed potatoes shouldn't be squirted, mashed potatoes must, repeat must, be shovelled onto a large plate. - I bet there was hardly any trace of real butter in it as well.

http://www.lux.iol.pt/internacionai...-de-deus-princesa-dinamarca/1376149-4997.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXGBXeHIdo

Visita dos príncipes da Dinamarca ao Brasil é abalada por morte de tia – Bruno Astuto – Época

Jornal do Brasil - Heloisa Tolipan - Nobreza: príncipe da Dinamarca vem pegar um solzinho em terras cariocas!

Jornal do Brasil - Rio - Cidade de Deus recebe a realeza europeia com calor escaldante

Folha de S.Paulo - Colunistas - Mnica Bergamo - Lula ficar distante do palanque paulistano nos prximos dias - 20/09/2012

http://blogs.estadao.com.br/wp-cont..._share=http://blogs.estadao.com.br/sonia-racy

G1 - Banco de leite materno receberá princesa da Dinamarca nesta quinta - notícias em Rio de Janeiro

Modelos desfilam pelas ruas da Cidade de Deus no RJ - fotos em Rio de Janeiro - g1

Príncipes da Dinamarca participam de jantar em São Paulo « Vogue: moda, desfiles, beleza, lifestyle e shopping

Príncipes da Dinamarca, Frederick e Mary visitam museu em São Paulo | Ofuxico

CARAS - Realeza - Casal real da Dinamarca, príncipe Frederik e princesa Mary visitam museu em SP

Princesa da Dinamarca visita a Cidade de Deus, no Rio - Fotos - UOL Notícias

Princesa da Dinamarca visita a Cidade de Deus - Foto 1 - Rio de Janeiro - R7

Agncia O DIA

Princesa da Dinamarca visita a Cidade de Deus - Rio - O Dia Online

.:. Portal PUC-Rio Digital .:.

IFF - Instituto Fernandes Figueira

Super Rádio Tupi - Rio de Janeiro - Jornalismo

Subsecretaria de Comunicação Social

O Repórter | Rio de Janeiro | Princesa da Dinamarca conhece projetos sociais na Cidade de Deus

Relacionadas: Princesa da Dinamarca conhece programas sociais na Cidade de Deus | JusBrasil Notícias

INSTITUTO RIO MODA: As princesas da CDD

Geledés recebe Princesa Mary da Dinamarca em projeto de combate a violência contra mulher - Portal Geledés

Imagens Princesa da Dinamarca visita a Cidade de Deus, no Rio - Bom Dia Bom Jardim - PE

GALERIAS | Lu Lacerda | iG

EXPOSICÃO - Algo de barroco no reino da Dinamarca

Príncipe da Dinamarca no Brasil 17-09-2012 - Fotoarena

Principe herdeiro Frederik e a Princesa herdeira Marua da Dinamarca no MuBE - CGN - O maior portal de notícias em vídeo de Cascavel.

Prncipe da Dinamarca hospeda-se no Windsor Atlntica

Mercado e Eventos

http://www.mercadoeeventos.com.br/s..._frederik_fala_aos_operadores_brasileiros.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M&F have been to Brazil before and Frederik described the atmosphere: the mood here is still direct and spontanous.
People here have a positive attitude. Here is a lovely relaxed atmosphere".
Mary added: "Right now we have only been here since this morning, so we have to settle in first".
They enjoy travelling together. Frederik explained: "It's nice to travel as a couple. That gives (you) double strength. It's been a long while since we travelled together officially".

(*) Perhaps they should consider letting Frederik do the cooking at such events? I understand that some women find men who cook sexy. So Frederik in a cooks outfit... or am I completely wrong ladies?

thank you Muhler:flowers:
Frederik seems to enjoy these tours with his wife. and i agree they make a great team.

on another note, Frederik cooking would be very nice ;)

more information on today's events and tomorrow from DRF website
Kronprinsparret besigtiger P.W. Lunds fund - Kongehuset

I've enjoyed following the coverage of this tour. It looks like it's been quite successful. I think Brazil would be a wonderful place to visit.. wonder if Mary and Frederik will squeeze in any private travel time?

Thank you, Roskilde :flowers:

I'm afraid Berlinske got a caption wrong. Mary is not holding a bow and arrow, it's a local music instrument.

As a matter of fact, it is not a bow and an arrow. It is a one string musical instrument known as Berimbau (Berimbau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and is used to mark the rhythym of people playing Capoeira (Afro-Brazilian martial art. The slaves used to play it to avoid being captured by their owners when they ran away.

Frederik and Mary also visited the Rio 2016 headquarters. I think it was today?

Denmark

There is a nice article on a Brazilian magazine website praising F&M for being very down to earth. Zero afetados, príncipes curtem o Rio como locais http://colunas.revistaepoca.globo.c...afetaodos-principes-curtem-o-rio-como-locais/
According to the article, they and their companions occupied all the apartments on the 36th floor of Windsor Atlantica Hotel. They also tried a little bit of the carioca (how the natives of Rio are called) way of life – as soon as they arrived in Rio (at 7PM on Tuesday) they walked by the beach and then had drinks at the top floor of the hotel. Frederik had a caipirinha (Brazilian fire water, lime, sugar and ice) and Mary had a dry martini. The next day in the morning, Frederik went bicycle riding and Mary ran by his side on the track by the beach. Later they had lunch at the hotel restaurant. On Thursday morning they had breakfast prepared by the Danish Chef Nicolai Tram and offered by the Danish Tourism Bureau.

Also on Thursday, Mary visited The Fernandes Figueira National Health Institute of Women, Children and Adolescents where she learned about The Brazilian program to promote breast feeding. When some children started singing for her, she spontaneously joined them on the stage. The woman you see by the Princess’ side is Maria Paula, a Brazilian comedian who breast fed her two children till they were 2 years old. Maria Paula is also patroness of the movement to create the World Day of milk donation. http://caras.uol.com.br/canal/reale...bida-por-maria-paula-no-rio-de-janeiro#image0

Afterwards, Frederik and Mary visited Olimpic Comitee in Rio. http://www.ahebrasil.com.br/noticia...+dinamarca+e+recebido+no+comite+rio+2016.html

Then they left Rio to Belo Horizonte, capital of of the state of Minas Gerais where they had dinner with the governor. See video here http://caras.uol.com.br/canal/reale...bida-por-maria-paula-no-rio-de-janeiro#image0

Last edited:
I was thinking if they try caipirnha! well i can imagine all th security around them, it is a beautiful country but you can not go out with gold and jewellery to the streets! I guess they have all the bodyguards runing by his bike!!! haha i can imagine that!!!! hope they enjoy the beach, the beaches are gorgeous there! may be we get to see Mary in bikini!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom