Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Australia: November 19-26, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes - they said Mary was carrying Josephine, and that Prince Vincent was being carried by "one of the nannies". :closedeye

:previous: You can always count on Channel 7 & Channel 9 to mess up big when it comes to facts about royalty, whether it be about the Queen [Elizabeth II] or Mary. :whistling:

Ah, these days much of the media is "immediate" and apparently the days when facts where checked are not what they were. It seems they rely on media briefs and press releases to fill the story.

At least we know the facts! I am hoping to go to Sydney tomorrow to see Mary and Frederik. Fingers crossed. Depends on how the kids are behaving! It is meant to be very hot so I bet Mary will be enjoying some Aussie heat.

Very exciting that the twins are here too.

I hope M&F will eventually visit western Australia. I have a feeling the average Australian by now know more about Greenland than the average Dane know about the entire western half of Australia.

Anyway, I noticed that M&F will also meet with the opposition leader, Tony Abott.
That's interesting.
Is it normal for foreign second-in-line royals visiting Australia to meet with the opposition?
I would find it perfectly normal if it was QMII who was visiting but this is "only" the CP-couple.
This looks like a dress rehersel of an offical state visit, right down to honor guard. Except that this would normally be the first thing on the agenda.

- Well, I need not repeat my pet-theory about M&F taking over.

We now also have names on two of M&F's entourage:
The chief of their court, Christian Schönau.
Mary's LiW, Tanja Doky.
A qualified guess: Lene Balleby, their PR-chief and Mary's hairdresser: Søren Hedegaard.

Last edited:
How wonderful to travel with a hairdresser:flowers: Maybe that's why Mary looks so good after that long, long flight with babies!! What airline do they fly?
Also, I hope our Aussie members will call the offending TV stations and newspapers and correct them with their misinformation. They do rely on input. Call the news desk or if you have a reporter's name, leave a message for them. They really don't want to make mistakes either though sometimes it's the photo editor or editor that does these things.

Where ARE the nannies? And why isn't Fred traveling with Mary? Is it the travel apart for safety thing?

Hope you get to go Lady Rose.

Last edited:
How wonderful to travel with a hairdresser:flowers: Maybe that's why Mary looks so good after that long, long flight with babies!! What airline do they fly?

Mary has previously travelled on Jetstar but I seriously doubt they arrived this time on that airline

Also, I hope our Aussie members will call the offending TV stations and newspapers and correct them with their misinformation. They do rely on input. Call the news desk or if you have a reporter's name, leave a message for them. They really don't want to make mistakes either though sometimes it's the photo editor or editor that does these things.

Haha, that would be too many calls to make :p

maybe Mary asked tanya only to carry Vicent.. because I think the kids should be staying with her sister during the business trip and not with her...Mary looks wonderful, but it's easy when we have all the facilities she has....

Billed-Bladet - Video fra Australien: Mary og Frederik i Sydney
A video from Billed Bladet, where a reporter talks a bit about this visit. (You don't have to watch it).

M&F are not staying at a hotel this time. They are staying at the Governor's guest house in Sydney, which the reporter says has an excellent view over the bay.
- So this visit is as official as it can get.

With them is also 50 man strong delegation from Danish commerce. - So the expences of this visit, which the poor burdened Australian taxpayers has to foot (;)), should easily be covered by the business deals expected to come out of this visit.
- In other words, as much as we like to show off our royal family to the Australians, this visit is first and foremost about money.

since which day, they stay in sidney with mary's family?

IIRC none of Mary's siblings lives in Sydney (or Canberra or Melbourne).
So my guess is they will first meet in Tasmania, after the official visit.

As Muhler wrote, F&M stay in the Governor's guest house in Sydney.

By the way guys the media out here is not going to know who Mary's staff is or what htey do so don't get angry with them for not knowing

By the way guys the media out here is not going to know who Mary's staff is or what htey do so don't get angry with them for not knowing

Well in my opinion if you've got a foreign royal coming to visit, you should do your research on who's with them and what they do.

maybe Mary asked tanya only to carry Vicent.. because I think the kids should be staying with her sister during the business trip and not with her...Mary looks wonderful, but it's easy when we have all the facilities she has....

Do you mean Tanja's sister (does she have a sister in Sydney?) Or one of Mary's sister's?

ETA: So glad I can deal with the same time zone with Mary this time...In 4 hours she will be appearing in Bondi - Sculptures by the Sea...yippee!

Last edited:

I think like you her sister would take car of the siblings a way to spend some time with auntie and cousins:flowers: and yes I agree with you it is easy to look great when you have all the facilities she has!!!!!!!! ish I would have it too!:whistling:

So are the twins getting taken to Tasmania ahead of Mary and Fred, cared for by the nannies and aunties? OR did the aunties come to Sydney to look after them there? So many questions, so complicated when you have so many children, employees, family members and friend commitments to meet...With a tight event schedule to boot...

So are the twins getting taken to Tasmania ahead of Mary and Fred, cared for by the nannies and aunties? OR did the aunties come to Sydney to look after them there? So many questions, so complicated when you have so many children, employees, family members and friend commitments to meet...With a tight event schedule to boot...

I don't see why the 'aunties' get involved when the twins can be looked after by their parents and nannies whilst they're in Australia. They don't have that many children, just two with them. Christian and Isabella are not with them but will be joining Mary in Tasmania whilst Frederik is in Vietnam I believe.

I don't think it is really an issue of 'looking after' the twins...It is probably more a case of taking advantage of an opportunity...Mary and Fred's schedule (according to the post on the first page of this thread) is jam packed, long days...I really doubt M&F will see the twins much while they have duties to fulfil...they will probably just have to return to their accommodation to change their clothes (from day to evening/gala)...So having the aunties there 'bonding' while their parents are absent is a good chance that has to be seized...And maybe their fee is cheaper ;)

Found this article...And didn't I say it, all the Josephine's and Vincent's will be rounded up to greet M&F...

Princess Mary and Prince Frederik of Denmark visit Sculptures By The Sea at Bondi | thetelegraph.com.au

More photos here, I like the description of 'orange pumps' (which says to me high heels) only to find out they are ballet flats:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...bondi-exhibition/story-e6frfmqi-1226200380455

Another article about them at the exhibition but no photos:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...bondi-exhibition/story-e6frfmqi-1226200380455

Last edited:
Danish royal visit :: Check out image number 2

Love this photo...because of the perspective it looks like Mary is pushing Fred in the face or wiping something off his mouth...But she's just waving ;)

Last edited:
Well, hello everyone. Just returned from Sydney and I was the first person to arrive. Hence a great position. I took lots of photos at the Customs House event. I had a sign that said :
Velcommen til D.K.H. Kronprinsparret

and Frederik looked at it and the nodded to me.

Mary looked gorgeous and it was a lovely day.

Will post a link to the photos as soon as they are uploaded. He he.

Danish royal visit

A lovely gallery of the day's events including Vincent and Josephine.

Last edited:
:previous: Can't wait to see your pictures Lady Rosie! Glad you were able to go :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nine News reporter Sarah Harris was doing a piece to camera about it being "as close as the public will get to the royal family" when the Australian-born princess tapped her on the shoulder.

Harris was left stunned as she was told: "No, it isn't actually".

Princess Mary surprises Nine News reporter

Wonderful! A reporter put back in their place by the 'topic of conversation' herself. And done so in a very lighthearted and cheeky manner which is rather adorable, imo. A wonderful moment caught on camera.

Mary appears to become quite relaxed when back in Australia, so much so, she'd even tap a journalist on the shoulder and correct them in a way that is imo, typical of an Australian. Be it even if only nowadays at heart.

Last edited:
But Fred didn't looked too impressed or maybe he was just bewildered by all the joviality...

But Fred didn't looked too impressed or maybe he was just bewildered by all the joviality...

You'll see Frederik appeared to smile so yeah, probably "not" too impressed :D

Last edited:
Princess Mary surprises Nine News reporter

Wonderful! A reporter put back in their place by the 'topic of conversation' herself. And done so in a very lighthearted and cheeky manner which is rather adorable, imo. A wonderful moment caught on camera.

Mary appears to become quite relaxed when back in Australia, so much so, she'd even tap a journalist on the shoulder and correct them in a way that is imo, typical of an Australian. Be it even if only nowadays at heart.

HAHA thank you so much for posting this! That completely made my day seeing her casually correct the reporter. Just another reason to love Mary :daneflag: :ausflag:

:previous:
Yeah, the reporter-tap was priceless :lol:

Thanks for the many galleries and articles so far, keep 'em coming... :)

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we all look very much forward to the personal accounts by those members who were there.

It's nice to see that Mary was recieved so warmly... Oh, yeah. Frederik too. :p
I fear he will be reduced to an assessory on this visit, but from what we know about Frederik he won't mind, On the contrary, I believe he will be radiant with pride.

The Sculptures by the Sea is a great Australian export idea. I'm fortunate enough to live near Aarhus and we have enjoyed both exhibitions here in DK and we look forward to the next one.

As far as I can tell, the security detail is all Australian. Except for the airport I couldn't recognice any PET officer around. That's different from the last visit and indeed visits in general.
But I believe M&F are safe in the hand of the Australian officers. - Although it may be a bit challenging perhaps, with those they are trying to protect running around tapping reporters on the shoulders...

Last edited:
:previous: I want to echo Muhler and say that I'm also looking forward to everyone's stories in the next few days. I wish I would be able to go to some of the events in Melbourne. I can't believe my uni decided to have assessment this week of all weeks :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom