The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

I got into this itch to tug a pillow behind that purple dress. Don't you all think that could be a kimono variant?

Old 02-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
Oh, my goodness, that purple evening gown is GORGEOUS!
That is a fabulous color on her!

Old 02-04-2005, 02:19 AM
Courtier

i agree, that particular shade of purple does suit mary quite well. i think she needs to stick to darker shades of colors.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for posting all of the great pictures!!!! They both looked good all through the trip, we especially loved some of Mary's clothes - her pants on the first day looked amazing on her!
Old 02-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Commoner

I love the back of the dress, the front is a little less flattering. They were in NY Newsday. http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,5761670.story!
Old 02-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
I got into this itch to tug a pillow behind that purple dress. Don't you all think that could be a kimono variant?
What do you mean? Think the back is too flimsy? Need something stronger? Yes, purples and dark blues and dark greens are great on her.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

MARY MAKES A SYTLE STATMENT IN MANHATTAN

www.hellomagazine.com
7 FEBRUARY 2005

Denmark's Princess Mary has been showing off her winning style in the Big Apple. The pretty royal, who is in New York to mark the bicentennial of the birth of Hans Christian Anderson, set the flashbulbs blazing at a gala event in the city's public library. Dressed in a striking purple gown with a silk sash wrapped twice around her body, she made quite an impression on Manhattan's fashionistas.

Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik were guests of honour at the black tie event, which featured a reading of Andersen's classic The Princess And The Pea. The couple were seen exchanging smiles as the audience was told of a desperately lonely prince who finds the woman of his dreams on a dark, rainy night.

Earlier in the day the royal couple paid a visit to the Hans Christian Anderson public school in Harlem. The princess read one of the author's most famous stories, The Ugly Duckling, to a kindergarten class, before Frederik explained where they had come from. "Mary is from the land of kangaroo," he said, much to the delight of the children. "Yes, we're married and we live in a castle."

Over the past few days the pair have had a hectic schedule, making appearances at the Museum Of Modern Art, the United Nations and Scandinavia House. They took time out for rather some more personal celebrations at the weekend, though, when Mary turned 33 on Saturday.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know about the dress, but I really like the shoes. She seems to favor Stiletto heels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	princessmary-dop1a.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	90395  
Old 02-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
I don't know about the dress, but I really like the shoes. She seems to favor Stiletto heels.
I love the shoes as well. :) Mary looks really lovely and purple seems to suit her.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Aristocracy

I think she looks gorgeous ... and the shoes are fabulous!!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
I think she looks gorgeous ... and the shoes are fabulous!!
The heels are wonderful! I can't quite tell; are they purple?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
I agree...The dress isn't one of her best...but good thing she likes stilettos because they always look good on her!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Commoner

Enjoyable segment. Crown Princely Couples are handsome looking in whatever their attire.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Commoner

I love the purple dress!!!

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, new york