Prince Frederik and Princess Mary Visit New York: January 30-February 2, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed from the pictures from the public library... doesn't male royals have to sit nice in a chair as well :confused: CP Frederik doesn't sit very nice! CP Mary sits nice in her chair, but then again she is wearing a skirt.

Photos of the trip from IBL:

Attachments

• Fm3.jpg
    Fm3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,846
  • Fm4.jpg
    Fm4.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,839
  • Fm5.jpg
    Fm5.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Fm6.jpg
    Fm6.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Fm7.jpg
    Fm7.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,800
  • fm8.jpg
    fm8.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,790
  • fm9.jpg
    fm9.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,830
  • fm10.jpg
    fm10.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,773
  • Fm2.jpg
    Fm2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,846
  • fm1.jpg
    fm1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,824
More photos from IBL:

Attachments

• fm1.jpg
    fm1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,809
  • fm2.jpg
    fm2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,804
  • fm3.jpg
    fm3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,801
  • fm4.jpg
    fm4.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,809
  • fm5.jpg
    fm5.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,785
UGH, what is with that purple dress from the gala? I guess I should give her credit for being daring, but the dress is just so unflattering!

I loooove that dress on her . It is ver flattering for her in every way. The color looks great on her and the interwining of the satin shows of the contours of her body. I also love her earrings, hair, and make-up. Brava!!!

She looks so elegant...:)

I liked Mary's green suite, the really sharp colour went well with her face especially I think. Lovely!

The dress is a bit different, but I like it! It looks quite elegant, and it's modern and well on her. Someone on the SRMB said that the dress is from the Alexander McQueen fall/winter 04/06 collection.

Wonderful evening dress.... amaizing!!!

More pics from the Gala...

Mary's dress was clearly "different." I still haven't made up my mind as to how I feel about it. It was a daring dress which I would associate with Martha Louise and not Mary. But she has astonished me. Let's await more astonishments in the future from Mary.

Attachments

• 6022507.jpg
    6022507.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 499
  • 6022503.jpg
    6022503.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 442
  • 6022506.jpg
    6022506.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 443
  • 6022505.jpg
    6022505.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 477
  • 6022504.jpg
    6022504.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 523
  • 6022501.jpg
    6022501.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 480
  • showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 1198822_b.jpg
    1198822_b.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Prince Frederik and Princess Mary shopping on 5th Avenue in New York on February 1, 2005.

I like her in casuals, on the other hand, Fred seriously needs to rethink his overcoats.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 447
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 725
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 598
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 592
  • showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 601
pdas1201 said:

Mary's dress was clearly "different." I still haven't made up my mind as to how I feel about it. It was a daring dress which I would associate with Martha Louise and not Mary. But she has astonished me. Let's await more astonishments in the future from Mary.

Looking at the dress, I think I prefer the back of it better than the front.

pdas1201 said:

pdas, what's the photo agency from which those pics were taken from?

Balqis said:
pdas, what's the photo agency from which those pics were taken from?

They were taken from Contrast Photo Agency.

pdas1201 said:
They were taken from Contrast Photo Agency.

Thanks very much, pdas. You are always very helpful to me and I appreciate it. I remember I asked you once before about another agency and you were kind enough to get back to me :)

Balqis said:
Thanks very much, pdas. You are always very helpful to me and I appreciate it. I remember I asked you once before about another agency and you were kind enough to get back to me :)

You are most welcome, Balqis. Remember, if you have any more questions about agencies or any other questions just PM me.

I don't like the purple dress. However I do like the other outfits she has worn in NYC.

Two more pics from the gala at New York Public Library

From BT.dk - that means large photos with no watermark :)

Attachments

• BT 01.jpg
    BT 01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 456
  • BT 03.jpg
    BT 03.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 578
Oh, my goodness, that purple evening gown is GORGEOUS!

Crown Prince Fredrik indeed needs to rethink these horrible overcoats!

I would to thank everyone who have posted pictures, articles and comments to make this thread very informative and interesting.

I got into this itch to tug a pillow behind that purple dress. Don't you all think that could be a kimono variant?

i agree, that particular shade of purple does suit mary quite well. i think she needs to stick to darker shades of colors.

Thanks for posting all of the great pictures!!!! They both looked good all through the trip, we especially loved some of Mary's clothes - her pants on the first day looked amazing on her!

lori said:
I got into this itch to tug a pillow behind that purple dress. Don't you all think that could be a kimono variant?

What do you mean? Think the back is too flimsy? Need something stronger? Yes, purples and dark blues and dark greens are great on her.

MARY MAKES A SYTLE STATMENT IN MANHATTAN

www.hellomagazine.com
7 FEBRUARY 2005

Denmark's Princess Mary has been showing off her winning style in the Big Apple. The pretty royal, who is in New York to mark the bicentennial of the birth of Hans Christian Anderson, set the flashbulbs blazing at a gala event in the city's public library. Dressed in a striking purple gown with a silk sash wrapped twice around her body, she made quite an impression on Manhattan's fashionistas.

Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik were guests of honour at the black tie event, which featured a reading of Andersen's classic The Princess And The Pea. The couple were seen exchanging smiles as the audience was told of a desperately lonely prince who finds the woman of his dreams on a dark, rainy night.

Earlier in the day the royal couple paid a visit to the Hans Christian Anderson public school in Harlem. The princess read one of the author's most famous stories, The Ugly Duckling, to a kindergarten class, before Frederik explained where they had come from. "Mary is from the land of kangaroo," he said, much to the delight of the children. "Yes, we're married and we live in a castle."

Over the past few days the pair have had a hectic schedule, making appearances at the Museum Of Modern Art, the United Nations and Scandinavia House. They took time out for rather some more personal celebrations at the weekend, though, when Mary turned 33 on Saturday.

I don't know about the dress, but I really like the shoes. She seems to favor Stiletto heels.

Attachments

• princessmary-dop1a.jpg
    princessmary-dop1a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,579
pdas1201 said:
I don't know about the dress, but I really like the shoes. She seems to favor Stiletto heels.

I love the shoes as well. :) Mary looks really lovely and purple seems to suit her.

I think she looks gorgeous ... and the shoes are fabulous!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom