Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News 1: February 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia

Welcome to the first news and current events thread for
Prince Christian, Princess Isabella and their twin siblings.

Please post current news and events of the siblings in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
dazzling, iceflower and JessRulz
Royal House of Denmark forum moderators

Does Christian or Isabella attend school yet?

No, neither of them attend school yet, but it is expected that Prince Christian will start this summer.

I think Christian will start Krebs School like his father and cousins.

Did Prince Henrik visit Mary and twins at hospital? I only saw the Queen while visiting.

I thought Christian was already in school? At what age do children in Denmark start school anyway? Does it differ with the royals?

I thought Christian was already in school? At what age do children in Denmark start school anyway? Does it differ with the royals?

As a thumbrule:

They start in preschool (børnehaveklasse) in the year they turn six, depending on maturity, and first grade in the year they turn seven.
Nine years of schooling is mandatory.

Did Prince Henrik visit Mary and twins at hospital? I only saw the Queen while visiting.
Yes, Prince Henrik visited CP Mary and twins and he had small gift for CP. He was the first who visited twins.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a thumbrule:

They start in preschool (børnehaveklasse) in the year they turn six, depending on maturity, and first grade in the year they turn seven.
Nine years of schooling is mandatory.

Ahh ok. Definitely different than I thought. So Isabella will start school in about two years.

This weekend Christian went with daddy Frederik to the theatre to see Treasure Island. (Perfect story for a young boy).
Christian is getting big and his hair is now distinctly getting darker, as you can tell from the pics.
Billed-Bladet - Mørkhåret prins Christian i teateret med far

More in BB Thursday.

Are there no pictures from this event yet? I guess it's only a matter of time where a kids hair color will change, I wonder if he will get such dark hair as his parents or stay light brown. Thanks for the article.

Great to see Christian developing. He is a boy with features now, looking pretty much like his mother.

He such a pretty child, IMO he resembles Mary a lot, whereas Isabella takes after her father.

wow he looks like a young man, how sweet! and he has brown hair right now, well usually when you grow up and cut more the hair is goes more dark, unless you're from the Dutch crown princely family :lol:

to me, christian is the copy of his mother face and isabella's Frederik. i wonder how the twins will look like, but so far they take after Fred

It's always interesting to see how some people's hair colour does change when they grow up while others stay the same. Some people are blonde as children and turn dark haired later (like my father), some are dark to begin with (or dark-ish brown) and stay that way (like my sister) and some are fair haired and stay that way or only darken a little (like me). And then there's all the other variations. I would be surprised if there were natural blondes in the DRF since all of them are dark haired. I believe only Felix has a slightly lighter hair than the others but if I remember right, he isn't a blonde either.

I used to hate my hair but I guess I should be able to like it since I've heard natural blondes are disappearing in the next 100 years (most natural blondes can be found in Finland).

Christian is growing fast! It feels like every time we see him now, he looks so different. He looks like Mary. I wonder what he will look like when he gets older.

All children look like Fred.But I wonder where Christian got his blonde hair from...

Joachim was blonde when he was a toddler, too :)

I loved to see the new picture of Christian. He has now much more defined lines now and his hair is darker. I used to have very blonde hair as a child up to about 4 years old, then it started to go darker. He probably will have dark brown hair.
I think he looks more like Mary. Isabella is the spitting image of her daddy.

All children look like Fred.But I wonder where Christian got his blonde hair from...

christian has some things from his grandfather henrik, his eyes' shape, for example, but he has mary's nose...vincent(for now) looks more like mary than the others...

i wonder if the royal house will release official pictures, they did last year

As always please use the extra birthday thread for your birthday wishes! :flowers:
Some posts have been moved to the thread.

Did the birthday girl have a party
@ Amalienborg - Marselisborg, or did the family go to Trend w/Caroline Herrings family ?
Any sightings of Joachim & Family bringing gaily wrapped gifts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom