Presentation of Lilleprinsen: October 18, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard somewhere that the new-born children have at the beginning of their lifes always blue eyes. Is it true? Thanks for the pics and videos.

I have heard somewhere that the new-born children have at the beginning of their lifes always blue eyes. Is it true? Thanks for the pics and videos.

Almost always, yes, though there are exceptions.

He is really cute! Thanks for the lovely photo; I did wonder what they would call the little fellow. I look forward to seeing more of him and his parents.

No names have been released yet. Christian seems to be an obvious choice, but no names have been released, as far as I can see at least.

If we're going to judge by Nikolai and Felix, who seem to be the most likely to compare with, the names weren't released until the Christening: Nikolai's christening was roughly two months after his birth, and Felix' also, though it was only a month with Frederik and Joachim.

The Dean Of St. Paul's had it right, but to the wrong royal couple....for this is the stuff of which fairytails are made of...

Charles and Diana have nothing on this couple.

This couple and their child tuly are a shining example of love, and strength and unity.

No other crown prince and princess radiates the energy, light, and sparkle these two do.

i wonder what color eyes he will have. Brilliant blue like his father of brown like his mother.

i disagree not all fairytales end happily in their original form. In realistic terms: I think this relationship looks like a very loving and compatible one from where we stand and hopefully will continue that way. I wish them all the best and as many years of happiness that God has ordained for them.

Thanks all, for these lovely photos...they are really a sweet familly, they're so cute...
Mary is irradiate hapiness...and frederick is very convinced of his new role...
I wish them the best of luck!!!!

He's so cute! And such a tiny little guy! Those pictures are beautiful!

He's indeed adorable. Thank you all for the lovely pictures.

Clarification

ksenia said:
i disagree not all fairytales end happily in their original form. In realistic terms: I think this relationship looks like a very loving and compatible one from where we stand and hopefully will continue that way. I wish them all the best and as many years of happiness that God has ordained for them.

I did not say they all end happily. I applied the quote from Charles and Diana's wedding to Frederik and Mary.

No where do I say ALL fairytales end happily.;)

As we have seen many have ended with divorce, death, and remarriage.

Did anyone hear Crown Princess Mary today? How is her Danish?

btsnyder said:
I'd say that her Danish isn't quite 100% yet. It may have something to do with speaking English to the Australian reporters and then having to switch language when talking to the Danish, which is my educated guess. If she's managed to start thinking in Danish to speak it, then she's got to be a bit thrown by suddenly facing her mother tongue.

I don't think she was bad, per se, quite good actually, but she didn't quite sound like a proper Dane yet. to me at least.

Others may have different opinions.

Last edited:
btsnyder said:

Well I don't know Danish so I'm no judge. I was annoyed by the Australian reporter that kept cutting in and wouldn't let her finish her statements. He also prevented some of the Danish reporters from being able to ask her questions. Not very nice. :(

norwegianne said:
I'd say that her Danish isn't quite 100% yet. It may have something to do with speaking English to the Australian reporters and then having to switch language when talking to the Danish, which is my educated guess. If she's managed to start thinking in Danish to speak it, then she's got to be a bit thrown by suddenly facing her mother tongue.

I don't think she was bad, per se, quite good actually, but she didn't quite sound like a proper Dane yet. to me at least.

Others may have different opinions.

I agree with you norwegianne. I think her Danish is quite good, but it can still be improved. But I can definitely understand her compared to Henrik sometimes, who I once in a while have a little trouble understanding.:D

Aww! He's absolutely adorable. The official photos of the Crown Prince, Princess and their new son of them are too sweet. :)

ksenia said:
i wonder what color eyes he will have. Brilliant blue like his father of brown like his mother.
The colour of most caucasians in new borns are blue and can change up untill a year, it is beleived that nursing a baby keeps them blue untill they eventually change, but it could be an old wives tale... It seems to me that the baby will be fair headed, judging from the colur of his eybrows, I saw that at my sons hair, even though their hair at birth was brown , their eyebrows were blond and within a few months their hair was also. Here the baby is bald, but the little hair he has seems to be fair. He's a handsome fella!:D

patty said:
Mary is irradiate hapiness...and frederick is very convinced of his new role...
I wish them the best of luck!!!!

Yes, I do say that Mary looks radiant with her new baby! Iv'e heard more than once that when a loved one passes away the first true comfort is the arrival of a new baby, I hope CP Mary will feel that way too!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
:) :) :) :) I just looooooove baby pictures! The baby is perfectly beautiful and Mary as always drop-dead gorgeous. So glad all has tuned out so well for the three of them (and yes, the new little one looks blond to me!)

He is adorable!! He looks like his dad, but has his mother's nose. Mary looks wonderful; never would think she had just given birth. Frederick looks the worse for wear of the 3 of them.

Again, Congrats!!!

Lucidu said:
more pics
from newscom.com

Beautiful pics of mary and the baby,they are cute,and i like the face of mary that she looks had gained some pounds,very joyful:)

Last edited:
Oh, he is ADORABLE! Everyone looks so happy. Congratulations Mary and Frederik!

The videos were great, too....I don't understand Danish, so I can't make a judgement on how good Mary's was, but Danish is a very difficult language- she sounded pretty good to me.

Proud Mary's bundle of joy
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16966524^661,00.html

A nervous royal carry on
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/a-nervous-royal-carry-on/2005/10/19/1129401296617.html

Mary's no-name prince wins nation's heart
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,16965970%255E952,00.html

Denmark's new prince will be presented to the public this afternoon, just before going home from the hospital with his parents
http://www.cphpost.dk/get/91562.html

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary leave the hospital with their four-day-old son
http://www.cphpost.dk/get/91564.html

Crown prince left holding the baby
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/nervous-dad-passes-test/2005/10/19/1129401295910.html

kil said:
Here are my pictures taken by ME ! not very good .... but ... !!!

Thank you so much for your very great effort, kil. I really appreciate those pictures, glad you were there - it's not easy to have the opportunity to share this royal moment especially seeing Crown Princess Mary and her baby from such a close distance.

Is there a link to a video somewhere, where those of us who missed seeing the family leave the hospital can see it? I have never heard Mary speak in Danish or English. It would be really nice to see.

misshelen said:
Pictures from DPA

Regarding the first photo, would anybody like to comment on what Prince Frederick is thinking.

A little help here!!:)
(sorry I haven't quite figured out how to attache a picture yet):eek:

Last edited:
pics of Getty Images

Attachments

• 55947374.jpg
    55947374.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 55947672.jpg
    55947672.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 55948539.jpg