Pictures of Mary before her Marriage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I say it again: Mary smiled more before her wedding. Mary you have lovely smile, so keep smiling (like Maxima). Fact, she beautiful and very interesting (like every brunette)

I've never seen her with Rosa Gad before. Are they still friends?

Who knows?
I think - everyone wants to be friends with the Crown Princess :cool:;):)

She really seemed uncomfortable with the cameras at the beginning of their relationship (understandably). Was she living in Copenhagen during the time these photos were taken?

Frederik made great choice!! She was nice girl, a bit chubby, who has grown and changed into beautiful rose;-) She is so feminine!

thank you so much for sharing the photos, i love them! she changed so much in her make up and looks it is incredible! money and good advice can make a nice diference! of course she is a great canvas with what to work!!!

She really seemed uncomfortable with the cameras at the beginning of their relationship (understandably). Was she living in Copenhagen during the time these photos were taken?

She was living in Paris at that time (january-august 2002), spent almost every weekend with Fred in Denmark :) :flowers:

what did she do in paris for such a lon time?

I say it again: Mary smiled more before her wedding. Mary you have lovely smile, so keep smiling (like Maxima). Fact, she beautiful and very interesting (like every brunette)
I think she still smiles, just as much maybe, yet it isn't the same carefree smile she had since she started to date seriously the CP. I have mentioned it before, that the thread needs to be called pictures of Mary b4 she met fred. Because once the relationship took a serious turn, is when she changed her apearance to a more polished look.

She taught english in business school :)I always been intrested how she find that job? Maybe throw her father's connections? :)

Please let's stay on topic. This thread is about "Pictures of Mary before her marriage" and not about how she obtained a job in Paris.

Thanks, :flowers:
Mandy

I think the photos of her really show a middle class girl who was not particularly attractive. My concern is that the Mary we see today as a princess does not seem to match the personality of the commoner, Mary. You don't have to lose your essence to perform a public duty, but I often think, looking at pre-princess photos, how much Mary has lost her personality. She looks soul-less as a princess, but more lively as a commoner.

I think the photos of her really show a middle class girl who was not particularly attractive. My concern is that the Mary we see today as a princess does not seem to match the personality of the commoner, Mary. You don't have to lose your essence to perform a public duty, but I often think, looking at pre-princess photos, how much Mary has lost her personality. She looks soul-less as a princess, but more lively as a commoner.
This is a much debated, argued and discussed issue with us royal watchers. You have the ones who will only see the chance to say these things, the ones who never allow any criticisms about HRH, and most are like me who have a middle way...

I think she probably knows she in the eyes of everyone now so she is carefully to her position as now she is a princess, before she couldn't care less probably becasue she was a commoner and nobody would look at her but now she is in diferent position and may be it went to her head too, who can know? i am sure this new life style had change her, from being a middle classs girl to be now not only a princess a millonaire
still how ever is she now we will never know but i admire her big transformation! and i think she is one of the most elegants cown princess!

I dont think she smiled more before marriage I think she looked nervous annoyed and upset at an intrusion into her life by the media when she may/may not have been certain about where the relationship would take her. The girlfriend of a Prince cannot smile and wave but must discreetly walk away as fast as she can the Crown Princess can wave smile and acknowledge the crowd that gathers and gain accolades for doing so. I may criticise Mary on occasion but really she has never put a foot or a wave wrong in the public eye.

I think she has smiled more since her marriage and I know she has more reason to but really I think she has done her best and it thus far seems to be good enough for Denmark

Last edited by a moderator:
She smiles because she's happy. Who wouldn't be....all the attention, the wealth, magazine covers,"man of her dreams', two cute babes and one day The Queen of Denmark.....I'd be smiling an awful lot too.

She smiles because she's happy. Who wouldn't be....all the attention, the wealth, magazine covers,"man of her dreams', two cute babes and one day The Queen of Denmark.....I'd be smiling an awful lot too.

I would be smiling an awful lot. Mary is extremly lucky in the life she leads.
Especially with CP Frederik on her arm ;)
x

My concern is that the Mary we see today as a princess does not seem to match the personality of the commoner, Mary. You don't have to lose your essence to perform a public duty, but I often think, looking at pre-princess photos, how much Mary has lost her personality. She looks soul-less as a princess, but more lively as a commoner.
Funny, that's what I think when I look at photos of Letizia pre-wedding and post-wedding. Somewhere between engagement and wedding she seems to have totally lost her essence, the great commoner personality changed into a decoration piece-princess. Just recently, at the Letizia/Carla meeting, I thought: Letizia is very beautiful, more beautiful than Carla IMO, but her former spirit, her soul, her liveliness are gone. She seems a different person today and - I am sorry to say - not a happy one.

Mary certainly looks less carefree to me than before - but that's understandable, she is a mother now, she is a royal (which IMO requires a certain dignity) and she has taken over some very serious patronages. But still, to me she looks like someone who managed to bring the best out of herself, look-wise and personality-wise. I actually don't think there was much change of personality but rather a refinement, she polished herself - with the help of others of course - and brought herself to sparkle (like one does with a diamond). IMO Mary seems in perfect harmony with herself and her role.

I think losing some of your personality is what becoming royal does to you.

Please quote the photos that show her more lively as a commoner. I see early pictures before she met Fred that show her relaxed and enjoying herself yet the pics post meeting/in the public eye show a girl who is uncomfortable/unsure the paparazzi pics from spain with her spontaneously hugging Fred show to me unawarness that this was being recorded. Once established as CP I think she has allowed the cameras to actually record her during the Dating period all I see is a young woman trying to look elswhere. And it is a credit to her friends and family that there are very few pics of her pre meeting Fred, most of those are at public events. Who as a teenager/ person in their early twenties isnt carefree and lighthearted. Any picture taken then is a document of the age and time of her life that she was experiencing. I dont think she has lost her personality merely that she is now comfortable enough with her relationship/role to allow us to see it. I have seen her skipping/dancing in videos since she was CP, laughing many times I have rarely seen the set jaw and glazed eyes that she was known for when she dated Fred. Sometimes, I recall in particular Mary and Fred were out for a walk and paparazzi intruded and I saw that same set jaw and scowl again I personally never held it against her as I think everyone Royal or not is entitled to some down time and while Royalty must always be held accountable and be in the public eye this was a husband and wife going for a walk not a coup on democracy therefore they should have had some privacy. Going back on thread :flowers: There are many pictures of her from the time it was known she was dating Fred till her marriage most are taken by paparazzi in an intrusive way. The person is not the story the paparazzi themselves will write the story they just need a picture to help it sell. Does anyone here have much trust in them?????

I find that Mary has too many smile lines, ie:wrinkles that are a result of forcing yourself to smile, (like we all do on our wedding day whilst having pictures with all the great aunts) I am 35, have 3 kids, and have far less wrinkles than she does, and beleive me I don't do the skin and nutrition regime she does. She does seem to shoulder some sort of burden, and whatever e/one says about her being so lucky etc. I think she is not worry free as we would like to imagine.

I think she is not worry free as we would like to imagine.

I don't think so either. Having the media tracking you down every minute, every hour, every day, every year would be a burden I couldn't cope with if I were her.

But the media are feeding on the publics demand for news and photos - and the public is amongst others - me :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:.

Auntie, I bet you spend less time in the sun than she does. Australians seem to love their sun, and the Danish royals seem to spend a lot of time at the beach, on the water or in the South of France.

Auntie, I bet you spend less time in the sun than she does. Australians seem to love their sun, and the Danish royals seem to spend a lot of time at the beach, on the water or in the South of France.

I don't think the wrinkles Auntie is talking about, as a result of forcing yourself to smile, is due to spending a lot of time at the beach, on the water or in the South of France. More likely they are the result of being photographed all the time - even when being in the private surroundings of her own home.

We could be less cynical and chalk it up to growing and maturing. That happens when you get older, get married, and have children and responsibilities besides yourself. I certainly would never call her souless.

I find that Mary has too many smile lines, ie:wrinkles that are a result of forcing yourself to smile, (like we all do on our wedding day whilst having pictures with all the great aunts) I am 35, have 3 kids, and have far less wrinkles than she does, and beleive me I don't do the skin and nutrition regime she does. She does seem to shoulder some sort of burden, and whatever e/one says about her being so lucky etc. I think she is not worry free as we would like to imagine.

No one is as worry free as they would like others to imagine.

I think that you should also not compare yourself to Mary. Her skin might behave differently than yours, she might be more prone to wrinkles, she might have damaged her skin in the sun, you never know. I think that some people on this board would like to contribute everything to a negative reason or purpose, but saying that she has too many smile lines from forcing yourself to smile? That is a bit silly. I don't think you can get any more smile wrinkles from making yourself smile than from spontaneously smiling. Unless there has been some new medical finding that I do not know about....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom