Pictures of Mary before her Marriage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, people are changing.
I don't know when she looks better in 2002 or 2003/

:previous:
When were thses pictures taken?
Love Mary's outfit, she looks so majestic. :flowers:

Hello all,

I am looking for a picture of Mary Donaldson before her marriage. I think she attended some event in Copenhagen (not sure what is was, though) in spring or summer - at least she had bare feet in sandals.

I remember she was wearing a dark brown silk blouse and a white skirt.

I have been searching the internet for a picture of the blouse, as I plan to sew one like that myself - I remember it had some special sleeves with slits...

Does anyone have this picture? I'd be grateful... :)

Last edited:
It was the 80s didn't we all have crappy hair?;)

I certainly did:ROFLMAO:

I barely recognized Mary in that picture. She looks so different now. I guess no one is immune from awkward photos from their high school years (myself and Mary included)

Hey Gate it's ok, as a guy i find the 80s really sexy :D the whole style u know it was much cooler. Mary doesn't look that bad, she just had a bit more weight at that time. That crazy funky hair with lots of hairspray, my Gosh I love it!

How old is she in these Pictures? Around 20? Most of us in our 40s or 50s have changed 'extremely' compared to when we were a similar age.

I agree. It looked like she still had her "baby" face in her 20s.
The first photo looks from high school, so 17-18. Mary cant be blame for the bad fashion of the late 80s lol
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AMfK3v7nThE/US0-ryRv6UI/AAAAAAAAACY/ABiXxKY-cz0/s1600/eighties.jpg

I dont think she had anything "done" besides aging and better fitness

How old is she in these Pictures? Around 20? Most of us in our 40s or 50s have changed 'extremely' compared to when we were a similar age.
What I meant she looks 100 times better today than then! it doesn't happen to us!

What I meant she looks 100 times better today than then! it doesn't happen to us!
Yes! Its called MONEY! She married a crown prince and it gave her access to fantastic clothes, jewels, world-wide travel, chefs, maids, nannies etc and the very best that life has to offer!!!:p

We ALL would look different if we had similar resources.

Mostly, it is a case of losing the baby fat and slimming down as she got older. I cringe at what I looked like in my teens and even early twenties ... VERY different looking in the 40s .... and it was NOT due to being married to a Crown Prince. :lol:

I understand what you mean :) - but I don't think that Mary is the only one who looks better a couple of decades after her 20th birthday; the countess of Wessex is another example. Of course they are both royals - but that's not the only explanation imo.

The two chosen pictures are from the 80s, she's maybe 17-20 years and has extra weight. I can barely recognize myself when I look at my pictures from the 80s with that crappy hair we all had (Mary as well I see) :lol:
You could also have chosen these photos of Mary in her mid/late twenties where she has lost the babyfat, weighs the same as today and the fashion is more contemporary and she looks like she looks today.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-s1fWETz3zuI/US1C3txMY_I/AAAAAAAAAEY/xpdIwDHUWmo/s1600/MEtraveling.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WXGH6GGWh8U/Up1lWPy4IRI/AAAAAAAADSc/lwKoj4dYIZ4/s1600/backpack1.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/bab2092/marynan2.jpg

Mary also seems to be one of those princesses who stay away from botox and cosmetic surgery. Thankfully.

Mary actually talking about it to the author Anne Wolden-Ræthinge in the book "Crown Princess Mary".

"As a woman you are exposed to so many pictures and influences. If you see a celebrity, a movie star or great singer in the media you don't know if you see a cosmetic embellished person. We have a whole population with perfect breasts! It always implies a little bit of loss of personality and lack of acceptance of who you are."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom