Pictures of Mary before her Marriage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No one is as worry free as they would like others to imagine.

I think that you should also not compare yourself to Mary. Her skin might behave differently than yours, she might be more prone to wrinkles, she might have damaged her skin in the sun, you never know. I think that some people on this board would like to contribute everything to a negative reason or purpose, but saying that she has too many smile lines from forcing yourself to smile? That is a bit silly. I don't think you can get any more smile wrinkles from making yourself smile than from spontaneously smiling. Unless there has been some new medical finding that I do not know about....
I have no medical finding here, except my own eyes, and imho, a woman who lives with such a health and beauty regime as the Cpss lives, and who was wrinkle free a couple of years ago, has developed some very deep lines around her mouth and eyes and on her forehead, these are called smile lines as far as a cosmetician told me, a mixture of age and excsessive smiling. Just voicing my opinion, not criticizing. It could also be a result of constant traveling. My father traveled on business for many years, and despite being very good looking, and a vegetarian aged prematurly. Just a thought, not a fact.

oh btw people I am seeing the wrinkles. A decent layer of fat will hide many.. ( I got asked for ID twice last year) I just think she has smiled more (in the photos ive seen since marriage) yes her image has changed yes her appearance has changed and while the weight loss may show off a dress it really doesnt do much for anyones skin...... much less hers there are lots and lots of neck wrinkles (I am allowing for age) there are lots of creases everywhere but I love the laugh lines around the eyes and mouth and Though I know she was to young to have them when she was first papd I love the fact she has them now......

she might use extension, i think when she has the updo's she probably had an extra pience of heair to make it so volume, she has now a kind of short hair and in the big updo's she looks with so much hair! i asked my hairdresser and he suggest that probably they use a piece of hair inside the updoo and cover it with her natural heair!

Yes - it's so funny that you mention this because I asked my own hair stylist how I could get added volume to my hair for an event. I showed her a picture of mary and she said mary most likely adds a hair peice!

She was living in Paris at that time (january-august 2002), spent almost every weekend with Fred in Denmark :) :flowers:

Lol! I can understand her wanting to spend weekends with fred, but was she completely immune to the charms of paris? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many ppl look quite different than they did as teenagers :)

I think many ppl look quite different than they did as teenagers :)
this is true, but normally yo look better when you are young, teenager that when you are close to the 40s but in Mary's case she looks better now than before 500%

It looks as if Princess Mary's transformation was bigger than thought :) But it is good to know that she obviously was a true victim of the 80ies as well :)))))

I find this topic offensive--it is not anymore ethical than those reporters who dug into Mary's garbage in Tasmania. Who on earth wants their old, unflattering pictures displayed. I say, "Enough."

I think it shows the fact how she really change, of course nobody like to have unflattering photos displayed, but now she is a public figure and she can not control that. I do not think it is offensive contrary i think it shows that she is very human like all of us and with the right advice , money and etc. all of us can look as good as her , i think it is an inspiration for all of us and it is in us to change our unflattering photos for spectacular ones! i consider this very motivated in a positive way! certenly i would love to have all her secrets to look myself as wonderful she does today!!!!!!!!!!

I find this topic offensive--it is not anymore ethical than those reporters who dug into Mary's garbage in Tasmania. Who on earth wants their old, unflattering pictures displayed. I say, "Enough."

I don't think we're doing anything offensive by putting up old pictures of Mary. And people who are putting up pictures are of course more etical then those reporters that dug in her rubbish, we're not doing that are we, we're not using these pictures for anything "un ethical" they are to look at the comment on. Mary is a beautiful woman, both now and when she lived in Tasmania.
x

We could be less cynical and chalk it up to growing and maturing. That happens when you get older, get married, and have children and responsibilities besides yourself. I certainly would never call her souless.

I agree. If she did not grow and mature would you say she was too immature and needed to act dignified as a future queen should? As you age, get married etc, you change. I would be a sad situation if I was the same person, at the same stage as I was when i was 15, 20, 27 etc. When I'm 60, I should hope that I don't act like the overworked, underpaid, overstressed person I am now!

:D

I have no medical finding here, except my own eyes, and imho, a woman who lives with such a health and beauty regime as the Cpss lives, and who was wrinkle free a couple of years ago, has developed some very deep lines around her mouth and eyes and on her forehead, these are called smile lines as far as a cosmetician told me, a mixture of age and excsessive smiling. Just voicing my opinion, not criticizing. It could also be a result of constant traveling. My father traveled on business for many years, and despite being very good looking, and a vegetarian aged prematurly. Just a thought, not a fact.

Mary has just aged normally. She looks better than most women her age. i should know, I am also one of them. Genetics play a huge role, and so does sun exposure. Smiling not so much. Because someone has a great health and beauty routine does not mean they will not age and grow old. mary looks amazing and the picture of health. Her skin is fantastic. If we all had cameras as high a resolution pointed as us every moment of every day we would see some interesting things on our skin too.:eek:

I think that seeing the photos of Mary in her early years only makes her more endearing. We are able to see how she has grown and matured. It is nice to see that she has grown up and become more graceful over the years. Nobody is immune from an awkward adolescence, and I see nothing wrong with posting early photos of Mary. We want to see them because we are interested in her, and they are a part of her life. She is a public figure, and as long as the posters didn't get the pictures by digging in her trash, I see nothing wrong with it.

this is true, but normally yo look better when you are young, teenager that when you are close to the 40s but in Mary's case she looks better now than before 500%

There is no "normally." Everyone is different. Not to mention that styling was different in the 80s compared to today. Some people are late bloomers.

What's offensive about it? Mary was a person BEFORE she married Prince Frederik. There's nothing wrong with the pics of what she looked like before. Why should Mary's past be erased?

Everyone has a past and it's something that should not forget.So is about Mary and her pictures from Tasmania-years... She was very beautiful already then but of cource she hadn't expencive clothes, make-up nad hairstilist and so on. But that don't mean taht she was someone who's pictures should hyde away. She was a Person, who was beautiful, who was educated and who as we all know, married with Danish Crown Prince. And by that she got more material opportunities to be even more charming and glamorous.

I'm sorry if I removed by theme but I just wanted to say that Mary's photos before meeting with Frederick are important and valueable for her and for all of us cause then we can see who she was and who she is.

Lovely pictures. Thank you emmelia.
Mary does love her horses.
x

Why it´s offensive?
Do you think it´s offensive a normal working girl to imagine that what happened to Crown Pincess Mary could happen to her?
Unflaterring pictures?
Wasn't crown princess mary an ordinary girl?
SO of course she has unflattering pictures, like an ordinary PERSON has.

I don't think that the topic is offensive. We all have pictures of us when we were younger and that were taken at different points in our lives. Everyone is looking at and discussing how Mary has changed. It's no different than looking at our own personal photographs and albums and looking back at how much we have changed physically and remembering past times. Flattering or not, they are simply a part of life. After all, Mary may be the Crown Princess of Denmark, but she is still a human being.

Why it´s offensive?
Do you think it´s offensive a normal working girl to imagine that what happened to Crown Pincess Mary could happen to her?
Unflaterring pictures?
Wasn't crown princess mary an ordinary girl?
SO of course she has unflattering pictures, like an ordinary PERSON has.

I agree! Why offensive?
We know all royals by heart since the day they were born.
Why Mary, although a post-marriage royal, should be excluded?
As it concerns me, I began focusing on Mary after having watched the you tube video about her presentation to the Danish people.
She was stunning! Nice manners, excellent flow of thought, really relaxed, open-minded, social, ....
Until then I did not consider her really interesting as she appeared to me as average...
Do you know how many old photos of Mary that video presents? :)

Besides, looking at Mary's old photos is not in any way considered equal to the search of her garbage :eek: (by certain "yellow journalists":ermm:)... Not flatten everything...
The old photos show real, every-day, working Mary before her media transformation, her real smile to the person taking the shoot, not the "today smile" to professional photographers.
We cannot cancel her appearance or her whole existence in the pre-Frederich era or magically make the photos disappear/hide them in a cellar...

In any way now she is a public figure, she is exposed greatly,...
so her life, yes prior to meeting frederick, IS worthwhile and interesting...

Mary's old photos teach us how we may evolve creatively in the course of life, from the average to something better until we reach our best.
And on this, Mary has made the best of her potential, so she is a model for us all.

What's the problem about these pictures? She is just a normal person, she's not doing unspeakables acts on them...
I'm certainly not the greatest fan of Mary, but why should she be judged on how she looks on these photos?

E.g. watching the driver´s license pic out of the garbage might not be the nicest thing ethical-wise...but it reminds me, that there is something nice behind this geisha make-up wearing, starving, haughty, Stenevald-ised, starmakercours-ed woman!

I am not those getting, who finde the "new" Mary so much better. Of course she partly wore awful fashion (lycra tops with neonpink lipstick) or just casual wear in the old pics and it seems at times she was a bit too muscular or had some baby fat (keyword: cheeks) left...and in the very first Paparazzi pix, she had a "shocked Bambi" look (kind of like Daniel Westling...for quite some time)...but in some pix, I find her so much more beautiful than today...and that not just, because she was younger.

But oh well...taste is different. For me a healthy look makes you attractive and stylish isn´t beautiful automatically...

Concerning the above comments, I 'd just say that these photos are in the Internet, circulating and being looked at freely.
Noone of us has taken the iniative to go to Mary's place and search her garbage.
You know, these tactics are followed by paparazzi, who chase the "big fish".
to continue, new pics that I've found:

I like this photo very much, Mary is in her best:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty%202/SP00-0314.jpg

a relaxed and unpretentious Mary
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/SP00-0351.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/P000-0747.jpg

Concerning the above comments, I 'd just say that these photos are in the Internet, circulating and being looked at freely.
Noone of us has taken the iniative to go to Mary's place and search her garbage.
You know, these tactics are followed by paparazzi, who chase the "big fish".
to continue, new pics that I've found:

I like this photo very much, Mary is in her best:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/SP00-0314.jpg

a relaxed and unpretentious Mary
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/SP00-0351.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/P000-0747.jpg
In these pics, Mary may not be the "perfect" princess she is today, but these are from when she was heavily dating frederick, and the transformation was taking place, not really the pre-fred days. I have mentioned b4 that the thread should be called "Pics of Mary b4 she met frederick", b/c since they first met was when the transformation took place. BTW I don't think it's an insult to Mary to show these pictures, but a compliment. My own husband commented when he saw my chunky 80's teenage look, "wow, look how much you have changed, good for you".

E.g. watching the driver´s license pic out of the garbage might not be the nicest thing ethical-wise...but it reminds me, that there is something nice behind this geisha make-up wearing, starving, haughty, Stenevald-ised, starmakercours-ed woman!

I am not those getting, who finde the "new" Mary so much better. Of course she partly wore awful fashion (lycra tops with neonpink lipstick) or just casual wear in the old pics and it seems at times she was a bit too muscular or had some baby fat (keyword: cheeks) left...and in the very first Paparazzi pix, she had a "shocked Bambi" look (kind of like Daniel Westling...for quite some time)...but in some pix, I find her so much more beautiful than today...and that not just, because she was younger.

But oh well...taste is different. For me a healthy look makes you attractive and stylish isn´t beautiful automatically...
You make me laugh, and ...I agree with you.

I think Mary had a nice drivers liscense picture. She looks more toned these days than when she was just dating Frederick but she's still beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom