Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumutqueen

Imperial Majesty
City
Middlewich
Country
United Kingdom
IMO I don't think it's that early to start coming up with names and godparents. :flowers:

I'm hoping for one of each.

I'm still in shock that it's twins ... will have to voice my suggestions tomorrow.

For girls:
-Caroline
-Mathilda
-Margrethe
-Anne

for boys:
-Carl
-Frederik
-Axel

And godparents: Princess Marie, Queen Anne-Marie, one of Mary's sisiters.

Just to re-cap

Christian Valdemar Henri John
Christian has eight godparents. They are Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway, Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway, Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, Prince Joachim of Denmark, Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece, Patricia Bailey and two friends of the couple, Jeppe Handwerk and Hamish Campbell.

Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe
Isabella's godparents are The Duchess of Brabant, Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark, Nadine Johnston, Christian Buchwald, Peter Heering and Marie Louise Skeel.

I think we might rule out Henrik, seeing as they have a cousin named that.

Names for girls :

Marianne
Carolina
Christine
Christina
Silvia
Anna
Victoria

Names for boys :

Edward
Nicholas
Patrick
Philip
Michael
Andrew

Godparents
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg
Princess Tessy of Luxembourg
Princess Astrid of Belgium, or one of her 2 eldest daughters.
Princess Marie of Denmark
Tatiana Blatnik (the fiancee of Prince Nikolaos of Greece)
Crown Prince Felipe of Spain
Crown Princess Letizia of Spain
one or both of the Spanish Infantas.

I'm still in shock that it's twins ... will have to voice my suggestions tomorrow.

:ohmy:It might take a while for the shock to wear off for me! I'm so happy about this - when is the last time a ruling royal family had twins?

:ohmy:It might take a while for the shock to wear off for me! I'm so happy about this - when is the last time a ruling royal family had twins?

Princess Claire of Belgium had twins in 2006, Aymeric & Nicolas.

I am thinking No to Tessy as a Godparent. Do they even know each other?

I would imagine another one of Mary's siblings and either Maxima of the Netherlands or Marie of Denrmark.

I think we can rule out any royals from Luxembourg/Liechenstein/UK.

Maybe one of the spanish royals, but I didn't think they were that friendly with Mary and Frederik.

Marie of Denmark & Jane Stephens are definete possibilities. WA and Maxima may also be possibilities.

Two or Three royals, and others will be friends.

Will they both share the same godparents do we think?

Boys:
Frederick will probably be in there somewhere
Eric
Knud would be awesome, they should bring back Knud.
Christopher
Neils
Canute
Magnus
(Male names are a little limited in the Danish Royal family. Unless you want to go old school)

Girls:
Emma
Sophie
Amalie
Charlotte
Louise
Jane as a middle name, to honor her sister
Patricia again as a middle name to honor her sister.
Juliana

We might see Mary's sister Jane or her brother John as godparents. Those are really the only sure bets I can think of right now.

Not friendly with the Spanish Royals?

Felipe was Frederick the night he met Mary.

Felipe mother Queen Sofia is the sister of King Constatine who is married to Anne Marie sister of Margethe. So they are cousins by marriage or something like that.

Well this is just my opinion, when you look at pictures taken at Victoria's wedding you see Mary, MM and Maxima together.
I didn't know Frederik was with Felipe when he met Mary, but that is 10 years ago. They do have sailing in common I suppose.
Cousins by marriage isn't a lot.

You can rule out the Infantas though?

Seeing as they've done the traditional with Christian and the fairly untraditional with Isabella.

No one has said if they think it will be one of each or both of the same sex?

Names?

Boy: Either Christian or Frederik, that's almost a certainty.
A Greenlandic or Faroese name.
John.
Peter or the name of another very close friend.

Girl: Ingrid.
Probably Margrethe as well.
A Greenlandic or Farose name.
Caroline perhaps?
Viktoria.

Margarethe Dagmar Thyra Jane
Henrietta Ingrid Sophia Daisy

Johan Marius Frederick Knud
Daniel John Henrik Philip

For godparents - Prince Daniel, Prince Nicholas of Greece, Princess Marie, Sophie Wessex, the future Princess Charlene

Another Christian? Middle name maybe.
It is Queen Ingrids 100th birthday this year isn't it?

Hopefully two fairly modern names, both Christian and Isabella are modern.

Hmm...

Charlotte, Cecilia,
Gisela, Ingeborg,
Astrid, Ingrid,
Tamara, Rosemary,
Elisabeth, Sophie,
Margrethe, Irene,
Viktoria, Anna,
Mathilde, Amelia,
Amalia, Caroline,
Adelaide, Christina,
Maud, Josephine,
Louise, Alexandra, Dagmar, Thyra :)biggrin:)

Christopher, George,
Valdemar, Andre,
Alexander, Adam,
Charles/Carl, Patrick,
William, Xavier,
Eric, Edward

Godparents:
Madeleine of Sweden, Alexandra of SWB, Maxima of the Netherlands, Marie of Denmark
Philippe of Belgium, Gustav of SWB, Nikolaos of Greece,
some of Mary's siblings and of course some closest friends of the couple.

I was like ZOMG 0____o when I heard it, of course in a happy way:)
I hope that it'll be one of each :D

Boy:
Michael
Carl
Alexander
Frederik
André

Girl:
Amalie
Josephine
Charlotte
Dagmar
Thyra
Louise
Margrethe
Ingrid
Caroline

Godparents:
Some of Mary's siblings, Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, either CP Willem-Alexander or CP Maxima of the Nederlands, one of the Greek cousins, Princess Marie, Tatiana Blatnik & it would so so incredibly sweet if Prince Nikolai will be the godfather of one of them (although, I don't know how old you have to be to be a godfather/mother).

I guess princess marie will be one of the godmother!

Let's see, for godparents I suggest Prince Daniel and Princess Marie are shoo-ins, as well as a sibling or two of Mary's. Maybe another Greek cousin? It will be interesting to see whether the twins share godparents. Having up to sixteen godparents (eight for each child) at the altar seems like a bit much -- so perhaps they will do 4 for each or something. It will be exciting to watch it unfold!

I agree that Frederik might be in a boy's name somewhere but definitely not the first name as Christian's son will be named Frederik (yes, far in the future but probably true nonetheless). Caroline or Charlotte for a girl are my preferences. :flowers:

Too many choices! Let's see:

Name for Girls:

1.) Elizabeth
2.) Margrethe
3.) Ingrid
4.) Marianne (they already have an Anne Marie in the family)

Name for Boys:
1.) Frederik
2.) Johan (John)
3.) Carl
5.) Peter

Godparents:

1.) One of the Berleburg cousins
2.) Crown Princess Maxima
3.) Princess Marie
4.) Prince Daniel
5.) Prince Nicholoas
6.) one or two of the Danish friends
7.) Dark horse: Amber Petty

Princess Marie would be a godmother other than that I don't know the names of her friends or Frederik's friends.

For girls, I'm still rooting for Thyra and Alexandrine.
The only boy name I love from the DRF is Valdemar.

Boy: Either Christian or Frederik, that's almost a certainty.

I don't see why that's almost a certainty? Nor do I recall there being a precedent to call other male children either Frederik or Chrsitian if the heir of the heir (or monarch) is already named either of the two.

Clearly, they aren't going to name another child Christian, and I'm not so sure they would name the other child Frederik. I think it very unlikely.

As for godparents, I think Princess Marie and Princess Maxima would be likely candidates as godmothers. Her Brother John as godfather, too. And perhaps either the Prince of Oranje or the Duke of Västergötland as possible candidates.

I hope they end up with another boy and girl, so its even. Although, it would be adorable to see Christian with 3 little sisters!

I like Carl and Axel for boys, and Alexandrine and Ingrid for girls.

Ok, let's see:
1 ) two girls: Margaret ( to be traditional and to make Granny-Queen happy ) and Charlotte ( because i don't think there's none in the danish royal family )
2 ) two boys: Alexander and Edward ( theses are really regal names, i think )
3 ) a boy and a girl: Alexander and Charlotte
As for godparents: Felipe and Letizia for one of the babies and Wilhelm-Alexander and Maxima for the other. :baby: :baby: :baby:

I volunteer as the work as godparent, it dont involve that i actually have to do something, right:)?

To be serious, maybe crownprincess Victoria gets another godchild or maybe its the first godchild in royal cirkles for prince Daniel.

Does Mary have siblings? One of them can in such case become a godparent.

I don't see why that's almost a certainty? Nor do I recall there being a precedent to call other male children either Frederik or Chrsitian if the heir of the heir (or monarch) is already named either of the two.

Clearly, they aren't going to name another child Christian, and I'm not so sure they would name the other child Frederik. I think it very unlikely.

I think he meant that with a boys either Frederik or Christian will be included in the names not as the meain name. At last this was always done in the danish RF

To be serious, maybe crownprincess Victoria gets another godchild or maybe its the first godchild in royal cirkles for prince Daniel.

Does Mary have siblings? One of them can in such case become a godparent.

Crown Princess Victoria is already godmother to Christian, Daniel is a maybe.
Mary had three siblings, John, Jane and Patricia. Patricia is godmother to Christian.

I'm still thinking about the names of the twins.

By now I guess they will be named:

two girls:

Sophie Elizabeth Margrethe Victoria
Charlotte Louise Mary Henrietta

two boys:
William Frederik Henri Jan
Magnus Christian Andre Peter

Mixed:
Sophie Elizabeth Margrethe Victoria
William Frederik Andre Peter

The cousins of the new babies and Isabella und Christian are called:
Nikolai William Alexander Frederik
Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian
Henrik Carl Joachim Alain
Alexander
Erin
Kate
Michael
Madisson
Molly
Sherree
Michelle

plus the grandchildren for Benedikte (close family):
Friedrich Richard Oscar Jefferson
Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte
Konstantin Gustav Heinrich Richard

I'm hoping for a Leonora but I'm guessing that won't ever happen as the princess by that name isn't exactly remembered for only good stuff, even called a traitor by some as she and her husband conspired with the swedish queen.

However I'm pretty sure it will be two names that are known in both english and danish. Ingrid is possible I suppose, Queen Ingrid was very loved in denmark but the name is concidered pretty oldfashioned here, even if they can make fashion themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom