Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Spaniards either!
Felipe and Letizia will start on Monday for a trip to Israel, Palestine and Jordan.
Cristina is in the USA with her family and will return to Spain for the Easter Holidays.

I wasn't expecting any member of the Spanish RF to attend anyway. No one was present at Christian's christening (the 'big' one), nor Isabella's.

Neither do I, but it was suggested here on the Forum

Sometimes you see suggestions that are not realistic.
A supposed guestlist of people attending, who can not be present at all

Last edited:
Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me if Marie is one of the godparents, but I'm kinda bummed if she really did say it, I like how no one really knows about the godparents/names until the christening.

Well, the editor of BB, Annemette Krakau, has made a bid for the names of Elvis and Shirley: Billed-Bladet - Annemette Krakau: Hvad skal de kongelige tvillinger hedde?

Philippa Alexandrine Elizabeth Mary & Magnus Holger Andre Frederik.

EDIT: Did a double check of the names and corrected Philippa. - I would usually spell (and indeed prefer) like this: Phillipa.

I wonder if they have insider knowledge, or if these names are just another guess?
Regardless, I like them.

Nice first names for the Prince...
Erik
Robert
Johan
Xavier (maybe a little far-fetched)
Maximilian

Nice first names for the Princess...
Joanna
Helena or Helene
Michaela
Valentina (maybe too exotic?)
Cassandra
Marianna

Although the traditional names used in the Danish royals family are nice: Josefina,Thyra,Dagmar,Frederikke,Loiuse, Alexandrine Vilhem,Georg,Harald,etc...
I really would like to see the twins have a unoriginal first name. like Prince Xavier of Denmark and Princess Cassandra of Denmark.

Magnus is an old Scandinavian name, but where did they Philippa from?

I don't think it will be Philippa, as CP Frederik has a cousin named Philippos.

But then P Nathalie named her son Konstantin even though her aunt is married to a Constantine...

Why do you think they wont name a name that is already named in the family?
If it is a common name or used a lot in the family why not?

According to Marie, she is going to be a godparent

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me if Marie is one of the godparents, but I'm kinda bummed if she really did say it, I like how no one really knows about the godparents/names until the christening.

Zelia,I agree! Now please take a look at today's Billed Bladet page 5: It looks as if Marie was caught by a trick question: Reporter: "Glæder De Dem til at stå fadder ved den kommende barnedåb". = 'Are you looking forward to be a godparent at the coming baptism?".
I don't know how fluent Marie is in Danish, but I don't expect her to pick up every little detail of the Danish languague. So if a fast-speaking and word-slurring reporter asks a question with a hidden agenda, getting trapped is easy.
Confirming a 'godmothership' to the media is so out of royal character!
Viv

If Marie is going to be a godparent, I would imagine that she would have been warned about questions from the media. I doubt that she would have volunteered the information. Aren't the godparents to remain a 'secret' until the christening?

If Marie is going to be a godparent, I would imagine that she would have been warned about questions from the media. I doubt that she would have volunteered the information. Aren't the godparents to remain a 'secret' until the christening?
If we´re talking about royal godparents/sponsors, then yes by tradition it is a secret until the christening.
If we´re talking us normal danes, then it´s 50/50, I guess. In some families they tell befoerhand and in some, they keep it a secret :flowers:

Zelia,I agree! Now please take a look at today's Billed Bladet page 5: It looks as if Marie was caught by a trick question: Reporter: "Glæder De Dem til at stå fadder ved den kommende barnedåb". = 'Are you looking forward to be a godparent at the coming baptism?".
I don't know how fluent Marie is in Danish, but I don't expect her to pick up every little detail of the Danish languague. So if a fast-speaking and word-slurring reporter asks a question with a hidden agenda, getting trapped is easy.
Confirming a 'godmothership' to the media is so out of royal character!
Viv

I see what you mean about the question being tricky, still I would've expected her being more careful about what comes out. Maybe Billedbladet has taken things out of context which -sadly- happens a lot in the tabloids. But oh well, it's not like it's a surprise that she's one of the godparents anyways :)

Last edited:
BB this week is full of articles about the upcoming christening and there are a number of trivia. More on that below.
A little about the summer cruise.
A bit about our Marie and the Civil Defence.
A lot about what Frederik has been up to lately.
Frederik going to Mozambique.

Summary of a number of articles about the christening from Billed Bladet #14, 2011.
Written by the usual royal reporters.

Anna Johannesen has been in contact with Mary's sister, Patricia, who said: "I'll come without my husband, Scott, but on the other hand I'll have the pleasure of going with my brother, John. We will both be present in the church, when Mary and Frederik's twins are to be baptized".

Will John by a godfather then?
Patricia: "I have no comments to that. You'll have to wait and see".

From London, Frederik commented: "We are very much looking forward to Mary's family coming from Australia. We are so happy that they have the opportunity and time to travel the long way up here".

As Viv pointed out I also think la Marie was tricked into revealing herself as a godmother.
Henrik Salling, who has a good rapport with the fair Marie, asked her: Are you looking forward to being a godmother at the upcoming baptism of the twins?
To which the Marie relied: "Yes, I am.
- Okay, I know it's part of the game and that Marie should perhaps keep her mouth shut, but that wasn't gentlemanly behavior, Henrik Salling!
A gentleman does not take advantage of a lady, who feels comfortable with you. Big no, no, Henrik Salling! :ermm:

As to the other godpareants. BB has put a number of names very high on the list:
Mary's brother John.
Caroline Heering.
Prince Nikolaos.
Prince Gustav of Berleburg.
Princess Alexandra of Berleburg.
Princess Nathalie of Berleburg.
Jørgen Skeel.

Anna Johannesen asked Frederik whether it was his idea to send the guests on a cruise in the canals of Copenhagen. To which Frederik replied: "That was (a) pretty obvious (idea). The boat are after all located just outside the church, so now we'll just hope for good weather. Otherwise we'll change the plans. There is still time for that".
Frederik also said: "The planning is going ahead as it should. The logistics is in place, everything is as we wish it, so yes, we are ready".

As for names:
Currently there 37.264 Christian's in DK.
5.600 Isabella's.
1.814 Nikolai's.
43.438 Henrik's.

The currently most popular names for boys are:
William.
Noah.
Lucas.
Magnus.
Mikkel.
Mathias.
Victor.
Frederik.
Oscar.
Mads.

And for girls:
Ida.
Isabella.
Anna.
Mathilde.
Freja.
Maja.
Caroline.
Sofie.
Emma.
Sara.

The christening will naturally be covered extensively and I'll focus on DR1, as that channel is most likely also to send live on the Net.
The coverage will start at 12.10 and is expected to end at 18.30.
With a summary from 19.05-20.00 the same evening.
The baptism itself will begin around 15.30.
As usual the guests will also be seen when they arrive in the church.
TV2's coverage is just as massive.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters much that we found out about Marie a little early. Though it wasn't nice of BB to ask her like that.

But there are still a lot of things we will have to wait for:
- The names.
- What the twins will wear.
- Who will carry the twins.
- Who the other godparents will be.
- What Mary and everyone else will be wearing.

And of course how the twins look like now. It's been while since we have seen them...

Pardon my ignorance but if the coverage starts at 15.30 in Denmark then isnt that 14.30 here in the UK?

crm2317 said:
Pardon my ignorance but if the coverage starts at 15.30 in Denmark then isnt that 14.30 here in the UK?

Indeed it is

P Nathalie named her son Konstantin even though her aunt is married to a Constantine...

I believe Princess Nathalie name her son in HONOR of her uncle, King Constantine.
Konstantin must be the German version of the name.

Well, the editor of BB, Annemette Krakau, has made a bid for the names of Elvis and Shirley:
Philippa Alexandrine Elizabeth Mary &
Magnus Holger Andre Frederik.

I think her guesses are off. Magnus won't be chosen because Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway goes by just the name Magnus. It would be too confusing. I would be surprised at Philippa, too. I think the middle names she has chosen are on the mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bets are still on:

Oscar Archibald Marius Frederik
Matilda Adelaide Patricia Jane

6 days to go!

Last edited:

Yes they are but then I think BB made it up to sell.

Yes they are but then I think BB made it up to sell.

We have other 'gossip' mags than Billed Bladet and they're all are writing about the baptism and speculating on the identity of the godparents! Billed Bladet is the royalty magazine; they usually have a good relationship - or so it appears :) - with the RF because they normally don't overstep the mark. But - with every mag fighting for a scoop BB reporters are venturing further out to get the story these days!

Viv

We have other 'gossip' mags than Billed Bladet and they're all are writing about the baptism and speculating on the identity of the godparents! Billed Bladet is the royalty magazine; they usually have a good relationship - or so it appears :) - with the RF because they normally don't overstep the mark. But - with every mag fighting for a scoop BB reporters are venturing further out to get the story these days!

Viv

Very true, it seems that they all want to put it out there first.

Will each twin get godparents or both will share the chosen godparents?

Very true, it seems that they all want to put it out there first.

Will each twin get godparents or both will share the chosen godparents?

It could be either! Being a godparent is considered an honour! I suppose most parents would share the same set of god parents! IMO it depends on how many friends/family members TRF would like to include!

Viv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom