Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I dare to say that CPss Mary will wear the headpiece she wore at both the christening of Prince Christian and the christening of Pss Isabella.

As for the colours of her clothes - I have absolutely no idea. I´m guessing something pink/purple/rose/blue...

I hope she will wear the headpiece again. It just seems right, I think.
I imagine she will wear purple. She chose blue for Christian and red for Isabella, so now that there is one of each gender, purple would be perfect.

:previous:

Mary wore a lilac-coloured dress to Isabella's christening. Maybe she'll wear red to the twins' christening? Green or yellow (both gender neutral colours)?

I would definately be surprised if she does not wear the cream floral headpiece from the elder children's christening on April 14th.

I hope not!
I think she should retire that fascinator; it really isn't all that becoming to her anyway.

(Sorry- I know a lot of people in here absolutely love it). :flowers:
I have to agree with you on the head piece, reminds me a lot of what the Amish where around my area.:whistling:

I have to agree with you on the head piece, reminds me a lot of what the Amish where around my area.:whistling:

I have to agree, I too wondered why Mary wore a trivet (bordskåner) on her head. :p

There was no Dutch royal present at Isabella's christening (and only Constantijn&Laurentien at Christian's). So, I doubt there will be any at the twin's. Besides, I think the Prince of Orange & wife will accompany the queen on a state visit to Germany at that time, but not sure about that.

Actually I think the only royals we will see are the Greek and German relatives and perhaps some godparents, if they chose foreign royals. But I have the feeling it will be Princess Marie for one twin and perhaps someone from the Berleburgs for the other and the rest of the god-parents will be non-royals.

No dutch Royal either according to Het Koninklijk Huis

From the Cp Mary's family only her father and stepmother will be present.
Her siblings were in Denmark several weeks ago, after the birth of the twins.
They returned home to their job and family and it is unlikely that they make now a second trip to Denmark.

I doubt that the Berleburg princesses will be present.
They have their jobs and their training. It is not a weekend
I read somewhere that Jefferson and Alexandra had some problems with their job when the queen's 70th birthday celebration was held and they could not make it in time (vulcano) back to Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to picking royal godparents don't they usually pick 4 if so I believe maybe
Crown princess Victoria of Sweden and prince Daniel
A relative of crown princess Mary
Crown prince haakon and crown princess Mette marit
A British royal maybe wills and Kate or maybe prince Edward,Earl of Sussex and countess Sophie

IDK.........maybe????
But they will definitely pick other royals

I'm not sure siblings share godparents: Victoria, Haakon and Mette Marit are already godparents to Christian. I also don't know how close Frederik and Mary are to the British Royals. It seems like not many people will be there but I guess people can still be godparents if they're absent from the christening.

The only royal I can see as a godparent is Princess Marie.
I think the christening will largely be celebrated with friends, who will be godparents.
From the family I can only see the children's grandparents Queen Margrethe an prince Henrik, grandfather Donaldson and his wife and the children's uncle prince Joachim with princess Marie being present.
I don't see any Berleburg or Greek relatives being present. The christening is on a midweekday and they all have jobs.

Last edited:
From reports and pics we have seen since the birth of the twins, Mary's eldest sister Jane was the only sibling that was in Denmark to see the twins. So it's still a possibilty that one or even both siblings will attend the baptism as a godparent. If the media got the touring details of M&F incorrect they may have got other info incorrect as well.

Here are two further name propositions: Hugo and Isidor.

For the girl:

Elisabeth Charlotte Thyra Mary

For the boy:

Erik William Peter Frederik

When it comes to picking royal godparents don't they usually pick 4 if so I believe maybe
Crown princess Victoria of Sweden and prince Daniel
A relative of crown princess Mary
Crown prince haakon and crown princess Mette marit
A British royal maybe wills and Kate or maybe prince Edward,Earl of Sussex and countess Sophie

IDK.........maybe????
But they will definitely pick other royals

Earl of Wessex. It would be nice if Edward was featured, he is godfather to one of Joachims boys. I always forget which one. I have said numerous times that William and Kate don't seem plausible, but I would love for the couple to go to Denmark this year.
Victoria, Haakon and MM are already godparents to Christian and Isabella so I doubt they'll make an appearance again. John Donaldson seems the most likely out of the siblings. But I think the only royal we'll see is Princess Marie, and maybe Nathalie or Gustav. For these twins it would be nice to 'keep it in the family'.

From reports and pics we have seen since the birth of the twins, Mary's eldest sister Jane was the only sibling that was in Denmark to see the twins. So it's still a possibilty that one or even both siblings will attend the baptism as a godparent. If the media got the touring details of M&F incorrect they may have got other info incorrect as well.

Right after the birth of the twins, when the Cp was still at the hospital, there were pics of two Donaldson ladies on a walk with the CP dog (according to different press-agencies)

The Scandinavia Royals snub the christening? And the Dutch, too. I know it´s Marys and Frederiks third and fourth child, but one visit to Kopenhagen is not manageable?

The Scandinavia Royals snub the christening? And the Dutch, too. I know it´s Marys and Frederiks third and fourth child, but one visit to Kopenhagen is not manageable?

Please excuse the Danish tabloids.. they need something to write about other than nuclear disasters in Japan and trouble in Libya :bang:! We don't know who's been invited and statements from the royal press offices - regarding the baptism doesn't give much away either! Most royal baptisms are family affairs, unless protocol dictates otherwise! While I'm looking forward to April 14th I know that it's not exactly a world sensation!

Viv

Not the tabloids but the websites of the Swedish, Norwegian and Dutch Royal families tell us officialy that they have engagements.
The Swedes have a very official State Diner, the Dutch have a State Visit to Germany and the Norwegians are out of the country (Ghana).

:previous:

Mary wore a lilac-coloured dress to Isabella's christening.
Yes okay. I did not mean red exactly, but it seems like a "girly" color to me. :)

I am not surprised that there are so few royal guests coming. It is not a first born baby after all. Though I am somewhat surprised about the Swedish royalties..

Right after the birth of the twins, when the Cp was still at the hospital, there were pics of two Donaldson ladies on a walk with the CP dog (according to different press-agencies)
Neiter Patricia nor John jr. were in DK right after the birth, only Jane, Mary's father and stepmother. Perhaps "two Donaldson ladies" refers to Jane and Susan Moody?
Here is an article about an interview Mary's father gave in Hobart. Christening looms for twins Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania
According to this article Patricia will attend the christening. If this is correct then I'm 100% sure Patricia is going to be a godmother.

Most of the Royals have a job. Constantijn and Laurentien of the Netherlands have a full-time job in Brussels. Alexandra zu Sayn and her husband work in Paris

Thursday afternoon is one of the hardest daytimes to leave your job.
Here in Holland (and I know also at the EU in Brussels)it is hard to get a leave of absence during the week, for the christening of someone who is not your direct family.
I think the same is valid for Alexandra zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg and Jefferson von Pfeill. The twins are only their cousin's children.

Hello to the danish posters! I have a big plea - could someone of you please record the royal christening for me on VHS or DVD?! Of course I would pay for package and postage! Thanks in advance!

According to the Swedish Royal website the only Royal engagement for the 14th is a dinner that Carl-Philip is attending, which makes it possible that Victoria and Daniel could attend.

Marius - male form of Mary
Benedict - male form of Benedikte, would love a Prince Ben ;)
Frederikke - female version of Frederik
Johanna - female version of John

Does anyone know if Benedikte is the Danish form of the name Patricia? Google Translator has changed "Princess Benedikte" to "Princess Patricia" on me several times.

If it is a form of Patricia, I wonder if Queen Ingrid named her second daughter after her aunt, Patricia of Connaught.

kalnel said:
Does anyone know if Benedikte is the Danish form of the name Patricia? Google Translator has changed "Princess Benedikte" to "Princess Patricia" on me several times.

If it is a form of Patricia, I wonder if Queen Ingrid named her second daughter after her aunt, Patricia of Connaught.

I don't know but google translate does funny things. Queen Silvia is sometimes translated as 'Helen Keller', for example.

:) Yes, sjetajiem, "Isidor" is a masculine name.

:) Yes, sjetajiem, "Isidor" is a masculine name.

I know, but your post could be read as if the twins were two boys (Hugo and Isidor)
"Hugo or Isidor for the boy" would be clearer

Have a job other than being a royal?

Well in Holland, besides Willem Alexander and Maxima the others have all a real job.

Last edited by a moderator:
sjetajiem said:
Well in Holland, besides Willem Alexander and Maxima the others have all a real job.

That's only in Holland though? I understand that the Greek royals, Martha Louise and Ari have jobs. But nobody else besides that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom