Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to come right out and say it....for some reason I really like the name Gwyneth.

Princess Gwyneth of Denmark?...I like the idea and I would love to see something like that happen, but let's be honest, the name is Welsh and associated with a Hollywood celeb...it just ain't gunna happen ;)

Michael is English, Mikael would be the scandinavian version, and there is not much royal precdence other than in Russia/Byzantium.

Michael is very much a Danish name and very common. It's just pronounced like Mikael.

I love Frederika (several different spellings)

Really? I don't think so ;)

It is, Isabella is the spanish form of Elizabeth. :flowers:

Something new and fresh would be nice, no name that any other royal child has perhaps.

Princess Gwyneth of Denmark?...I like the idea and I would love to see something like that happen, but let's be honest, the name is Welsh and associated with a Hollywood celeb...it just ain't gunna happen ;)

You never know :p But I doubt it also. It was merely a contribution to the list of names.

Michael is very much a Danish name and very common. It's just pronounced like Mikael.

I didn't say it wasn't a common Danish name, I said it wasn't a royal Danish name. There may be a lot of Sally's in England, that doesn't mean William and Kate would have a Princess Sally. What is popular and common among the commoners, doesn't make it a likely choice for a royal name.

I have a question tho....if a name is associated with a celebrity how in the world does that mean it will be excluded from possible names that the CP couple may give their children?

I really don't see the logic in that....they will pick whatever name they like no matter what Hollywood celebrity has it.

I love the name Alexandra! It's classic and beautiful at the same time.

Just to make clear :flowers:
The female version of Frederik is not Friedrika/Friederika/ or any other way of spelling, it´s Frederikke :flowers:

I didn't say it wasn't a common Danish name, I said it wasn't a royal Danish name. There may be a lot of Sally's in England, that doesn't mean William and Kate would have a Princess Sally. What is popular and common among the commoners, doesn't make it a likely choice for a royal name.

Easy now. :)

It was just a piece of info.

Just to make clear :flowers:
The female version of Frederik is not Friedrika/Friederika/ or any other way of spelling, it´s Frederikke :flowers:

Yes FasterB, we will never ever spell it the other way in the times to come. Frederikke. :)

I stick to Norah for the little girl.
Maybe Angus Donald Valdemar Christian for the little prince.

Yes FasterB, we will never ever spell it the other way in the times to come. Frederikke. :)

I stick to Norah for the little girl.
Maybe Angus Donald Valdemar Christian for the little prince.

I don't understand why anyone wants Valdemar Christian, can't the poor baby have his own name? Its not like there is only 6 names in the Danish tongue. His brother is Christian Valdemar, lets just switch them up? If anything Friederick. And Prince Angus of Denmark?????

For the princess I will guess on: Frederikke or Mathilde. Yes, Mathilde and not Mathilda. Mathilda is not that common in danish and it doesn´t sound nice :(

For the prince I´m quite keen on Carl. I know that BabyPrince Henrik has that name in his 4-row, but still I´m in love with that name :wub:

Thank you :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederikke sounds too male for me. I'll be dissappointed and bored by the whole traditional names and male/female forms of royal names. Like I said originality and new names is what is needed IMO.

I don't understand why anyone wants Valdemar Christian, can't the poor baby have his own name? Its not like there is only 6 names in the Danish tongue. His brother is Christian Valdemar, lets just switch them up? If anything Friederick. And Prince Angus of Denmark?????

What you don't understand is that people in here are making "suggestions" right? You better propose some interesting ones instead of asking WHY do I feel Angus with 5 question marks. In my book it seems quite rude.

What you don't understand is that people in here are making "suggestions" right? You better propose some interesting ones instead of asking WHY do I feel Angus with 5 question marks. In my book it seems quite rude.

I have suggested numerous names. And if you are going to throw out something as way out there as Angus, how do you expect people to react? I'm sorry, but as much as some people want them to come up with some original name, like Savanah Philips, these kids are 4/5 in line for the throne, children of the heir. Some random Scottish name, with no connection either to the royal family, or the couple, just seems odd. And if you're going to think it rude when someone questions a weird choice, maybe you shouldn't post. People respond to other people's suggestions, that's what they do on this board last I looked.

By the way the question marks were for an explanation. Maybe you have some amazing reason for choosing Angus, and it may make me like the name. Or perhaps you just chose a random name from a baby book.
As I have said countless times, making a number of suggestions you can see on earlier pages, I see them choosing from the tree again, but names not used by royal babies in the same generation.

I originally liked Mathilda or Adelaide- which are links to Mary, she is Australian not Scottish, even if her family is originally from Scotland

but I have been leaning more towards Anna as of late or even Astrid

Boys were always Eric, or earlier Johan

I have suggested numerous names. And if you are going to throw out something as way out there as Angus, how do you expect people to react? I'm sorry, but as much as some people want them to come up with some original name, like Savanah Philips, these kids are 4/5 in line for the throne, children of the heir. Some random Scottish name, with no connection either to the royal family, or the couple, just seems odd. And if you're going to think it rude when someone questions a weird choice, maybe you shouldn't post. People respond to other people's suggestions, that's what they do on this board last I looked.

By the way the question marks were for an explanation. Maybe you have some amazing reason for choosing Angus, and it may make me like the name. Or perhaps you just chose a random name from a baby book.
As I have said countless times, making a number of suggestions you can see on earlier pages, I see them choosing from the tree again, but names not used by royal babies in the same generation.

I originally liked Mathilda or Adelaide- which are links to Mary, she is Australian not Scottish, even if her family is originally from Scotland

but I have been leaning more towards Anna as of late or even Astrid

Boys were always Eric, or earlier Johan

Sometimes I think people take these threads just a little toooooo seriously. :lol:
In reality, no one knows the babies names until the day of their christenings so a little light hearted guessing game is a bit of fun. I could google Danish names and come up with Astrid and Sven but that would be boring. I'm Australian so I am going to choose :ermm: Madge and Harold. A Neighbours classic.

:previous:

No, no - Scott and Charlene :D

(Although Charlene actually works now...)

I have suggested numerous names. And if you are going to throw out something as way out there as Angus, how do you expect people to react? (...) Some random Scottish name, with no connection either to the royal family, or the couple, just seems odd. And if you're going to think it rude when someone questions a weird choice, maybe you shouldn't post. People respond to other people's suggestions, that's what they do on this board last I looked.

As I have said countless times making a number of suggestions you can see on earlier pages (...)

First of all, I don't have any problem with the fact that people like or do not like my name suggestions, I don't have any problem with people discussing about them either. My point is that there is without any doubt another way to ask for further explanation which is more civilised than plain rudeness.

Have you read what you just said? Who are you to decide even you wrote it "countless of times" the rules of how/what one should choose the babies names? "Tree", "random" etc... what's wrong with names that one do simply like?
None of the members of this thread has ever asked me for some explanation with just a succession of question marks which is the written form of yelling. You pretend not to have any clue about why I "throw Angus out" for example, yet you understood that I was referring at Mary's, thus her children' scottish heritage. Mary being australian doesn't mean nobody has the right to hint at her roots.
And even then, would it have no connection with anything royal but just a name I like what's wrong with that?

As I joined this forum a way before you did, I have seen lots of name suggestions. I really like some of them, I found some ugly, boring, but it's others choice and I respect that. It's ludicrous, over the top, to be aggressive about names of babies who are not even yours - about names that their parents might even think about. Nobody posts anything to please you personally, you like it fine, you don't just pass by. As far as I'm concerned I better not pay attention to people your kind.

Last edited:
For some time I'm leaning towards Valdemar & Mathilda/e. Although I'm not completly sure if Valdemar fits their style but it would be lovely. Caroline, Frederikke/Friederikke & Adeleide/Adelheid would be lovely for a girl too.

Frederikke sounds too male for me.

I guess that Frederikke must sound a bit like the french "Frédérique" which is an exquisite female name in french. BTW so much feminine that the boys prefer to be called just Fred most of the time, while their female counterparts proudly bear their whole names.

I guess that Frederikke must sound a bit like the french "Frédérique" which is an exquisite female name in french. BTW so much feminine that the boys prefer to be called just Fred most of the time, while their female counterparts proudly bear their whole names.

It's funny you should mention it, Katelle.
The French and feminine Frederique is pronounced in Danish pretty much like Frederik, except that the French ending is softer. It's certainly closer in pronounciation than the English Frederick.

If I am to describe how Frederikke sounds it would in English be something like: Fre - the - rig (as in rigging) - eh.
Frederik is simply pronounced: fre - the - rig.

Frederique shouldn't be impossible. Are there any Frederique's in PH's family line?

It's funny you should mention it, Katelle.
The French and feminine Frederique is pronounced in Danish pretty much like Frederik, except that the French ending is softer. It's certainly closer in pronounciation than the English Frederick.

If I am to describe how Frederikke sounds it would in English be something like: Fre - the - rig (as in rigging) - eh.
Frederik is simply pronounced: fre - the - rig.

Frederique shouldn't be impossible. Are there any Frederique's in PH's family line?

I knew it :) I just guessed from the way Marie is pronounced in danish which is quite similar to the french way.

Well I don't know any Frédérique in Prince Henrik's family. His mother's name is Renée, and I have read about his sisters: Françoise, Catherine, Maurille if I'm not mistaken. Those are the main names though. I don't have any idea of the other 3 even 4 ones that each of these ladies carry as well.

Well, Muhler thanks to Catharina I found this in PH's thread.
There are actually at least 2 Friederikes (german forms),some noticeable Marguerites/Margaretes and lots of Maries/Marias (including Prince Henrik himself)

while pondering possible names for the Crown Prince couple's twins I found Prince Henrik's family tree.
Ancestry of Henri de Laborde de Monpezat

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the name Johan, they could 'scandanavianise' John for Mary's father and her brother. As Joachim's already named his son Henrik, that's unlikely to be a first name. Maybe Joachim could be one of the boy's middle names?

for den lillepig:
Johanne Elisabeth Helene Mary
Sophie Patricia Ingrid Lovisa

for den lilledreng:
Maximilian Frederik André William
Viggo Henrik Valdemar Erik

Otto Victor Albert Vilhem
Joanna Elisabeth Mary Victoria

First of all, I don't have any problem with the fact that people like or do not like my name suggestions, I don't have any problem with people discussing about them either. My point is that there is without any doubt another way to ask for further explanation which is more civilised than plain rudeness.

Have you read what you just said? Who are you to decide even you wrote it "countless of times" the rules of how/what one should choose the babies names? "Tree", "random" etc... what's wrong with names that one do simply like?
None of the members of this thread has ever asked me for some explanation with just a succession of question marks which is the written form of yelling. You pretend not to have any clue about why I "throw Angus out" for example, yet you understood that I was referring at Mary's, thus her children' scottish heritage. Mary being australian doesn't mean nobody has the right to hint at her roots.
And even then, would it have no connection with anything royal but just a name I like what's wrong with that?

As I joined this forum a way before you did, I have seen lots of name suggestions. I really like some of them, I found some ugly, boring, but it's others choice and I respect that. It's ludicrous, over the top, to be aggressive about names of babies who are not even yours - about names that their parents might even think about. Nobody posts anything to please you personally, you like it fine, you don't just pass by. As far as I'm concerned I better not pay attention to people your kind.

Is it? I always thought multiple exclamation marks or all Caps Lock was the written form of yelling, but never heard same about the multiple question marks.

for den lillepig:
Johanne Elisabeth Helene Mary
Sophie Patricia Ingrid Lovisa

for den lilledreng:
Maximilian Frederik André William
Viggo Henrik Valdemar Erik

Love the name Viggo!
I also like Erik, but it's a personal thing, my little brother's name is Erik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom