Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

I have been making a lot of suggestions myself & again - we were stating our opinion on the name - don't take everything too personal.

Mary's sister Jane is already godmother to Christian so perhaps for the twins Mary's brother John or sister Patricia? I think it would be nice to see someone from Mary's siblings and one of Frederik's French cousins.

Who are his French cousins? I've never come across them before.

Freds Uncle Etienne has several children :)

Count Raphaël de Laborde de Monpezat
Count Bertrand de Laborde de Monpezat
Count Arthur de Laborde de Monpezat
Count Jean-Baptiste de Laborde de Monpezat
Countess Jean-Baptiste de Laborde de Monpezat
Ms Clemence de Monpezat
Count Grégoire de Laborde de Monpezat
Marquis Florent de Laborde de Monpezat

Frederik & Mary

:previous:

I have been making a lot of suggestions myself & again - we were stating our opinion on the name - don't take everything too personal.

Believe me I am not taking it personally...I am just disappointed with the level and quality of suggestions...I would love to read other people's ideas about names...rather than all the other stuff!

I like the name Victoria and the maybe Lucas for the boy?

I think we are going to see Crown Prince Pavlos or Crown Princess Marie-Chantal as godparents. I think that was why she was at the Spring/Summer Haute Couture shows - shiopping for the royal weddings and/or the Danish christenings.

Pavlos is godfather to Christian. Just because she was shopping doesn't mean they are going to make an appearance at any wedding/christening.

I would think that Mary's sister Patricia would be asked since Jane is a Godmother to Christian.

Godparents:
Patricia Bailey (Mary's sister)
John Donaldson (Mary's brother)
Princess Marie
Alexandra, Countess of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth
Prince Daniel
CP Victoria
2 friends of CPC

I also have given some thought to official photos. I first said perhaps CP Mary's birthday; after more deliberation, it makes more sense for them to wait until the christening. I think we will hear an official announcement about the baptism in late March.
As a mother myself, I would coordinate official engagements to ease the stress of events such as these have on children so young. The family may want to have the christening closer to QMII's birthday as well, in consideration of family and friends who need to travel.

Also, there were a handful of comments suggesting the CPC might attend the wedding in the UK in April. I would say this is doubtful. I think Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be the ones to attend as it was Queen Elizabeth's youngest children that attended Fred and Mary's ceremony. I personally don't feel this event warrants attendance by the CPC. Therefore, any events abroad would not be taken into consideration when the CPC's loyalty and devotion is to Denmark and of course their young ones.
It could turn out I am wrong, but honestly, imo, the CPC is too busy with their brood to try to travel for awhile now.

Prince William And Catherine Middleton

Name and Godparent suggestions for the twins:

Sophie Matilda Mary Ingahild
Charlotte Alexandrine Mary Adelaide
Caroline Mary Alexandrine Lucia
Harriet Mary Matilda Louise
Gretel Matilda Mary Victoria
Clemence Mary Acacia Louise
Anna Ingahild Mary Alice

Archibald Frederik Andre Horne
Frederik Sydney Andre Horne
Sydney Frederik Tasman Peter
Oscar Frederik Spruce Olympus
Hansel Frederik Stuart Andre
David Frederik Andre Nicholas
Andre Frederik Sydney Clark

1/ cousin Natalie, John Donaldson, Sophie Wessex, Amber Petty,
Prince Daniel, friend Peter and maybe Alexandra's husband Martin.

2/ Cousins Nicholas and Gustav, sister Patricia, Felipe of Spain.
Carl of Sweden, Prince Edward and Caroline H or friends of Frederik.

Last edited:
Possible godparents:
One or more of Frederik's Greek cousins (except Pavlos and Alexia who are already godparents to Christian and Isabella)
One or more Berleberg cousin
Mary's brother
Phillipe of Belgium (Mathilde is Isabella's godmother)
Wilem-Alexander and/or Maxima
I'm not sure how close the couple are to foreign royals who aren't heirs but Carl Philip of Sweden is a possibility

Possible godparents:
One or more of Frederik's Greek cousins (except Pavlos and Alexia who are already godparents to Christian and Isabella)

I'd like to see Phillipos or Theodora as godparents, but since it's twins maybe couples would be chosen instead. Maybe Prince Nikolas and his new wife who's name escapes me at the moment?

I think one of Mary's Danish friends would make the cut? Caroline, Tanja or Helle?

When will we know for sure? I've been waiting for the names of the twins to be given, but haven't seen anything yet.

When will we know for sure? I've been waiting for the names of the twins to be given, but haven't seen anything yet.

It is a tradition in the royal family not to reveal the names before the christening.

We will have to wait some 2-3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Not !! ?

Well, for one, Frederik and Mary have never met Catherine - it would be ridiculous to give someone the honour of being your child's godparent if you have never met them.

they are staff, not friends.
Caroline and Tanja were friends of Mary's first, then later become her L-i-W/secretaries. Their husbands are also good friends with Frederik (Peter Heering has been friends with Frederik since they were children I believe - their mothers are close friends).

I don't think EX royals would be good enough for Mary.
Pavlos of Greece being the godfather of Christian disproves that. Alexia of Greece, as godmother to Isabella, too.

Prince William And Catherine Middleton

I don't think so, for a number of reasons! Firstly the baptism is likely to take place in April or early May, secondly I doubt that Wills and Fred ever met ( Charles' 60th birthday bash at BP for a.o. foreign royalty being a possible exception), thirdly the British and Danish royal families don't appear to be particularly close.

Viv

Caroline and Tanja are friends of Mary who have probably were asked to become LIW so Mary would have someone she knows and is comfortable with along at official functions. They aren't just "staff" and they certainly don't need the money.

Taroonababe said:
Why Not !! ?

they are staff, not friends.

I don't think EX royals would be good enough for Mary.

Oh how naive you are.

JessRulz said:
Well, for one, Frederik and Mary have never met Catherine - it would be ridiculous to give someone the honour of being your child's godparent if you have never met them.

Caroline and Tanja were friends of Mary's first, then later become her L-i-W/secretaries. Their husbands are also good friends with Frederik (Peter Heering has been friends with Frederik since they were children I believe - their mothers are close friends).

Pavlos of Greece being the godfather of Christian disproves that. Alexia of Greece, as godmother to Isabella, too.

Thank you for replying Zonk, you replied exactly how I would. :)

Princess Mathilde Louisa Mary Susan

Prince Jakob Frederik Arthur Christian

Found some more family names of Mary's that could be useful:

Thomas Peter Archibald Frederik
(Thomas Melrose, Peter Donaldson, Archibald Horne)

and

Annika Catherine Patricia Jane (or Anneke, to honour Queen Anne-Marie also)
(Annie Horne, Catherine Smith, sisters Patricia & Jane)

Ancestry of Mary Donaldson

I could see Prince Thomas and Princess Annika (or Princess Anneke) with Christian and Isabella...

More name suggestions for the twins:

Thomas Frederik Clancy Benedict
Frederik Andre Sydney Nicholas
Rupert Archibald Frederik Andre
Leopold Frederik Sydney Horne

Catherine Alison Mary Louise
Daisy Caroline Lucia Magdalen
Alexandrine Mary Feodora Louise
Philippa Mary Grace Alexandrine

There are so many names and combinations!

Last edited:
I really like

Annnika Catherine Patricia Jane
Lucas Michael Frederik Peter

I can't wait!speculation is killing me

I really like

Annnika Catherine Patricia Jane
Lucas Michael Frederik Peter

I can't wait!speculation is killing me

I love both of your suggestions but couldn't help thinking...

Annika - Anakin Skywalker
Lucas - George Lucas

Sorry! Half (or more) of you may not even know what I'm referring to! :flowers:

I love both of your suggestions but couldn't help thinking...

Annika - Anakin Skywalker
Lucas - George Lucas

Sorry! Half (or more) of you may not even know what I'm referring to! :flowers:
Oh my Gosh, I never put that together, hilarious!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom