Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting - why is Brian a bad guy name? From a movie or something?

:ohmy:

That's interesting - why is Brian a bad guy name? From a movie or something?

:ohmy:
It must have been originally. For years, there has been a saying 'he's a Brian' - usually meaning a special type who is from a 'low social class'; it may also mean a person without much schooling, etc. It's just one of those things which suddenly appears, grows and gains force and by now it's a name that many people will seek to avoid.

It must have been originally. For years, there has been a saying 'he's a Brian' - usually meaning a special type who is from a 'low social class'; it may also mean a person without much schooling, etc. It's just one of those things which suddenly appears, grows and gains force and by now it's a name that many people will seek to avoid.

:ROFLMAO: It is called "Kevinismus" or "Chantalismus" in Germany. The names, people try to avoid, are Kevin, Justin, Chantal or Jacqueline (mostly writen satirical "Schakkeline") etc. .

It is really sad for the boys and girls, who already have one of those names.

:previous:

In France, names like Brian, Kevin, Steven, Megan, Alison... etc. are very much associated with the 90's french people without much education and who would name their children after US sitcoms, soap operas or boys bands- the only cultural references they are supposed to know, while they don't speak a single english word.
I was surprised that the same thing occures in countries like Germany or Denmark, whose people tend to speak a much better english than the French do in general.

Back to the topic, I think that this time they will go for typical danish and australian names.

It would be cute that if one of the twins are a boy, they'd name him William & make Prince William his godfather :)

I'm very fond of names as Amalie/Amalia/Amélie (I'd love a Princess Amélie), Mathilda, Caroline, Jacqueline, Josephine or Daisy (how cute would Princess Daisy be? :] in honor of the Queen ;]) a girl.
For a boy I like the names William, Andreas, Joseph, Jonathan, Carl & Elias.

I have a strange feeling that they'll use French-ish names this time :]

Hans would be very beautiful and traditional name and hopefully if there will be boy(s) then at least one boy name will be Hans. For girl I still hope names Dagmar and Frederikke.

@ Lumutqueen
They would not want to have their child confused with Princess Ingrid of Norway would they?

I don't know if they would, but Princess Ingrid is Ingrid-Alexandra formally. If Mary and Frederik want to name their possible daughter Ingrid they should.

I'm not talking about in Spain, I'm talking about in general. That's what the name means and what it represents. Just because teenage tramps in England name their babies Mercedes doesn't mean it's a bad name or that something is wrong with it.

In general I never knew it was known for that, to me it has always been the car company which was named after the owners daughter. To me it will always be a tacky horrible name and a very good car company.
To me it's a horrible name.

@ Lumutqueen
They would not want to have their child confused with Princess Ingrid of Norway would they?

I would guess it is quite normal to have more than one child called the same name in the family. Sometimes people name their children after their parents or an uncle/aunt you name it.

Ingrid is a lovely name IMO.

Nevertheless there is still Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth ;)

I think for boys: Carl, Christoffer, Emil

Girls: Ida, Louise, Caroline

Nevertheless there is still Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth ;)

Exactly why I don't think they'll name a daughter Ingrid ;]
IMO it would be cheesy with two cousins with the same name :)

I would like to propose the following names: Bibiana, Natalia, Blanka, Barbara, Ekhard.

Ekhard o_O Ever heard of Werner the film? "Ekhard, die Russen kommen!!" :D

Egal, I feel I begin to get ang:ninja:ry, if none of my names will be chosen.......

There is, but there are two henrik who live in the same country let alone same family. :)

Responding to Lumutqueen's Henrik comment:

I think the two Henrik's are not an issue, only because I think as Prince Henrik snr was not 'born' a Henrik (the French Henri) he still might be referred to as Henri 'behind closed doors'...and I am not even sure if his name is officially legally changed by deed poll to Henrik? So with the birth of Joachim and Marie's son and naming him Henrik actually set a precedent for the name now to be included as part of the official pool of royal names, because correct me if I am wrong, but there have been no Henrik's in the history of the Danish royal family before Prince Henri(k)?

And to Sternchen:

I have done that previously, sent a letter of name suggestions to the family...I got a generic response about, the family thanks you for your interest and all the best...Needless to say, they didn't use my suggestions...I suggested Henrietta as a first name, and even Arabella and Matilda, Olafur, Xenia, Anneke way back in 2007 before Isabella's birth...So I decided not to do it this time because they never listen to me anyway ;)

Yes, Sternchen, and I feel with you, AnnaNotherThing,

but now: what about HENRIKA ?

I would like to propose the following names: Bibiana, Natalia, Blanka, Barbara, Ekhard.

Oh lord, they are...interesting :huh: names.

I've never heard of the name 'Bibiana' until now. Perhaps for good reason :D

but now: what about HENRIKA ?

Enough of anything 'Henrik' I think...lol. I thought one was enough myself, let alone having variations considered.

Last edited:
You are very good to me, lindaW.
I can only repeat what I said recently: all "my" names, I take them from our catholic day calendar, which showed on the 6th of December amongst Nicole and Dionysia also the name of HENRIKA. Thank you.

So stupid...i just read an online article about how Mary's twins will arrive before Christmas, but that is not the stupid part...some goose replied in the comments about how Frederik and Christian are the only allowable names of boys in the Danish royal family and if it's twin boys, they will have to be called: Frederik and Christian...Ummm, I don't think so! Frederik and Christian are the names of Danish kings, but there are a variety of names 'allowed' in the Danish royal family...

I think if it is twin boys, they might have Christian and Frederik as a 4th name, so in event that they have to rule, they would be, for example Thomas Vilhelm Donald Frederik, styled as King Frederik the whatever...or the other twin could be William Aage Oscar Christian, style as King Christian...and even though Christian will be his older brother's first name, I think it will be reused as a middle name, just because of the larger picture of Danish lineage and tradition...

Last edited:
has Victoria been suggested?

It's an Australian as well as a Scandinavian name ... and it would be very nice to acknowledge Frederik's close friend and Crown Princess colleague ...

I think if girls the twins will have royal names with an Australian flavour...like:

Matilda, Adelaide, Victoria, Dorothea - any combination of these...

So stupid...i just read an online article about how Mary's twins will arrive before Christmas, but that is not the stupid part...some goose replied in the comments about how Frederik and Christian are the only allowable names of boys in the Danish royal family and if it's twin boys, they will have to be called: Frederik and Christian...Ummm, I don't think so! Frederik and Christian are the names of Danish kings, but there are a variety of names 'allowed' in the Danish royal family...

I think if it is twin boys, they might have Christian and Frederik as a 4th name, so in event that they have to rule, they would be, for example Thomas Vilhelm Donald Frederik, styled as King Frederik the whatever...or the other twin could be William Aage Oscar Christian, style as King Christian...and even though Christian will be his older brother's first name, I think it will be reused as a middle name, just because of the larger picture of Danish lineage and tradition...

I read that article too. Sometimes journalists should do their job a little bit better ;)

If that argument that only Frederik and Christian are only to be used...Why does Frederik have a brother called Joachim? And why would Mary and Frederik name two or both of their sons 'Christian'...really?

has Victoria been suggested?

Victoria would be a lovely name also considering how close Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden & Frederik are.

AnnaNotherThing said:
If that argument that only Frederik and Christian are only to be used...Why does Frederik have a brother called Joachim? And why would Mary and Frederik name two or both of their sons 'Christian'...really?

Tabloids do write nonsense to sell or some don't even bother to do their research :whistling:

Name suggestions:

Girls: Louise, Josephine, Margrethe, Victoria, Sofie

Boys: William, Alexander, Valdemar

Well, it is a tradition in DK to name the sons in the line either Christian or Frederik. The first born will (of course) have the next king-in-line name and the spare(s) will have either Christian or Frederik. That´s the reason for both Joachim, Nikolai and Felix have either Christian or Frederik in their names.

Until Prince Christian was born, then it was Joachim and his sons who was next in line after CP Frederik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom