Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arabella is a beautiful name. As far as I remember it means beautiful Arabian girl. But we already have a Bella, right?

I know they won't use Arabella now, with an Isabella and all...but I hoped they would have used it instead of Isabella...you know:

Arabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe

I suggested way back in 2007 (on these boards) because it has royal links and Scottish links (just like Mary ;) ), Arabella Stuart...So now I just have to accept that it will never be used ;)

If you read that link, wymanda, it says 'or Arabella'...if we want to get pedantic...Arabella is just the more attractive name that they MAY have used...

And my point was not really about Arabella vs Isabella, just that it's not my baby, they don't have the same naming style as me, the have more parameters and boundaries when it comes to naming their children, and perhaps more conservative tastes...And whatever they choose I will be disappointed because it not want I wanted...When really it's not even about me...So that's my point, I like suggesting cool and unusual names like Xenia and Olafur but more than likely the Danes will end up with a Sophie and Johannes...

Well, here are my name suggestions too. Although these are maybe too old fashioned but anyway - here they are (I put only first names here):

For girl:
Augusta
Dorothea
Margaret
Feodora
Alexandra
Dagmar
Caroline
Sophia

For boy:
Christopher
Erik
Axel
Knud
Gorm
Alexander
Albert
Carl

Axel would be a great name for a boy I agree - it would work with the name Amalie (there has been a queen Charlotte Amalie), but perhaps Amalie is seen as being too close to the Dutch princess Amalia.

The name Dorothea is beautiful.

A Princess Dorothea would work for me too...An Australian poem, My country, was written by Dorothea McKellar, so that is the Australian link...And Princess Bella and Princess Dotty would be awesome...

Dorothea Matilda Dagmar Jane...maybe?

I have new guesses...at least I think they're new.

Girls:
Adelaide Victoria Lovisa Jane
Helene Anne-Marie Charlotte Patricia

Godparents for Adelaide:
-Jane Stephens
-Victoria of Sweden
-Pavlos of Greece
-Family friend Amber (last name?)

Godparents for Helene:
-Patricia Bailey
-Anne-Marie of Greece
-Haakon of Norway
-family friend

Boys:
Erik Joachim Oscar Stuart
Johan Patrick Andre Vilhelm

Godparents for Erik:
-John Stuart Donaldson
-Joachim of Denmark
-Mette Marit of Norway
-family friend

Godparents for Johan:
-John D. Donaldson
-Patricia Bailey
-Maxima of the Netherlands
-Daniel of Sweden

Does no one here think that Amber will be a godmother to one of the twins?

Yes! It can be one quite likely variant be cause they have been friends for so long time and their friendship seems still to be very strong:)

Yes! It can be one quite likely variant be cause they have been friends for so long time and their friendship seems still to be very strong:)

I think the main thing stopping any official role for Amber is the fact that she has traded on her friendship with Mary to advance her own public profile here in Australia. For Example, why was the location of her birthday party made available to the press? Obviously so the press would attend to photograph Mary.

A Princess Dorothea would work for me too...An Australian poem, My country, was written by Dorothea McKellar, so that is the Australian link...And Princess Bella and Princess Dotty would be awesome...

Dorothea Matilda Dagmar Jane...maybe?

I like that! :flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have new guesses...at least I think they're new.

Girls:
Adelaide Victoria Lovisa Jane
Helene Anne-Marie Charlotte Patricia

Godparents for Adelaide:
-Jane Stephens
-Victoria of Sweden
-Pavlos of Greece
-Family friend Amber (last name?)

Godparents for Helene:
-Patricia Bailey
-Anne-Marie of Greece
-Haakon of Norway
-family friend

Boys:
Erik Joachim Oscar Stuart
Johan Patrick Andre Vilhelm

Godparents for Erik:
-John Stuart Donaldson
-Joachim of Denmark
-Mette Marit of Norway
-family friend

Godparents for Johan:
-John D. Donaldson
-Patricia Bailey
-Maxima of the Netherlands
-Daniel of Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette Marit, Crown Prince Pavlos, Prince Joachim and Jane Stephens would not serve as godparents. They are already the godparents of Prince Christian...

Wymanda, I forgot that issue completely. I just started to think about their long time friendship and so on... But at now maybe yes - she can be god mother but on the other hand - Mary surely has much more other friends in Denmark with whom she has very good friendship and whom she and Frederick trusts.

That all doesn't mean that Amber is someone completely bad and so on... but people come and go and stay far away - talking about geographically and emotionally. And yes, one thing is what we see from the photos, other thing is what we don't see/know.

But I would like to suggest that including all royal persons that are mentioned here...
maybe there is possible that prince Henrik or even queen Margrethe... (sry, if these 2 have mentioned here already)

Maybe this question has already been asked before but at the christening what will happen regarding the royal christening robe - i am assuming there is only one ie the one used at both Isabella's and Christian's so therefore at the twin's christening will they not wear the traditional robe and instead two new modern ones could be bought specially for the occasion?

I think Prince Daniel of Sweden and Willem-Alexander are good guess as a royal godfathers and maybe Maxima and Marie as a royal godmothers i think the rest will be made up of family friends of the couple

Yes, really, what about christening robe? Be cause obviously twins can't fit together into one robe isn't it... :)

Maybe they really will buy some new robes or maybe there are some other historical family christening robes in Danish royal family...

So suggestions about this questions are very interesting to me too:)

It might be nice to use the christening robe of the danish royal family and one from the donaldson side of the family to recognise the twins ancestry

It might be nice to use the christening robe of the danish royal family and one from the donaldson side of the family to recognise the twins ancestry

That's a nice idea... hopefully they do something like that.

I doubt the parents will choose any of these names, but I like...

For Both Girls:
Caroline Juliana Louise Frederica
Charlotte Dorothea Josephie Mary

For Both Boys:
Axel George Olaf Charles
Knud Phillip Maximillian Ulrik

For One of Each:
Erik Alexander Gustav Fredrick
Ingrid Alexandrine Helena Mary
But as they have already used Ingrid, Helena Alexandrine Francoise Mary

^ SarahAnne I really like: Helena Alexandrine Francoise Mary

I hope that too be cause it's beautiful and very logical solutions for twins:flowers:

It is so interesting to read in the Royal Forums. If only I had some more time at the moment. Kind regards.

I have never guessed the names correctly yet but I would think they may use Frederik if they have a boy other suggestions, Michael, Eric, Alexander. Girls names: Charlotte, Louise, Caroline, Juliana (or variants)

As for godparents possibly Princess Marie, Princess Maxima, Caroline Heering, Marie-Chantal of Greece and maybe Princess Alexandra of Berleburg (Princess Benedikte's daughter - sorry if I spelt her name incorrectly)
Prince Philippe of Belgium, Prince Daniel of Sweden, Prince Nikolaos

That's a pretty good list leslie!

Perhaps,

Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott

Baroness Caroline Fleming

Rose Gad

John Donaldson

Tanja Minh-Doky

Pss Theodora

Pss Martha-Louise

Pss Tatiana

Carina Axelsson

Prince Gustav

Pss Nathalie

might be god-parents to the twins.

Possible names might be:

Marina Alexandrina Margretha Patricia

Louisa Wilhelmina Henrietta Alexandrina

Aurelia Emilie Henrietta Frederikke

Elizabeth Henriette Juliette Louise

Carl Henrik Joachim Frederik

Axel Erik Andre Emil

Vilhelm Axel Olaf Daniel

Valdemar Carl Axel Frederik

Hopefully, the christening for the twins shall be held before the summer holidays at Grasten and at Caix slots in August 2011. It would be interesting to have the christening held at Fredriksborg slot and also have the new Royal chaplain(priest)hold his first royal christening.:flowers:

Hopefully, the christening for the twins shall be held before the summer holidays at Grasten and at Caix slots in August 2011. It would be interesting to have the christening held at Fredriksborg slot and also have the new Royal chaplain(priest)hold his first royal christening.:flowers:

I would say the christening will be March/April time depending on when the twins are born

Christian was born in mid Oct and christened in Jan, Isabella was born late April and christened ealry July and Henrik was born May and christened in July

Think the wait will only be about three months from birth to christening

I need to post here...to bump it up to the top...I still have no idea which direction they will go with these twin children in terms of names...Like most people have mentioned, they threw everyone off with the curveball, Isabella...So they may surprise us and use traditional, already used in the family, Danish names?

I guess first step is that they get born in December/January...next step is speculating for the next 3 months as to what their names will be and how the christening robe dilemma will be solved...Maybe it will be one baby is christened in the robe first, then a small interval and the next baby is dressed in the same gown and then christened...two separate christenings on the same day, with a little wardrobe interval ;)

Ah, names...no idea, I have kind of given up trying to guess because they never do what I want anyway...I am hoping for Matilda and Adelaide or Matilda and Oscar or Olafur and Harald or Harald and Oscar...they are my main combo choices and I am not even going to attempt to try middle name, so many choices, so little space...

I love the names Charlotte and Adelaide. Andrew for a boy. I have a feeling I will be surprised by the names, as I was with Issy.

I guess both Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be godmother and godfather.

Prince Joachim is already a godfather to Prince Christian. But yes, I agree that Princess Marie will be a godmother especially since CP Mary is godmother to Prince Henrik.

I think and I hope baby boy and baby girl...

Girl:
Charlotte
Ingrid
Henrietta

Boy:
Olaf
Alexander
Axel

godmother and godfather
Prince Daniel
Princess Marie
Prince Nikolaos