The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Earl of Wessex. It would be nice if Edward was featured, he is godfather to one of Joachims boys. I always forget which one.
He is godfather to Nikolai

Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Alexandra zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg works at the Unesco in Paris.
In an interview she spoke about her job being full-time and that she has only time to see her family in Berleburg or Denmark in the holidays.
Her husband Jefferson is a very busy banker

Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-job-6849.html
Here are some examples, it' quite an old thread, though.
Ooo thank you for finding the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Alexandra zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg works at the Unesco in Paris.
In an interview she spoke about her job being full-time and that she has only time to see her family in Berleburg or Denmark in the holidays.
Her husband Jefferson is a very busy banker
If it's just a few examples it isn't 'most royals'. The CPs of Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Belgium etc don't have other jobs and they seem to be the ones who would be considered for the godparent role. The swedes, the dutch and the norwegians have other arrangements, ones that have been planned for a while. If they were to be considered godparents, I'm sure Mary and Frederik would have factored in the obstacles when picking a date for the christening. This makes me think more and more that it will be a family and friends event. It would be lovely to see Nathalie and her new son at the christening.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
From reports and pics we have seen since the birth of the twins, Mary's eldest sister Jane was the only sibling that was in Denmark to see the twins. So it's still a possibilty that one or even both siblings will attend the baptism as a godparent. If the media got the touring details of M&F incorrect they may have got other info incorrect as well.
I just read an article this morning from the The Mercury stating that Patricia Bailey will be in Denmark for the christenings, so it is basically a guarantee that she is a Godmother.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
so it is basically a guarantee that she is a Godmother.
Or she could just be there as a guest. Grandfather John is flying over as well. We only have a week and 4 days left to wait.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Or she could just be there as a guest. Grandfather John is flying over as well. We only have a week and 4 days left to wait.
Wasn't Patricia there for the Christenings of Christian and Isabella, where she wasn't a godmother?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Wasn't Patricia there for the Christenings of Christian and Isabella, where she wasn't a godmother?
Quite possible, I'll look back through the threads and see what I can find.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Does anyone know if Benedikte is the Danish form of the name Patricia? Google Translator has changed "Princess Benedikte" to "Princess Patricia" on me several times.
It isn't! Benedikte is the female form of Benedikt, meaning "the blessed". It is a name associated with the founder of the Benedictine order.
In Denmark 1130 women are named Benedikte ('danizised' with a 'k') while 862 carry the latin version of the name.
For comparison only 41 males are named Benedikt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
If it is a form of Patricia, I wonder if Queen Ingrid named her second daughter after her aunt, Patricia of Connaught.
I suppose she could have named her Patricia had she wanted to, but Anglosaxon names would still have been a bit too outlandish at the time!! However in the late 1940s Anglosaxon names became rather popular!

Oh and by the way: I still believe that 'Patricia' is a serious contender!

Viv
Old 04-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Quite possible, I'll look back through the threads and see what I can find.
She was definetly at Christians christening
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - List of Guests

but not at the christening of Isabella
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Guest list
Old 04-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
She was definetly at Christians christening
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - List of Guests

but not at the christening of Isabella
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Guest list
And there was me trauling through the threads to find a picture, should have gone straight to the guest list.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Nobility

I think Patricia was at Christian's christening because, I hate to say it, he is the future King and it was a very big deal. One doesn't attend such a grand event everyday. It isn't that easy probably for Patricia to get away from her job and the cost is considerable as well so she has never just flown over to Denmark like Jane has in the past. If she is in Denmark she is a Godmother and it would be the nice thing to do. I was quite frankly surprised when Patricia wasn't named a Godmother to Isabella since Jane was Christian's.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Except for Patricia, IMO, he isn't a future King he is primarily her nephew and these twins are her niece and nephew. Patricia has flown to Denmark prior to this christening, if for nothing else the wedding in 2004.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Hasn't she been in Denmark shortly after Mary gave birth to Isabella but returned to Australia before the christening? And John (the brother) hasn't been at either christening.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Nobility

I don't think Patricia has been to Denmark in a few years. It is usually Jane that visits, she came after Isabella was born, I don't think Patricia did.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Patricia has been to Denmark for the wedding and Christian's christening and brother John has only been to Denmark for the wedding. Jane has been for the wedding, Christian's christening, after Isabella's birth and she and her entire family ( husband and children ) have been back for a holiday in Denmark. I remember seeing pics of Jane, her husband and children attending a soccer game with M&F in Denmark.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Ooo thank you for finding the thread.

If it's just a few examples it isn't 'most royals'. The CPs of Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Belgium etc don't have other jobs and they seem to be the ones who would be considered for the godparent role. The swedes, the dutch and the norwegians have other arrangements, ones that have been planned for a while. If they were to be considered godparents, I'm sure Mary and Frederik would have factored in the obstacles when picking a date for the christening. This makes me think more and more that it will be a family and friends event. It would be lovely to see Nathalie and her new son at the christening.
We have a long list of royals with a job!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
I don't think Patricia has been to Denmark in a few years. It is usually Jane that visits, she came after Isabella was born, I don't think Patricia did.
I think you're right! I normally don't keep kept track of these visits, but It think that Jane is the one we've seen the most!. One of the mags wrote that she is the sister CP Mary is most attached to.

Viv
Old 04-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Nobility

I wonder if Ingeborg will be among the little princess' names? It's a family name, but it doesn't seem to be a very common one.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Might we see some brother/sister combinations as Godparents for the twins?
Perhaps ...
Nikolaos and Theodora of Greece
Gustav and Nathalie
John and Patricia
Felipe and Christina of Spain.
..and will they choose either/both Princess Marie or/and Countess Alexandra?
..an older nephew perhaps - Alexander Stephens?
..some French cousins?
..'new' or other royals - Daniel, Martha-Louise, Sophie Wessex ...
..good friends are sure to feature somewhere as well.

Yes, it is a large but lateral thinking list from which to choose.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Nobility

I doubt Countess Alexandra will be a godmother since she's no longer part of the Danish Royal Family. Princess Marie, however, is likely to be chosen.

Closed Thread